-Heavy Flamer 20
-Grenadiers 30
-Chimera 55
=Hull Heavy Flamer x

Casualties

Chaos Daemons

Pink horrors x4

Imperial guard.

All dead, except for storm trooper squad of 10.

MVPs

Chaos daemons

MVP- Changeling.

Imperial Guard

MVP- Veteran Squad

Pictures

User Image

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:13 pm
A lengthy game, but was very fun and interesting. I had fun... even though the Game went Straight down hill into Hell. Curse the Xeno Demons... I will get my revenge, and I will crush them with my Treads!Next battle, bring in 6 Lemans with a Baneblade.  

NoUsedAnymore

Vampire

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:13 pm
What happened? ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:27 pm
Within the first turn i demolished a guardsmen squad and a Chimera. then his vet squad got out and turned to shoot my horrors. My changeling used Glamour of Tzeentch and they turned and shot their OWN command squad. Wasting all of their shooting, and nearly killing his own HQ. That gave me first blood and line breaker, as well as slay the warlord. From their i pretty much walked across the board killing everything, while my soul grinder bombarded from a distance. ACTUALLY my Bloodthirster was completely useless this game! He never flew far enough to even get into combat. My screamers never really got into combat either. My flamers popped up and flamed down the remaining squads as well. The battle only went up to turn 4. The Imperial guard player conceded when i began destroying his Storm Trooper squad.  

Ice Queen Westley

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:33 pm
Fun stuff, I always felt Vassal would make for a good combat report map generator. Labels for which turns were which images would help.

Also, for future reports, please use the Battle Reports thread. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:40 pm
DarkElf27
Fun stuff, I always felt Vassal would make for a good combat report map generator. Labels for which turns were which images would help.

Alright. We were just testing to show how Vassal works and such with a standard army. I also was not aware of the section for battlereports and will post there in the future.  

Ice Queen Westley

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:43 pm
Imwestleywheresmybutercup
DarkElf27

Alright. We were just testing to show how Vassal works and such with a standard army. I also was not aware of the section for battlereports and will post there in the future.
No worries at all, it hasn't been terribly active since not too many people post battle reports anymore. whee  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:51 pm
DarkElf27
DarkElf27

No worries at all, it hasn't been terribly active since not too many people post battle reports anymore. whee

Well the IG player is a bit demoralized ;] but we should be posting another one tomorrow if we get around to it. He will be using a more vehicle based list. Do you mind if i post that battle report in this same post? Or shall i just post it in your battlereports thread?  

Ice Queen Westley

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:53 pm
DarkElf27
DarkElf27

Well the IG player is a bit demoralized ;] but we should be posting another one tomorrow if we get around to it. He will be using a more vehicle based list. Do you mind if i post that battle report in this same post? Or shall i just post it in your battlereports thread?
I'd suggest posting it in the other thread, just for consistency's sake. That's where I'll be posting them if Cale and I ever get Vassal updated. xp  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:50 am
Oh dear, oh dear, to the Guard player: Too many expensive named units in your army and not enough fire power!

A suggestion for the HQ squad: Drop the standard and med-kit, this squad is not going to wade into combat, especially not with Creed in it! If you want a HARD melee HQ unit, go with Straken, old iron pecks is more than up to it.  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

NoUsedAnymore

Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:23 am
Lady Blodwynn
Oh dear, oh dear, to the Guard player: Too many expensive named units in your army and not enough fire power!

A suggestion for the HQ squad: Drop the standard and med-kit, this squad is not going to wade into combat, especially not with Creed in it! If you want a HARD melee HQ unit, go with Straken, old iron pecks is more than up to it.

I know. It was just that I never played against a full Daemon Army. So I assumed the army would have units that are like Chaos Space Marines, so I was assuming for strong units to kill, hint why my army was a little heavy on the points. Though, I didn't expect a entire army to deep strike.

The next battle will be better at least. I will have the proper armies.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:49 am
steelunit
Lady Blodwynn

I know. It was just that I never played against a full Daemon Army. So I assumed the army would have units that are like Chaos Space Marines, so I was assuming for strong units to kill, hint why my army was a little heavy on the points. Though, I didn't expect a entire army to deep strike.

Oh dear indeed. That is something your opponent should have briefed you about before the game kicked off in my opinion. Daemons are like no other army out there as you found out, they all start in reserves and half of the army shows up on turn one.  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

NoUsedAnymore

Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:56 am
Lady Blodwynn
steelunit
Lady Blodwynn

Oh dear indeed. That is something your opponent should have briefed you about before the game kicked off in my opinion. Daemons are like no other army out there as you found out, they all start in reserves and half of the army shows up on turn one.

Indeed, so I will not let that happen again. Also, it did not help that I was not in cover as well, He got the lucky pick of the side of the field, and chose the side with the most cover, to prevent me from getting cover. Also, I lacked a tank.

DAEMONS!!!! I will get my revenge!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:00 am
steelunit
Lady Blodwynn
steelunit
Lady Blodwynn

Indeed, so I will not let that happen again. Also, it did not help that I was not in cover as well, He got the lucky pick of the side of the field, and chose the side with the most cover, to prevent me from getting cover. Also, I lacked a tank.

DAEMONS!!!! I will get my revenge!
Agreed. Personally I would drop some if not all of the named characters in favour of more template weapons such as flamers and ordnance from a tank or two like a Griffon battery or a standard Leman Russ with heavy bolter or a Punisher with heavy bolters in every slot.  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

NoUsedAnymore

Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:07 am
I didn't drop every Special Character. Bastonne was a character I never really used. I actually considered Straken too. The battle just never went well for me, mostly when I really had no units to kill the Soul Grinder, except Marbo. The Plasmaguns and Autocannons would have to score 6s to even dent the thing.  
Guild Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff