Reply 24. ✿ - - - Life Issues
Severe depression... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jao Feng

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:34 pm
So I've pretty always had depression, at least for as long as a remember. However I've never really had anyone in my life I could talk to. So in my case, it comes in heavy waves every few months. The last time I was so depressed was at my old school when I was literally in the worst part of my life.
But its back again. I had a few months of smooth where my life was as good as it could be. But now its back and its worse. Get this, but I havent ever been a strong willed person. I just do things to get them done, I dont care how well as long as I dont have to do it again.
But... recently I havent even been able to do that. Now lets get this straight. In general, I am not an 'emo'. I'm anything but. I ride bikes, hike, garden, stuff like that. I usually get good grades too.
However I've suddenly become down, like its not even funny. For about a week before I just had this numb feeling like I had had a massive trauma yet nothing happened to me. Now, depression. For no reason I'll find my eyes welling up or my nose wet or myself buried under blankets.
And no.. I'll clarify that its not 'that time of the month' for me. In general that doesnt affect my mood or anything else. I just dont even get it. Does anyone.. have any thoughts on this?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:57 pm
User Image
*Hugs*

I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling this way.

Unfortunatly, I have nothing to offer. I, myself, am on medication due to anxiety/depression so I don't really have any advice. Just know that I'm right here if ever you need someone to talk too.

Have you considered perhaps going to your doctors and talking about this with them?

TH3_G1ITCH_

Enduring Receiver

13,300 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Atomic Poppy

Girl-Crazy Smoker

8,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:14 pm
aww. depression sucks. I hope you get over it soon. emotion_hug
I used to be depressed too, but I figured out my problem and now I'm working on self-improvement.
do you know why you're sad? or is it that feeling where you suddenly feel sad for no reason?
maybe you should talk to a doctor or one of your parents, like aristocrat said.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:23 pm
Aristocrat In Pink
User Image
*Hugs*

Unfortunatly, I have nothing to offer. I, myself, am on medication due to anxiety/depression so I don't really have any advice. Just know that I'm right here if ever you need someone to talk too.

Have you considered perhaps going to your doctors and talking about this with them?

I actually tried medication many months ago but it only made the depression worse... I could try that but I'd have to establish one first and that could take a long, long time  

Jao Feng

Jao Feng

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:26 pm
Atomic Poppy
I used to be depressed too, but I figured out my problem and now I'm working on self-improvement.
do you know why you're sad? or is it that feeling where you suddenly feel sad for no reason?

If its not rude to ask, how is it possible to figure out the cause?
Well, I'd say it was stress or just recalling some of my past that makes me feel sad, but then again it happens even when I'm feeling neutral so yah...
Idk I've tried, but they're always to busy with themselves to talk. For a doctor, I dont think its possible to.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:31 pm
Jao Feng
Aristocrat In Pink
User Image
*Hugs*

I actually tried medication many months ago but it only made the depression worse... I could try that but I'd have to establish one first and that could take a long, long time

User Image
How old are you, if that's not a personal question?

If it's also okay for me to add, have you perhaps considered Cognitive Behavioural Therapy? I went to a clinic within a local area and spoke with a therapist once a week, for about an hour, and it truly helped me with certain anxiety/depression issues. I think you might need a referral from your doctor, though, so that's why i asked for your age.

Keep strong, many nice girlies here are always here to help~!

Keep in touch~!

TH3_G1ITCH_

Enduring Receiver

13,300 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Atomic Poppy

Girl-Crazy Smoker

8,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:31 pm
Jao Feng
Atomic Poppy

Well, I'd say it was stress or just recalling some of my past that makes me feel sad, but then again it happens even when I'm feeling neutral so yah...
Idk I've tried, but they're always to busy with themselves to talk. For a doctor, I dont think its possible to.

it's fine for you to ask. after being depressed, I started to think to myself, why am I even depressed in the first place? I thought about what I was doing wrong, the people around me, and whatever issues that was going on in school in all that. I guess there's different kinds of depression, the kinds where you just feel like being sad and the other where something is making you feel sad.
what exactly is causing stress? if you don't mind me asking.
maybe you should ask your parents to take you to a psychiatrist or a psychologist.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:32 pm
Aristocrat In Pink
Jao Feng
Aristocrat In Pink
User Image
*Hugs*

User Image
How old are you, if that's not a personal question?

If it's also okay for me to add, have you perhaps considered Cognitive Behavioural Therapy? I went to a clinic within a local area and spoke with a therapist once a week, for about an hour, and it truly helped me with certain anxiety/depression issues. I think you might need a referral from your doctor, though, so that's why i asked for your age.

Keep strong, many nice girlies here are always here to help~!

Keep in touch~!

I'm sixteen, going on seventeen.
Um if I can ask, what is the Cognitive Behavioural Therapy?
I'm glad  

Jao Feng

Jao Feng

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:36 pm
Atomic Poppy
Jao Feng
Atomic Poppy

it's fine for you to ask. after being depressed, I started to think to myself, why am I even depressed in the first place? I thought about what I was doing wrong, the people around me, and whatever issues that was going on in school in all that. I guess there's different kinds of depression, the kinds where you just feel like being sad and the other where something is making you feel sad.
maybe you should ask your parents to take you to a psychiatrist or a psychologist.

I see, thanks for the information
I think it may be a combination of my summer school and waiting to hear news from my brother so I dont even really know any more
My parents wont, I've tried to ask them but they pretty say psychiatry is a load of dung. (Btw whats the difference between those two?)  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:44 pm
Jao Feng
I'm glad

User Image

No problem~!

Cognitive Behavourial Therapy is just a form of therapy that, with the help of a Psychologist (or Psychiatrisct) helps you to dig deep into your past (or present or where-ever the stress may be coming from) and helps you to overcome it. I'm terrible at explaining so here's a link for more information~!
C.B.T.

For example, i was absolutely terrified of going outdoors. Even with family or friends, i couldn't step foot outside the house. So, after a little wait, i finally got my first session with my therapist and from there we just dicussed what was keep me from going out and if anything from my past was stopping me from moving forward.

In the end, as part of the therapy, me and my therapist went out for about an hour or two a session into the local town area which was bustling with people to help me overcome my fear. Now, i'm much better but i'm still on medication due to personal reasons.

Of course, that was mainly for my anxiety. C.B.T. treats all sorts of issues including depression, too.

Since you're so young too, as was I when i was poorly, it hopefully shouldn't take too long for you to book an appointment.

I really hope, nay wish, that either you can perhaps talk about this with a family member or friend or doctor.

It's always ALWAYS best to do this now then leave it for a few years, trust me.

Keep in touch, i'm always here to help when i can~! *hugs*

TH3_G1ITCH_

Enduring Receiver

13,300 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Atomic Poppy

Girl-Crazy Smoker

8,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:44 pm
Jao Feng
Atomic Poppy
Jao Feng
Atomic Poppy

I think it may be a combination of my summer school and waiting to hear news from my brother so I dont even really know any more
My parents wont, I've tried to ask them but they pretty say psychiatry is a load of dung. (Btw whats the difference between those two?)

I'm not really sure about the difference. xD all I know is that they have to do with talking to people and all that.
maybe you should take a break from summer school.
how long exactly have you been depressed?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:48 pm
Aristocrat In Pink
Jao Feng
I'm glad

User Image

No problem~!

Cognitive Behavourial Therapy is just a form of therapy that, with the help of a Psychologist (or Psychiatrisct) helps you to dig deep into your past (or present or where-ever the stress may be coming from) and helps you to overcome it. I'm terrible at explaining so here's a link for more information~!
[********]

For example, i was absolutely terrified of going outdoors. Even with family or friends, i couldn't step foot outside the house. So, after a little wait, i finally got my first session with my therapist and from there we just dicussed what was keep me from going out and if anything from my past was stopping me from moving forward.

In the end, as part of the therapy, me and my therapist went out for about an hour or two a session into the local town area which was bustling with people to help me overcome my fear. Now, i'm much better but i'm still on medication due to personal reasons.

Of course, that was mainly for my anxiety. C.B.T. treats all sorts of issues including depression, too.

Since you're so young too, as was I when i was poorly, it hopefully shouldn't take too long for you to book an appointment.

I really hope, nay wish, that either you can perhaps talk about this with a family member or friend or doctor.

It's always ALWAYS best to do this now then leave it for a few years, trust me.

Keep in touch, i'm always here to help when i can~! *hugs*

Thank you very much  

Jao Feng

Jao Feng

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:04 pm
Atomic Poppy
Jao Feng
Atomic Poppy
Jao Feng
Atomic Poppy

I'm not really sure about the difference. xD all I know is that they have to do with talking to people and all that.

Severely, about a week
However I'll get in deep trouble if I miss any of summer school since its all credit recovery and seat time counts  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:32 pm
Jao Feng
Atomic Poppy
Jao Feng
Atomic Poppy
Jao Feng
Atomic Poppy

Severely, about a week
However I'll get in deep trouble if I miss any of summer school since its all credit recovery and seat time counts

ohh. maybe you need to give yourself time, just see how things go.
is the work in summer school causing stress or is it all the people and drama?  

Atomic Poppy

Girl-Crazy Smoker

8,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

the mage-girl

Magical Marshmallow

22,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:45 am
I am bipolar, though mostly I am depressed. I am on meds and therapy.

If you are depressed, and you sound depressed to me, I am so sorry. crying It sucks. Here are some things I have tried and that seem to help.

* "Pushing" my way through it. I realize I am down, and hurting, but I don't let it stop me. I think of things that I believe I can handle, and try to do them.

* Listening to music. When some people get down, they like down music. Other people like perky music (like many of the Card Captor Sakura songs). When I was down earlier this week, Taylor Swift helped me out of it. (Don't judge me. redface ) Today, I'm listening to the J-Pop band EXILE while I derp around on the internet and try to help people out where I can. smile

* Letting myself cry a little. Sometimes it's cleansing. Just please don't cry yourself sick. sad

* Getting my feelings out. I usually journal before bed, but with the week I've had (discovering I have a second half-brother, and talking to my father in the nursing home for the first time in over 30 years) things have gotten a little out-of-whack. Use whatever medium works for you - writing, poetry, music, working with clay, drawing, whatever.

[I saw the coolest thing yesterday. It was a Barbie doll with a custom-made dress that you can store up to 24 crayons in. Would that not be the coolest thing to have on your desk at home? Your crayons would be right there. My mom likes to color and I thought of her. smile ]

* Talking to someone/posting on the internet. This is part of getting your feelings out. It looks like you're okay with posting on the internet, and I hope you get many helpful comments. 3nodding

* Taking a shower/bath and prettying yourself up! Nothing big. Maybe just something that makes you feel a little more "you". For me, it's taking care of my hair. One of my friends, while she was pregnant, felt especially sad and bloaty. But she (somehow) managed to paint her toenails. And she said it gave her the biggest boost to look down and see her pretty toenails. biggrin I like the glue-on kind because for some reason my toenails grow all weird. neutral

* Really being aware of your feelings. This is extremely energy-intensive because you can't turn off your brain. When you get sad, you have to look at what happened before you were sad, if it reminded you of any past experiences, etc. For me, boredom triggers sadness/depression. You would not believe how long it took me to figure that out. rolleyes

* You can consider meds and/or therapy, but I would talk to your GP (family doctor) before you make any decisions. If you have a pastor/priest or a good friend who can be objective, that might also help you.

Being depressed is not the end of the world, though I know it feels like it. You can get through it. Keep us posted as to your progress, and good luck!  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff