Roleplay?
  Yay?
  Boo!
View Results

Cret-chan
Crew

Timid Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:33 am
Share your thoughts and opinions on roleplaying!
Encourage others to try it out or practice more!

I like roleplaying because it helps me with my writing skills and lets me use my imagination more. ^^

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:54 am
User Image

Oh~~ I love the ideas of an alternate world!
And also that I get to use my imagination and
practise my writing skills. It's a good way to
be creative and meet new people. ^^

User Image

mahou prince

Sweetheart

Ysavvryl

Peaceful Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:54 am
I like the challenge and fun of writing a story with others. Also, the challenge of being a GM and trying to herd cats players through an interesting scenario without making my guidance obvious. xd It's very rewarding.

Sometimes I just like to have fun with something silly.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:40 am
reading and writing are my passions, and i love being creative and coming up with things. meeting new people is easier for me that way too and the interactions can be fun. the plotting, the new worlds, even the worlds i already know and just coming up with new situations and obsticles are great. i'm not overly social and anxiety makes going up and talking to new people difficult save a few situations so roleplays account for about 1/3-1/2 of my social life. it may be a bit sad but it's great for me because i can still meet people and have actually made a lot of friends online that way who i even talk to offline at times after long enough.

but that's why i love it, it's just tons of fun for me  

StrayKit

The Maharani

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:51 pm
I agree on the honing writing skills bit. You pretend to be a whole different entity, and play around in the universe that's been created for them, be it a high school or an underworld. It's also just a cool alternative to writing an actual story out, reading a book, or I don't know, directing a movie. Lol. I just see the different skills used in each as being synthesized into this one activity... anyway, I love it.

StrayKit: I aww'd emotion_kirakira  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:20 pm
The Maharani
I agree on the honing writing skills bit. You pretend to be a whole different entity, and play around in the universe that's been created for them, be it a high school or an underworld. It's also just a cool alternative to writing an actual story out, reading a book, or I don't know, directing a movie. Lol. I just see the different skills used in each as being synthesized into this one activity... anyway, I love it.

StrayKit: I aww'd emotion_kirakira

^/////^  

StrayKit

Clasela
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:15 pm
        I like role-playing as it helps overcome my writers block (when I have it), it's sociable and it's just a fun way to take my mind off of everything and put myself into my character's shoes (a.k.a. a great stress reliever).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:20 pm
I like seeing other peoples' writing style. I prefer to make roleplays rather than joining them. It's nice to challenge others in new situations and think in alternate ways by solving situations we normally would not be in.

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

Stormgem

Tipsy Streaker

10,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:26 pm
I'm similar to everybody else here. I love to RP because of the chance to enhance my writing skills and meet new people. I love the creative freedom it gives me. It helps with writers block when I'm stuck. I also have always loved creating stories and imaginary worlds with my friends - I love the collective creative process as much as I like the individual creative process. Iron sharpens iron. :3

It also staves off boredom and loneliness. I have a lot of trouble making friends in real time, because I'm a little bit over the top and perhaps a little bit crazy - not to mention I freeze and get really nervous. So RP gives me an outlet. So @StrayKit, while I'm not the same as you, I can totally understand and relate eh.

Side note CRET-CHAN! Long time no see! ^.^

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:40 am
Stormgem
Side note CRET-CHAN! Long time no see! ^.^

Storm! emotion_hug
Yeah, I've been gone a while ^^"

Cret-chan
Crew

Timid Shapeshifter

Lady_Whitetree

Newbie Noob

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:36 am
*Muttermutter* left my favorite roleplays for a while, whether it was a day, a couple of hours, or a week... and they all stopped!

But yes, I love roleplaying. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:36 am
It's more of a challenge than writing a story or novel. It helps my muse work with the unexpected. And it's good between pouts of writer's block. But whether I like it or not depends on where I'm doing it. I do most of my roleplaying inside the B/C because I find people are much more patient. My passion is writing and my happiness does depend on how often each day I can write, but the knowledge that someone is willing to wait months for a response is relaxing.  

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

emiri-chou

Fashionable Lunatic

12,125 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:38 pm
I love roleplaying because it usually inspires me to write and it's easier than writing because you only have to work to develop your character, I have a habit of focusing on maybe 3 characters in a story and forgetting about the rest. It's a great challenge and I love roleplaying fights (I also love losing fights...I dunno why) but I don't particularly like waiting long periods of time for a response cus I forget about them quickly  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:02 am
The same as all but different. It's quite fun and very relaxing for me when I have my ups and downs and wanting to get away from the real world that give lots of stress to some. Therapeutic. Been foreplay for look time even it was rpgs was my first character creations and such but actual typing like the rest had really help me and my writing skills because like before....I was a one liner and to lazy to even make half a para if I wanted to XD.

It's fun to be around others that like the same things as you do in the rp world and understands about the evil writers blocks that fricken ninja rapes your creative mind without you knowing. It's just something you can't really grow out of without having to really push your self hard or/and someone ruin it some how. Though I can also say that I miss the old days when there where slot of creativity into it...but now in my view it kind of dead off and feels repeated and some points.

Buusutaa

Demonic Waffles

12,975 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Noble Shade 100

Trance Harper

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:23 pm
        I'm an actor irl so I find roleplaying to be a great way to explore a new character
        and met through tons of nuances through the literary medium !
        and brush up on my writing skills ><

03. ✿ - - - Role Playing

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces