High School

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Haunting Paranoia

Wheezing Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:52 am
Hey, girls. Haunting Paranoia here to rant about my problems once again. ._. So, High School. I've been a freshman for the last 6 months and let me just say no one was over exaggerating about the transition. For all of my life previous I've been able to hold a 3.8 GPA with no trouble whatsoever and I happened to barely study. I slid through school carefree, but then I hit high school. I guess you could say I need a reality check as I can't just slide through my school years like I've done previous. I'm also a computer junkie and I know that it especially needs to change. Just maybe a week ago I was summoned to an assembly receiving a paper telling me that I was eligible for college classes based on my scores from the last state test I took. That made me feel so excited to strive for newer and higher goals, but then I received my report card today.. 3 A's, 1 B, and 2 D's or a 2.8 GPA. In which depressed me horribly and now I'm sitting here typing out a thread about such. My mother tries to tell me that I'm smart, but I'm just a very lazy person. I somewhat believe she's merely sugar coating it.. I don't deserve those college classes, but then again, I've already signed up for them. She told me that I was obligated and that she would be disappointed if I declined this opportunity. I'm not even sure if I can pull up these grades. I'm not sure what I'm capable of anymore.. Have I been over estimating myself all of these years..?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:32 pm
No, you haven't been overestimating yourself! You just needed that period of transition -- I went through the exact same thing in my freshman year, and trust me, you can move on from that initial slump.
Just make sure you prioritize from here on out. Tell yourself that nothing else can get done until you've finished your homework, and if you don't feel like studying every night, never underestimate the power of good notes. Trust me, I'm a giant slacker, but homework actually doesn't take as long as you might expect once you just sit down and do it.
Go for the college classes! It's a great way to boost your GPA with dual credit, and it's just a good experience overall -- you get to see what those classes are like before you're actually thrust into that setting.

More than anything else, you can bring those grades up. I ended my freshman year with a 2.5 and now I have a 4.2, so anything is possible!  

chrysoprase chimera

Smitten Sweetheart

5,700 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:48 pm
Haunting Paranoia
Hey, girls. Haunting Paranoia here to rant about my problems once again. ._. So, High School. I've been a freshman for the last 6 months and let me just say no one was over exaggerating about the transition. For all of my life previous I've been able to hold a 3.8 GPA with no trouble whatsoever and I happened to barely study. I slid through school carefree, but then I hit high school. I guess you could say I need a reality check as I can't just slide through my school years like I've done previous. I'm also a computer junkie and I know that it especially needs to change. Just maybe a week ago I was summoned to an assembly receiving a paper telling me that I was eligible for college classes based on my scores from the last state test I took. That made me feel so excited to strive for newer and higher goals, but then I received my report card today.. 3 A's, 1 B, and 2 D's or a 2.8 GPA. In which depressed me horribly and now I'm sitting here typing out a thread about such. My mother tries to tell me that I'm smart, but I'm just a very lazy person. I somewhat believe she's merely sugar coating it.. I don't deserve those college classes, but then again, I've already signed up for them. She told me that I was obligated and that she would be disappointed if I declined this opportunity. I'm not even sure if I can pull up these grades. I'm not sure what I'm capable of anymore.. Have I been over estimating myself all of these years..?
When you will find the motivation you will not be lazy, you will spend time to study more and play less.  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games