Any members participating in NaNoWriMo? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Velvet Cakes

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:08 pm
I hope this is the right place, for this topic, but are any of our guild members participating in National Novel Writing Month?

For those of us who don't know, all the information for it can be found here, NaNoWriMo.org

If any of us are, I'd love to be writing friends with you, come find me under: velvet_sometimes. And please share your NaNo handle here for everyone else!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:12 pm
User Image
ӍȿȿӍѻѻȵӱ
≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎ ⒨Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ⒨≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎
Yes! Yes! A million times yes! I wrote a super complicated novel last year, part two? Here it comes!

Cinnabun Gryffie

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Kiiena

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:18 pm
Yes smile I failed so badly last year, and I'm sure I will this year too, but between ridiculous amounts of uni work I'm giving it a go!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:21 pm
MissMoony13
User Image
ӍȿȿӍѻѻȵӱ
Yes! Yes! A million times yes! I wrote a super complicated novel last year, part two? Here it comes!

I never got to finish mine last year @_@ I ended up moving in the middle of November  

Velvet Cakes

Dapper Explorer

Velvet Cakes

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:22 pm
Kiiena
Yes smile I failed so badly last year, and I'm sure I will this year too, but between ridiculous amounts of uni work I'm giving it a go!

Don't worry; I failed horribly my last two years. in '10 it was because I got horrendously sick, and then in '11 becasue I was moving.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:24 pm
Velvet Cakes
Kiiena

Don't worry; I failed horribly my last two years. in '10 it was because I got horrendously sick, and then in '11 becasue I was moving.

Well, third time lucky smile I sat down to think up plot lines and character interactions earlier and discovered all my creative juices seem to have dried up sad  

Kiiena

Velvet Cakes

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:26 pm
Kiiena
Velvet Cakes
Kiiena

Well, third time lucky smile I sat down to think up plot lines and character interactions earlier and discovered all my creative juices seem to have dried up sad

I'd be happy to help if you'd like; I've got so many plot lines and writing challenges to help get the creative juices flowing it's not even funny. I'm sure between the two of use we could find something that inspires you.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:30 pm
Velvet Cakes
Kiiena
Velvet Cakes
Kiiena

I'd be happy to help if you'd like; I've got so many plot lines and writing challenges to help get the creative juices flowing it's not even funny. I'm sure between the two of use we could find something that inspires you.

Well so far I've got a dead English Lord with a drug-addicted son indebted to an underground gang... Any idea for a good murder weapon?  

Kiiena

Velvet Cakes

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:34 pm
Kiiena
Velvet Cakes
Kiiena
Velvet Cakes
Kiiena

Well so far I've got a dead English Lord with a drug-addicted son indebted to an underground gang... Any idea for a good murder weapon?

A shovel. A suitable violent weapon, along with being one that hints at the act being slightly unplanned; sort of a weapon of opportunity type of thing. This is my own perception here, but I think it would fit, given he's a drug addict who's indebted to a gang. Drug addicts are prone to bouts of rash action, along with the fear of what the gang will do to him; I can very easily see it as an unfortunate accident.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:36 pm
Velvet Cakes
Kiiena
Velvet Cakes
Kiiena
Velvet Cakes
Kiiena

A shovel. A suitable violent weapon, along with being one that hints at the act being slightly unplanned; sort of a weapon of opportunity type of thing. This is my own perception here, but I think it would fit, given he's a drug addict who's indebted to a gang. Drug addicts are prone to bouts of rash action, along with the fear of what the gang will do to him; I can very easily see it as an unfortunate accident.

Or a lethal dose of the drug the son was addicted to, maybe he didn't do it and is being set up. What sort of drugs can people be on and still act vaguley normal?  

Kiiena

Velvet Cakes

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:45 pm
Kiiena
Velvet Cakes
Kiiena
Velvet Cakes
Kiiena

Or a lethal dose of the drug the son was addicted to, maybe he didn't do it and is being set up. What sort of drugs can people be on and still act vaguley normal?

If it was the drugs the son was on, then it was probably a set up. Since drug addicts like to take any of their substance they have, instead of 'wasting' it. and as for what kinds, all drugs change you when you become addicted, but your reaction to it, and how badly your personality alters depends on you as a person; it really just ranges. Speed isn't as bad as, say, coke in terms of that, but all addictive substances have an effect.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:56 pm
Velvet Cakes
Kiiena
Velvet Cakes
Kiiena
Velvet Cakes
Kiiena

If it was the drugs the son was on, then it was probably a set up. Since drug addicts like to take any of their substance they have, instead of 'wasting' it. and as for what kinds, all drugs change you when you become addicted, but your reaction to it, and how badly your personality alters depends on you as a person; it really just ranges. Speed isn't as bad as, say, coke in terms of that, but all addictive substances have an effect.

I was thinking Opium, it's harder to come by I'm sure and perhaos not as hard to detect use of unless the person's on it when you see them. I've decided it's a set up by the gang he owes money to for the drugs. His father changed his will leaving him nothing until he was clean of drugs so they inject him with a lethal dose and leave him in Finland where they don't think anyone will associate it with them.

Now I just have to work out how to get him to Finland. What would attract a business man to a deserted area? Renewable energy perhaps, there's a river where they find his body. You're really useful btw smile  

Kiiena

Velvet Cakes

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:21 pm
Kiiena
Velvet Cakes
Kiiena
Velvet Cakes
Kiiena

I was thinking Opium, it's harder to come by I'm sure and perhaos not as hard to detect use of unless the person's on it when you see them. I've decided it's a set up by the gang he owes money to for the drugs. His father changed his will leaving him nothing until he was clean of drugs so they inject him with a lethal dose and leave him in Finland where they don't think anyone will associate it with them.

Now I just have to work out how to get him to Finland. What would attract a business man to a deserted area? Renewable energy perhaps, there's a river where they find his body. You're really useful btw smile

Well, it could be he was going to some sort of 'health retreat'. a vacation or some such; the rich like to do that. and not a problem XD I love brainstorming.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:30 pm
Velvet Cakes
Kiiena
Velvet Cakes
Kiiena
Velvet Cakes
Kiiena

Well, it could be he was going to some sort of 'health retreat'. a vacation or some such; the rich like to do that. and not a problem XD I love brainstorming.

Ooh, that's a good idea. The Finnish like their saunas, maybe a slow acting poison in the steam. That would leave him disorientated enough to go somewhere with a complete stranger.  

Kiiena

Velvet Cakes

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:36 pm
Kiiena
Velvet Cakes
Kiiena
Velvet Cakes
Kiiena

Ooh, that's a good idea. The Finnish like their saunas, maybe a slow acting poison in the steam. That would leave him disorientated enough to go somewhere with a complete stranger.

oh that's quite the idea! I'd go with it!  
11. ✿ - - - Poems And Writing

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff