Submit

Fortuitous Feline

Sparkly Fairy

13,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:04 pm
But not a Gaia one emotion_awesome I need a profile on another avatar website, where there are very few (and very expensive) coders. My hope was to snag a Gaian profile maker, pay them on the other website (since them's the rules) and tip them big for it here.

My issue is the fact that this sounds like a huge freaking scam lol PLUS they'd have to figure out the unique profile code-y crap over there.

Any advice? (advice from magic 8 balls not accepted)

Edit: received pink giftbox for posting, obviously the Gaian gods are telling me it was right to come to you with this.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:05 pm
what website is it?  

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Fortuitous Feline

Sparkly Fairy

13,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:06 pm
Meromictic
what website is it?

Crysandrea  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:13 pm
Such a Catastrophe
Meromictic
what website is it?

Crysandrea

Ah. I've never been to that site before. XD

I can't do anything fancy though. Just change a few things/colors around and add backgrounds. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be able to help. c:  

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Fortuitous Feline

Sparkly Fairy

13,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:15 pm
Meromictic
Such a Catastrophe
Meromictic
what website is it?

Crysandrea

Ah. I've never been to that site before. XD

I can't do anything fancy though. Just change a few things/colors around and add backgrounds. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be able to help. c:

Hey, I appreciate even the attention lol I was hoping for something snazzy over there, after I saw an awesome profile.

Also, check the site out, it's got a much smaller community, no actual marketplace, but stuff is pretty cheap and easy to come by, and the avatars can look pretty nice!  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:52 am
Their profile coding system looks super similar to Gaia's so it shouldn't be difficult to find someone :]

I'd offer, but I'm too busy, unfortunately! D;  

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

Fortuitous Feline

Sparkly Fairy

13,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:18 pm
[color=emo]
Their profile coding system looks super similar to Gaia's so it shouldn't be difficult to find someone :]

I'd offer, but I'm too busy, unfortunately! D;

Excellent to know! Thank you whee

Sadly all of the profile coders I once knew have left Gaia talk2hand Foolishness, I say.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:00 pm
Hello! I can code profiles on Gaia and mostly do custom profiles based on V2 profiles. [This is not my main account thus why my profile for this account looks like crap.]

I do not have an account on Crysandrea but after trampling through a couple of profiles [and finding a custom one], I can say that it does look a lot like Gaia coding in that it is primarily based on CSS with tags that a specific to that website. It doesn't look like it would be difficult, but I'm going to be very upfront with you that I lack art skills. I can do buttons, minimal pattern backgrounds and stuff like that no problem. What I cannot do is the fancy avatar art that people usually seem to want hanging out on their profiles.  

Sheard

Man-Hungry Kitten

9,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100

Fortuitous Feline

Sparkly Fairy

13,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:48 pm
Sheard
Hello! I can code profiles on Gaia and mostly do custom profiles based on V2 profiles. [This is not my main account thus why my profile for this account looks like crap.]

I do not have an account on Crysandrea but after trampling through a couple of profiles [and finding a custom one], I can say that it does look a lot like Gaia coding in that it is primarily based on CSS with tags that a specific to that website. It doesn't look like it would be difficult, but I'm going to be very upfront with you that I lack art skills. I can do buttons, minimal pattern backgrounds and stuff like that no problem. What I cannot do is the fancy avatar art that people usually seem to want hanging out on their profiles.

What if I had someone else do the art of it? would that work okay?  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:56 pm
Such a Catastrophe
Sheard

That would be the most ideal situation.  

Sheard

Man-Hungry Kitten

9,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100

Fortuitous Feline

Sparkly Fairy

13,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:00 pm
Sheard
Such a Catastrophe
Sheard

I have somebody willing to do that 4laugh Would a million be a sufficient tip here for the coding there? With payment made over there ninja  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:27 pm
Such a Catastrophe
Sheard
Such a Catastrophe
Sheard

I have somebody willing to do that 4laugh Would a million be a sufficient tip here for the coding there? With payment made over there ninja

One million? O.o Isn't that a bit excessive? I've never coded for anyone other than myself as friends never take me up on my offer to code for free for them.

As for payment over there, I'll need to make an account and since I don't really intend to use it other than for testing out coding... whatever their equivalent to "1 gold" is there.  

Sheard

Man-Hungry Kitten

9,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100

Fortuitous Feline

Sparkly Fairy

13,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 10:21 pm
Sheard
Such a Catastrophe
Sheard
Such a Catastrophe
Sheard

One million? O.o Isn't that a bit excessive? I've never coded for anyone other than myself as friends never take me up on my offer to code for free for them.

As for payment over there, I'll need to make an account and since I don't really intend to use it other than for testing out coding... whatever their equivalent to "1 gold" is there.

I feel like you going to the extra effort is worth extra good tips XD  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:33 am
Such a Catastrophe
Sheard

Actually it doesn't matter. According to Gaia's own rules, you cannot pay me anything at all here. Calling it a "tip" doesn't change the fact that it is still a payment, so you cannot do that without getting us both into trouble.

If a shop chooses to sell the service of using CSS and NOT make the images, ex: Give me your images and I'll make a Theme from them.
The CSS/Programming must be related to Gaia, for use on Gaia.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/services/welcome-to-services/t.11897417/  

Sheard

Man-Hungry Kitten

9,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100

Fortuitous Feline

Sparkly Fairy

13,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:38 am
Sheard
Such a Catastrophe
Sheard

Actually it doesn't matter. According to Gaia's own rules, you cannot pay me anything at all here. Calling it a "tip" doesn't change the fact that it is still a payment, so you cannot do that without getting us both into trouble.

If a shop chooses to sell the service of using CSS and NOT make the images, ex: Give me your images and I'll make a Theme from them.
The CSS/Programming must be related to Gaia, for use on Gaia.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/services/welcome-to-services/t.11897417/

Awww crud =(  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas