Noooo Rihanna why [M] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hornworts

Rare

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:05 am
According to this article, Rihanna and Chris Brown have made two new collaborations together and are apparently hooking up again, after Rihanna was subject to domestic violence from Brown.

Sincerely I'm very surprised. After all the drama going back to him is not only a bad idea but sets a terrible example for young women today.

If you need a reminder oh what Brown did to Rihanna, here is this image [Violence/gore, victim of abuse]:

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/rihanna-beating.jpg

I'll edit if it's too big. EDIT: HOLY s**t IMAGE TOO LARGE just put in the url

Discuss:

-Your reaction
-These collaborations  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:45 am
foolish woman. There is nothing that would persuade me to ever get back with my ex that even mildly abused me, how she's managed to get herself back in that situation is astounding.

That said, in terms of music, we have no idea what kinds of pressures are being put on them to work together, or who by, or even how much contact such a collaboration would actually entail.  

Bohemian_Scara

Melodious Lunatic

7,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Sairalinde Telemnar

Star Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Medalist 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:53 am
Ugh. I'm not that surprised - but I think it's such a shame because it's definitely going to set a really bad example sad  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:54 am
oh no rihanna baby ):

i hope this is just tabloid nonsense and that this isnt really happening. have you read the actual police report of the abuse? it's ******** terrifying.

unfortunately, we live in a society that apologizes for domestic abuse. all of these chris brown fans who support him and are convinced that he changed, that he "served his time" after he only gave a half hearted apology and DIDNT serve jail time. not taking into account he still has issues with extreme violence and anger. all of these fans saying that "chris brown can beat me any day"

its sad, that the media is painting chris brown to be the victim in all of this. it's sad that the media, and other outlets dont encourage more women to come foreward with cases of abuse. instead we get abuse apologists, people who say "well the woman must have done something to deserve it" NO ONE deserves it ): no one at all, regardles if they did anything or not.

also ******** the grammy's. ******** the grammy's for making it seem like chris brown was making some big comeback. absolutely disgusting.

edit: black tea you might wanna put a trigger warning in the thread title and on the image of rihanna. i know you put a mature tag, but just to be safe you dont want to trigger anyone here who is an abuse survivor, god forbid. sad  

drumnbass420

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

drumnbass420

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:56 am
Bohemian_Scara
foolish woman. There is nothing that would persuade me to ever get back with my ex that even mildly abused me, how she's managed to get herself back in that situation is astounding.

That said, in terms of music, we have no idea what kinds of pressures are being put on them to work together, or who by, or even how much contact such a collaboration would actually entail.

that's even sadder though, that knowing their history together people would force them to work together in a collaborative effort. more disgusting than sad, but you know what im getting at.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:02 am
To be honest I think they made up the whole thing up. It help her get notice.

If she was really abuse I'm not shock either she went back to him. Lots of abuse women do the same thing.  

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

I Found A Sexy 1

Chatty Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:41 am
This is sick. I hope this getting back together is a fake to drum up magazine sales! They ought to just throw Chris Brown out and go find some new talent with less of a scumbag attitude.

On a related note, I read a feminist opinion thingy on tumblr the other day about how we are teaching our little girls to be ok with abusive relationships by telling them that when boys pick on them, it means that "they like you". My teachers used to tell me that all the time when I was in elementary. I knew it was bullshit though. It teaches little girls that abuse is a sign of affection and little boys that it's ok to be a total a*****e.

I wish society would wake up and smell the danger.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:04 pm
I Found A Sexy 1
This is sick. I hope this getting back together is a fake to drum up magazine sales! They ought to just throw Chris Brown out and go find some new talent with less of a scumbag attitude.

On a related note, I read a feminist opinion thingy on tumblr the other day about how we are teaching our little girls to be ok with abusive relationships by telling them that when boys pick on them, it means that "they like you". My teachers used to tell me that all the time when I was in elementary. I knew it was bullshit though. It teaches little girls that abuse is a sign of affection and little boys that it's ok to be a total a*****e.

aaaactually there's some truth to that statement

a boy may like you but doesn't know how to respond to those feelings/doesn't want to be friends with a girl

so instead they're just mean

it's kind of a tsundere situation

but then there are actual sociopaths so  

hornworts

Rare

I Found A Sexy 1

Chatty Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:24 pm
Sir Black Tea
I Found A Sexy 1

aaaactually there's some truth to that statement

a boy may like you but doesn't know how to respond to those feelings/doesn't want to be friends with a girl

so instead they're just mean

it's kind of a tsundere situation

but then there are actual sociopaths so

If a little boy honestly likes a little girl, but is mean to her because he doesn't know how to react, I still don't think a teacher should ignore it. The teacher should still reprimand the little boy so he knows it's wrong to react in such a violent/abusive way.

It depends on the situation, a good teacher would be able to tell if it's just confusion or if the boy may have emotional disturbance.

LOL Why am I on gaia chatting about education when I don't want to do my education homework for today?? xd
*goes back to writing classroom observation journals* emo  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:09 am
Maybe the sex is worth getting the s**t beat out of you?  

Tidus Guado

Fearsome Lunatic

20,100 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • Hellraiser 500

Day7

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:55 am
While I hope this is tabloid nonsense, I wouldn't be surprised..

In response to the statement earlier:
I agree that it's bullshit that we teach girls that assholes are being assholes because they like you. That's garbage I'd make sure my daughter DIDN'T believe.

Back on topic, it upsets me that she would go back with him, he's not just going to suddenly become peaceful and non-abusive just because. neutral

Tidus Guado
Maybe the sex is worth getting the s**t beat out of you?

Well if that's the case she needs to sort her priorities out. Sex shouldn't take precedence over that kind of stuff  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:56 am
MrsrachaelSnape
To be honest I think they made up the whole thing up. It help her get notice.

If she was really abuse I'm not shock either she went back to him. Lots of abuse women do the same thing.

Dude. Really?  

kimono girl snotty

Kawaii Noob

11,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Mark Twain 100

Ven Loraine

Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:09 am

Psssh, can't feel sorry for a woman who does that, really.

How stupid can you be?

Also: I doubt anyone could force Rihanna to work together with this guy.
I mean... isn't she one of the most popular/successful musicians in the last few years?
I HIGHLY doubt she would be pressured into doing that if she didn't get something out of it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:09 am
Never believe anything the media says about celebrities unless it is straight from that person's people.
Or them directly.

i don't think there is anything wrong with them making music together. It'd actually be pretty cool.
i love riri.  

aliceloatheswonderland

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200

Bendita Ashwalker

Smitten Kitten

18,475 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:04 am
I heard about that, I think the whole thing was a bad idea and sends a horrid message to young women.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff