Submit

Sparkling Anon

Sparkling Giver

18,600 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:42 am
Do not search please(google/bing/yhaoo and so on), I am wondering on the top of your head. What do you know about passover the Jewish Holiday? I will not take offense to your to your guesses, or if you know anything be it wrong or right. I am just really curious what you all know about it, I am 99% sure you all know a lot about eater as do I ><  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:04 am
Eh. I honestly don't know that much about anything when it comes to religion. I'm not that interested.

The only reason I know when certain ones are, is because they're so commercialized. Basically, the only time I care is when it makes sales at the store go up at my store.  

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Sparkling Anon

Sparkling Giver

18,600 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:06 am
Meromictic
Eh. I honestly don't know that much about anything when it comes to religion. I'm not that interested.

The only reason I know when certain ones are, is because they're so commercialized. Basically, the only time I care is when it makes sales at the store go up at my store.

yeah, that's mostly Christan stuff, like Christmas, Easter and so on ><

I am not that religious my self.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:20 am
User Image
I'll take a crack at it.

Passover commemorates the exodus of the Israelites out of Egypt, specifically the time where the angel of death passed over the homes of the Jews while killing off all the firstborns. Traditionally, each family would kill a sacrificial lamb and smear the blood on the doorway, then eat it as a meal with bitter herbs, while holding their staff in their hands. Modern Jews probably don't do things quite like that, but that's the general idea.

KaylaGalela

Professional Novice

Chixen

Sweet Witch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:21 am
Religion has never been a part of my life, so any info I'm given comes from friends. I know Passover is a jewish holiday and lasts for a few days, and there's something about food, but I can't seem to remember what else. I've probably been told about it before, but it's all slipped my mind.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:34 am
As an Atheist I know nothing about most religions festivities, though I would love to learn more about it.  

Kiaori Moon Warrior

Combative Gaian

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:17 pm
Kiaori Moon Warrior
As an Atheist I know nothing about most religions festivities, though I would love to learn more about it.

I think you might enjoy as a good read. Myself I'm not very religions.I eat pork even though as a Jew you shouldn't.

Though I think most people think passover= prince of egypt sweatdrop

though this crack me up-http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/268462/march-29-2010/passover-dinner-with-elijah

and this http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/410087/march-06-2012/jonathan-safran-foer  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:17 pm
Kiaori Moon Warrior

I flip flop all the time, I tend to stick to saying I am Jewish yes but none religois and more lightly spiritual.

@KaylaGalela heart

@Chixen I know only the basics of Christan holidays, and just about nothing about others. I feel bad about that.  

Sparkling Anon

Sparkling Giver

18,600 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Tipsy 100

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:48 pm
I'm Gnostic and my one Jewish friend doesn't observe. I can tell you all about jewish delis, tho. emotion_kirakira

About gnosticism, it's very interesting.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:53 pm
Nothing.
i'm fine with that.
i respect people and what they believe but, i'm not interested on listening to lectures on it.  

aliceloatheswonderland

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:21 pm
You leave a chair for Ezekial (right?)--and you basically read/tell the story of exodus to eachother over a traditional dinner. There's yummy wine.

That's... pretty much all I know.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:26 pm
Yeata Zi
You leave a chair for Ezekial (right?)--and you basically read/tell the story of exodus to eachother over a traditional dinner. There's yummy wine.

And unleavened bread!
....I made it once. But that was when my family was weirdly traditional and mixed in parts of Passover on Holy Thursday (Last Supper) y'know, to get the full on religious effect gonk

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:29 pm
Slick Southpaw
Yeata Zi

And unleavened bread!
....I made it once. But that was when my family was weirdly traditional and mixed in parts of Passover on Holy Thursday (Last Supper) y'know, to get the full on religious effect gonk

Yummmmy. I've always wanted to go to a passover dinner thing, but I don't have any good Jewish/holy Thursday celebrating folks who are hardcore about it.

Maybe one day.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:33 pm
Yeata Zi
Slick Southpaw
Yeata Zi

And unleavened bread!

Yummmmy. I've always wanted to go to a passover dinner thing, but I don't have any good Jewish/holy Thursday celebrating folks who are hardcore about it.

Maybe one day.
idk, maybe it was the cooking, but unleavened Matzah bread isn't really that tasty.

Also, matzah bread rap video is now finally relevant.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:54 pm
Slick Southpaw
Yeata Zi
Slick Southpaw
Yeata Zi

And unleavened bread!

Maybe one day.
idk, maybe it was the cooking, but unleavened Matzah bread isn't really that tasty.

Also, matzah bread rap video is now finally relevant.

you need to have something on it to have it taste good. I put butter smile .
If you ever go to a Seder I would eat a bit before you go.Seder's can take a while before you eat. matzah balls soup is good. I would give that a try.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff