what the hell.... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

3S3 1024

Original Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:10 am
what the hell is gaia standard time? like i understand time zones but that is not a time zone irl and i have no way to figure that out
so can someone please tell me how to figure that out?
PLEASE POST A REAL TIME ZONE TO COMPARE IT TOO, TY  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:51 am
GST, as found in Towns and zOMG, has no direct relationship with any Earth time zone. I'm not sure what fraction it is, but a GST day is lots shorter than an Earth day.  

Creamy Filling

Fluffy Treat

3S3 1024

Original Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:43 am
Creamy Filling
GST, as found in Towns and zOMG, has no direct relationship with any Earth time zone. I'm not sure what fraction it is, but a GST day is lots shorter than an Earth day.

then how would anyone sync there anything to all be on at the same time for a rally or a meet? personally i think something like pacific time is a better idea
for example this is how a 8 pm pacific meet would work for everyone
8 pm pacific time 9 mtn, 10 central, 11 eastern 11:30 Newfoundland time
this way everyone can come to parties and meets at the same time  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:47 am
3S3-GANGSTA
Creamy Filling

then how would anyone sync there anything to all be on at the same time for a rally or a meet? personally i think something like pacific time is a better idea

OH you mean...Pacific time is the time Gaia uses to mark forum posts and stuff like that. That's a completely different thing, there. Only Flash spaces have "GST". If someone referred to it as a meeting time, they may have meant Pacific Time.  

Creamy Filling

Fluffy Treat

3S3 1024

Original Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:41 pm
Creamy Filling
3S3-GANGSTA
Creamy Filling

OH you mean...Pacific time is the time Gaia uses to mark forum posts and stuff like that. That's a completely different thing, there. Only Flash spaces have "GST". If someone referred to it as a meeting time, they may have meant Pacific Time.

:screams:
HELL NO
you missed all points completely
that is why i wanted the captain or vice who sent this announcement to explain themselves because from what i heard form other users was that they had no idea when this was supposed to happen so they never showed up

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/?gmode=mpmlist&guild_id=31391&created=1333088097

THAT ANNOUNCEMENT
all times are gaia standard time? what the hell does that really mean? like no wonder no one ever showed up to it, everyone was like me TOTALLY LOST AND CONFUSED like i was

AND.... the whole reason i posted that time zone thing up there was so that next time the people would have a better understanding of time zones so they could pic a time we could all be on at the same time like lets say next event will be held on PACIFIC TIME instead of GAIA TIME

AND WHILE I REALLY DO WANNA THANK YOU FOR LISTENING AND DOING YOUR BEST TO HELP, THAT WAS REALLY TRULY VERY NICE OF YOU
THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER OFF BEING ANSWERED BY THE CAPTAIN OR VICE OF THE GUILD

explaining what gaia savings time really is.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:50 pm
calm your ******** tits, dude  

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

drumnbass420

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:21 am
lmfao are you even for real  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:07 am
3S3-GANGSTA
Creamy Filling
3S3-GANGSTA
Creamy Filling

:screams:
HELL NO
you missed all points completely
that is why i wanted the captain or vice who sent this announcement to explain themselves because from what i heard form other users was that they had no idea when this was supposed to happen so they never showed up

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/?gmode=mpmlist&guild_id=31391&created=1333088097

THAT ANNOUNCEMENT
all times are gaia standard time? what the hell does that really mean? like no wonder no one ever showed up to it, everyone was like me TOTALLY LOST AND CONFUSED like i was

AND.... the whole reason i posted that time zone thing up there was so that next time the people would have a better understanding of time zones so they could pic a time we could all be on at the same time like lets say next event will be held on PACIFIC TIME instead of GAIA TIME

AND WHILE I REALLY DO WANNA THANK YOU FOR LISTENING AND DOING YOUR BEST TO HELP, THAT WAS REALLY TRULY VERY NICE OF YOU
THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER OFF BEING ANSWERED BY THE CAPTAIN OR VICE OF THE GUILD

explaining what gaia savings time really is.

look at the time you post your posts.
that is Gaia standard time.
learn to gaia plz

Also.
I would appreciate it if you didn't slander me across the guild, instead how about you pm me and ask me a question. it's the proper thing to do  

aliceloatheswonderland

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200

Day7

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:51 am
*raises hand*

I don't know what GST is either, my posts show Eastern Standard Time  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:34 pm
Day7
*raises hand*

maybe it's set that way in your preferences?  

Read All Over

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100

Day7

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:14 pm
Read All Over
Day7
*raises hand*

It is, so I know when stuff is actually posted  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:35 pm
Calm down, buddy. You might end up bursting a blood vessel at this rate.
GST likely refers to Pacific time, since it's where Gaia HQ is located and it's the default time zone for the time stamps on forum posts.
Either way, it's nothing worth ALL CAPS RAGING over.
It's just a mix-up over a time zone, nobody shot your dog or crushed your dreams to dust.  

Naladi

Tiny Lionheart

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:31 pm
I would like to point out that I didn't make it because I was at work. xd Nothing to do with not knowing the times.

That's why Alice is the one that runs these events. I just don't have the time to do them right now. I believe it was pretty expected that I wasn't going to show. lol  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:12 pm
Day7
Read All Over
Day7
*raises hand*

Subtract 3.

3pm eastern is 12pm pacific

6pm eastern is 3pm pacific

1pm eastern is 10am pacific  

Teh Savior
Crew

Shameless Sex Symbol

14,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100

Day7

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:41 pm
Teh Savior
Day7
Read All Over
Day7
*raises hand*

Subtract 3.

3pm eastern is 12pm pacific

6pm eastern is 3pm pacific

1pm eastern is 10am pacific

Yeah I know what EST and so-on are, but I don't know Gaia Standard Time lol  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers