Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Spell tools Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MOD66

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:56 pm
i've read a little about some weird things to do when casting. like weilding swords or being naked. this is a place to post the oddes things you ever heard that help some one cast  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:57 am
Twack
i've read a little about some weird things to do when casting. like weilding swords or being naked. this is a place to post the oddes things you ever heard that help some one cast

You think wielding swords or being naked during spellwork is weird? o.O You're obviously not a pagan with either wiccan or Celtic influences. Can't speak for the Nords, Greeks, Romans, Rroma or for that matter anyone else, but in both Celtic society and Wiccan circles, nudity wasn't an issue.
To the Celts, clothes were to keep you warm.
We went into battle nekkid because clothes get in the way.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

MOD66

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:54 am
hey dont get on my case i was just makeing exampels, and i only started learning two days ago!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:09 am
Twack
hey dont get on my case i was just makeing exampels, and i only started learning two days ago!
He wasnt 'getting on your case'. He was merely pointing out that wielding swords and being naked is actually a normal part of some traditions. Perhaps you should research a bit more about casting techniques before you start labelling things as 'weird'.  

Pelta

MOD66

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:25 am
i didnt say they were werid, but the way i was told about those was in that context so i posted that and im sorry if i offended any one.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:31 am
Twack
i didnt say they were werid, but the way i was told about those was in that context so i posted that and im sorry if i offended any one.
That's ok. I was just suggesting that you might want to study a little more. There are some excellent links and books recommended in the stickies at the top of the forum. biggrin You'd be surprised at the sorts of different things people do in their traditions. It's fascinating really.  

Pelta

MOD66

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:52 am
i can only buy some books because my family would not aprove of my choice. and the links wont work becuase its blocked as ocolt and satinisum stare so im working on finding books i can hide, and links that do not get blocked by my borwrser.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:43 pm
reagun ban
Twack

You think wielding swords or being naked during spellwork is weird? o.O You're obviously not a pagan with either wiccan or Celtic influences. Can't speak for the Nords, Greeks, Romans, Rroma or for that matter anyone else, but in both Celtic society and Wiccan circles, nudity wasn't an issue.

Lovin' the hair Reagun. heart

Nudity isn't a big part of my path. Working in my underwear is- but that's the Slavic influence.

I'm a little shocked that no one has mentioned bodily fluids yet. ninja  

TeaDidikai

PhantomPhoenix0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:47 pm
TeaDidikai
reagun ban
Twack

Nudity isn't a big part of my path. Working in my underwear is- but that's the Slavic influence.

I have heard of an alternate way to stain runes as you make them. Instead of draining blood to trace the runes, the person can coat the runes in a bodily fluid (such as semen, or even inserting them into their body in the case of a female).

Not too sure if I would put alot of stock in something like that. Seems like a way to make staining runes more accesable to those afraid of draining blood on them.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:45 pm
PhantomPhoenix0
TeaDidikai
reagun ban
Twack

I have heard of an alternate way to stain runes as you make them. Instead of draining blood to trace the runes, the person can coat the runes in a bodily fluid (such as semen, or even inserting them into their body in the case of a female).

Not too sure if I would put alot of stock in something like that. Seems like a way to make staining runes more accesable to those afraid of draining blood on them.

Do you think we're scaring the kid yet?
Ah... spell tools...
It all depends on what YOU believe. Some say: wand, athame, sword, chalice, cauldron, broom, pentacle... Some say: Dancing nekkid in the moon light! Some say: You don't need tools if you can properly direct your energy on your own with the point of a finger.
Don't worry too much about it all just yet. Keep learning. Most importantly, YOU do what feels right to YOU.  

Arichan16

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:36 pm
PhantomPhoenix0

Sounds like a very Eclectic way to create sympathy between the runes and the owner.

I wouldn't do it. The symbology and link between blood and Odin's sacrifice is what makes blood a good medium for scantification.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:31 pm
How about a bag of craft supply feathers? I've seen a spell that uses that to help you connect with Air.

And what was that fertility rite only found in Ireland and India? I believe it involves getting into a cauldron with a horse as the horse is sacrificed.

Memento Mortalis Es

Pelta

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:01 pm
Bite the Wax Tadpole
How about a bag of craft supply feathers? I've seen a spell that uses that to help you connect with Air.
I use feathers quite a lot. I have a super pretty magpie one that I sometimes use. To be honest I don't really think feathers are that unusual to use in practise. They're also quite easy to be found... 3nodding

Quote:
And what was that fertility rite only found in Ireland and India? I believe it involves getting into a cauldron with a horse as the horse is sacrificed.
eek Wow. Now that would be... extremely uncomfortable. Yeah I think that counts as sufficiently odd. Why only Ireland and India, I wonder?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:10 pm
~Smiles~ Buying feathers.

I am beginning to understand why I have the lifestyle of a crafter, hunter etc.

I don't want to give people money for what I can do myself. mrgreen  

TeaDidikai

Memento Mortalis Es

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:50 pm
missmagpie
Why only Ireland and India, I wonder?

Very good question. That rite is part of the evidence for the theory that the whole Indo-European culture started with nomads moving from India to Ireland (or perhaps the other way around, I forget) and stopping at various points along the way. The points in the middle show the most difference from the original culture. The points at the very beginning, where not everybody left from, and at the very end, where they could go no further, are most similar culturally. I don't remember exactly why this is, though.

Of course, this is just a theory. It may be true, it may not be.

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff