Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply Memorable Threads (Now Open to Viewing)
Book 7 Rumors/Theories/Predictions Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:03 pm
That's right! We've snuck back from the Subforums carrying this heavy load of plagerism!

Share your thoughts on the final upcoming book!

Who's going to die? Who is R.A.B.? Where are the Horcruxes? Is Dumbledore alive? Will we see the return of Sirius Black? Tonks/Lupin--merely friends (maybe...hopefully...please)?

Also share any information you might happen upon regarding the book.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:56 pm
Well, as HBP was so disatisfying I'm trying not to get my hopes too high for this book. JKR is a good writer and I doubt she'll do anything stupid in the ending...
If she does, I'll get over it one day.

Peter will definately have some effect on the outcome because of the whole 'magically debt' thing.

Of course, I am hoping for her to write something no one will expect. Some ideas I have heard of are-

- Voldemort defeats Harry
- Ron somehow saves Harry and dies
- Dumbledore was actually evil and *insert perfectly good reason that no one actually saw coming(
- Fawkes eats Voldemort (Ok, I made this one up...)

Lunar_Blade

ulyseeees

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:22 pm
The other night, I sat down and speculated on some theories with my sister. The topic of 'R.A.B' came up, and for the life of me, I could not think of a single person who could match those specific initials. I had thought, 'Would JK really use a whole new character?'
I don't think so. idea
For something as important as this, I believe JK will use someone we know, although not too well. Adding a whole new charcter would hold a lot less meaning to readers, than having someone mentioned before, but never given much speculation. Someone well known would thrust the plot too far in a direction we did not expect, messing up our own character perspectives.
So, after considering all these theoretical prospects, there is one character I can think of that fits into these regulations:
Regulus Black, Sirius' brother.
Yes, it says that he 'died in the war', but it does not specify how he died. What if he was killed as a traitor? Would he have been able to get access to the Horcrux before hand? Or, on a more controversial note, did he truly die at all?
Think about it.
confused

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:30 pm
Regulus is the best suspect for R.A.B. so far.

-He's the only character with the first initial of R and last initial of B, also his grandfather (could be great, have to double check) had a name begining with A. It's very common for old families--such as the Black family, to reuse old names.
-When asked about it, Jo didn't really give any real answer and instead went "Oh that's a good guess" and continued on.
-In different translations of Harry Potter, all the names are usually kept the same, if any changes are made it's to the first names to the equivalent of the name in their native language. (Jorge = George basically) The only last name that was changed in most translations was "Black" to become the equivalent of the word black in that language. The initials were then changed accordingly. (Using Spanish again. R.A.B. = R.A.N.)

Also, it was said that he started to freak out once he really got into far and realized what was going on and was killed for trying to get out. Harry asks "So Voldemort killed him?" and Sirius states "Oh no, I doubt he was that important."

Which leads you to wonder why Jo made a point of mentioning that separately from the rest of the conversation. Sirius could've just as easily said "He freaked out and tried to get out, so he was killed by the Death Eaters" or something similiar.  

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200

HEEROFLUFFY

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:30 pm
they are all great theries.

i think somehow harry will end up on the brink of death and at the last moment, well i hve'nt really thought it out*alaps self in face*.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:24 pm
I really hope Sirius' going to come back in the end (there are a bunch of arguments on the black-veil and all myths about it state that you can't just GO THROUGH it, only things can come out!) I'm pretty sure that Dumbledore's dead though... unless he comes back as a good-guy ghost ^^. Or he's the exact opposite of Voldemorte-- you know how Voldemorte is so evil that he can't die? Then maybe Dumbledore is SO GOOD that he can't die either! (that's a really far-fetched theory though...)

I personally think R.A.B. is Regulus. Who else could it be? (unless JKR wants to throw out a totally new character, but that wouldn't be so great since the seventh book IS supposedly the last book)  

Okiyami

Aizen Sousuke_Ex 5th Cap.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:32 pm
While I'm game on the idea that R.A.B. is probably Regulus and I don't think an entirely new character would be added onto the story, (Not this late in the game anyway) I was thinking that maybe R.A.B. could be one of the old characters with different initials. Maybe someone that had changed their name in order to escape the war or something like that, but that's just a theory of mine.

I have a feeling that Dumbledore died for a reason, and that maybe Severus isn't all that bad after all. He did after all beg Severus to do something, but I'm pretty sure Dumbledore wouldn't beg for mercy, he's just not like that. Then again, people do crazy things when they're on the brink of death. I also think that Dumbledore was already going to die from whatever he drank in the cave.

I'll probably create more theories later when I speculate over the books a bit more.  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:31 pm
Omg I had a dream a couple nights ago, that I am regarding as a vision ninja Harry will realize how Draco waz being used and go save him from voldermort (in my dream he waz my principle, but that is irrelevant) and made love(rather graphicaly) Now, I know this might sound like a hott dream that is a result of reading slash for hours on end, but I am really really hoping J K rowling has finnaly gotten all the suggestions me and my friends have been trying to mentaly send her (mind control) and seen the error of her ways... now i have evidence, in HBP harry slashes Draco... This happens to be an active fantasy of ours...she obvousily got it and used (not in the way we wanted, but close) our amazing idea 3nodding  

Northern Nymph

Rainbeau Child

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:37 pm
I really hope RAB isn't Regulus. It's just so...obvious
My best friend and I stood in line and purchased the sixth book shortly after midnight. We then met at ten that morning, having both finished a couple hours previously to discuss of course, who the hell RAB is. And although we went through a couple crappy guesses during the brainstorming period (Rodolphus And Bellatrix, for example) we got Regulus in like...ten minutes.

But for further evidence, we know that:
1. Regulus was a death eater
2. Only death eaters call Voldemort "dark lord"
3. RAB addresses his note to the Dark Lord

4. There was a locket that nobody could open found while the crew was cleaning up 12 Grimmauld Place
5. The horcrux Harry and Dumbledore were searching for was a locket
6. Regulus used to reside at 12 Grimmauld Place.  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:48 am
And then they just got rid of the locket in a flurry of cleaning. Dang. They we be so mad when they finally realize it. Oh and I agree with RC's points. I think R.A.B. is Regulus, and I also think Snape only did what Dumbledore asked in killing him, all to save Draco. He did make an Unbreakable vow after all. And didn't Snape and Dumbledore meet and have an arguement in which Snape kept saying he wouldn't do something but eventually gave in?  

Ms.Tofu

omfghaxd

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:27 pm
harry will kill himself because his scar is the last horcrux and voldermort can be revived as harry potter or through harry potter  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:41 am
This is what I think:

1. RAB is obviously Regulus Black, and the missing Horcrux was the locket at Grimmauld Place
2. Ron and/or Harry will die.....there have been many clues leading up to this throughout the books
3. Dumbledore did something bad, probably accidentally, that led to the Potter's deaths. THAT was the horrible moment ("I didn't mean to....KILL ME!") he was reliving in the cave after drinking the potion. As has been pointed out, there's a lot of missing time between when the Potters were killed, and when Harry was picked up. What happened during that time?
4. Snape is on no one's side but his own. He wants to get rid of Voldemort, but not because he's a nice guy; he's got his own, ulterior motives that will be revealed.  

RJ Hazelwood

Viper_Hiss1116

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:42 am
I think that dumbledor isnt dead the person that died is just someone rom the order posing as dumbledore  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:51 pm
Well...I read something about Harry being Draco's cousin..and goes to live with the Malfoy's now that Lucius is out of the way...O.o  

SerratedSprinkles

5,900 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

RJ Hazelwood

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:45 pm
Devils_Pet
Well...I read something about Harry being Draco's cousin..and goes to live with the Malfoy's now that Lucius is out of the way...O.o

If you look at the Black family tree, it does indeed appear that Harry and Draco might be (distant) cousins. I doubt that means he'll end up living with them, though, since most of the family is either bad, in prison, or dead....not to mention he hates them, and they he.  
Memorable Threads (Now Open to Viewing)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff