Submit

Gamer Girls?
  No, just gamers.
  Yes!
View Results

JUST HORRlBLE

Romantic Rogue

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:37 pm

I'm curious what the rest of you think of this topic; for some reason, there appears to be a lot of girls that think they're absolutely amazing and every guys instant love interest just because they play video games. I find that a lot of guys actually get annoyed by girls thinking they're amazing just because they play games. It's become a pretty popular discussion, since I'm always seeing pictures on facebook about it. I dated a guy who, one reason among many, liked me because I played games. But, I didn't brag out like "Oh glob I'm amazing because I'm a girl and play games", not to offend anyone who does think like that. I just really don't understand what makes that so special; I mean, so what? You're a girl, you play games; I'm a girl, I play games. That person who does think like that, she isn't the only girl in existence who plays games. I mean, if that were the case, then fudge yeah I'd feel amazing, but that isn't. I kind of find it irking that girls go out of there way sometimes to be like "Oh I'm a girl and I play games!" To me, it's "so what?" I play games, I don't announce it to the world because everyone plays games every once in a while; I upload what I play onto Youtube because I'm an Let's Player in fact.

So I guess what I'm asking is, how do you girls feel about "gamer girls"; I put quotes as there really shouldn't be a title separate for girls, it should just be gamers like it is for guys.
Anyway; what do you guys think about "gamer girls"; should they feel special for playing games just because they're a girl, or not?
If you're a "gamer girl" who feels special just because you're a girl who plays games, explain why you think like this. Maybe it'll help open my eyes to another perspective.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:04 pm
maybe back when games were oriented to guys, yes. nowadays, when games have male and female characters (especially the ones where you can customize)? not so much
though some early games were fairly girl-heavy in characters (FFV-Bartz and Galuf to Faris/Sarsia, Lenna/Reina and Krille)  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

JUST HORRlBLE

Romantic Rogue

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:09 pm
Kitalpha Hart

I can understand that, back when games were more like destruction and typical guy things, before girls started to become more tomboyish, than yes.
But even so, I play, what could be considered, more for male games and it just feels normal to me. I've been gaming since I was a kid. Lol.
I'm not sure it's so much the characters that matter though, since attractive guys are put in games for girls to buy, and barely clothed girls are put into games for guys to buy. Lol.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:12 pm
Broken Heart Production
Kitalpha Hart

I can understand that, back when games were more like destruction and typical guy things, before girls started to become more tomboyish, than yes.
But even so, I play, what could be considered, more for male games and it just feels normal to me. I've been gaming since I was a kid. Lol.
I'm not sure it's so much the characters that matter though, since attractive guys are put in games for girls to buy, and barely clothed girls are put into games for guys to buy. Lol.
believe me, i've noticed. all the girls in the SenBasa series either have bare legs, or skin-tight pants on (or in one case, a kimono where the opening is on the side and shows off the leg). the ones with larger chests generally show those off, too
but some of the guys are shirtless, so it evens out  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

JUST HORRlBLE

Romantic Rogue

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:18 pm
Kitalpha Hart

I tend not to care how revealing and stuff are, it doesn't bother me. So it doesn't make me buy or not buy the game. Lol.
Though if someone is attractive that doesn't stop me from fangirling.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:21 pm
Broken Heart Production
Kitalpha Hart

I tend not to care how revealing and stuff are, it doesn't bother me. So it doesn't make me buy or not buy the game. Lol.
When it gets to fangirling with SenBasa, Kit gets all gooey-eyed over Kotaro. Most amusing.  

Serah of Silence

Shy Guildswoman

7,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:22 pm
Broken Heart Production
Kitalpha Hart

SenBasa is very fan-service-y~
Serah, shut up  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:28 pm
Serah of Silence

I get really funny when I fangirl over people too. Lol.

Kitalpha Hart

I don't really like fan-service-y stuff, sometimes it gets too hectic or illogical. Lol.  

JUST HORRlBLE

Romantic Rogue

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:33 pm
Broken Heart Production
Serah of Silence

I get really funny when I fangirl over people too. Lol.

Kitalpha Hart

I don't really like fan-service-y stuff, sometimes it gets too hectic or illogical. Lol.
they're not bad about keeping it within limits. it's rarely done odd things
unless you count fanart and stuff. then who knows?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:36 pm
Kitalpha Hart

Well fan art and stuff is fine, everyone has that.
But I mean like, having an original set story than trailing off of it just because that's what the fans want.
Like, for example, Bleach. The creator never wanted to put any sort of romance in the series, but now he is because it's what the fans want and its ruining the show. Not that I even watch it anymore so it really doesn't bother me, but still. Lol.  

JUST HORRlBLE

Romantic Rogue

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:39 pm
Broken Heart Production
Kitalpha Hart

Well fan art and stuff is fine, everyone has that.
But I mean like, having an original set story than trailing off of it just because that's what the fans want.
Like, for example, Bleach. The creator never wanted to put any sort of romance in the series, but now he is because it's what the fans want and its ruining the show. Not that I even watch it anymore so it really doesn't bother me, but still. Lol.
well, the one character, they had him bandaged and beat up from requests, but it was also plot-relevant. their anime is like that. they need something to enrich the plot, and they look in on the fanservice requests. if it works, they use it. nothing crazy
and the style changes a lot in the first season. not so bad during the second. have yet to see the movie, and they're currently making a third season
but as TV Tropes and Idioms says, with that series, you can replace 'rival' with 'love interest' and still have the same thing X'D
implied, never carried through. they let the fans take care of that  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:42 pm
Kitalpha Hart

Oh, then it sounds like a really good anime. x3
It's true though, with anything; rival and love interest are like, the same thing. xD I've seen it tons of times, and it makes sense.  

JUST HORRlBLE

Romantic Rogue

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:44 pm
Broken Heart Production
Kitalpha Hart

Oh, then it sounds like a really good anime. x3
It's true though, with anything; rival and love interest are like, the same thing. xD I've seen it tons of times, and it makes sense.
Sengoku BASARA is the full name. SenBasa is just a shortening. Funimation does the sub/dub of it, so they have it on their site
Masamune's Engrish...gone in dubbed, epic in subbed -w-  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:45 pm
Kitalpha Hart

I always watch everything subbed; English voice acting isn't always as good as Japanese. Though there was this one anime where the Japanese was terrible and English was good and I nearly died of shock. xD  

JUST HORRlBLE

Romantic Rogue

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:47 pm
Broken Heart Production
Kitalpha Hart

I always watch everything subbed; English voice acting isn't always as good as Japanese. Though there was this one anime where the Japanese was terrible and English was good and I nearly died of shock. xD
i've done both with SenBasa. both casts are good. there are somethings that i like in one better than the other, so for me, the SenBasa casts are about equal

aaaannnnd we are off-subject. oh well owo  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces