Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
steven harper likes to piss on hopes and dreams Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

koirat

Shirtless Dog

15,025 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:26 pm
Thousands of LGBT couples across the world awoke this morning to learn that they are no longer married.
A Department of Justice lawyer under Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s Conservative Party of Canada government has nullified all same-sex marriages performed in Canada in which the couples’ native country does not permit gays and lesbians to marry.

is this even real life anymore  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:31 pm
OH FOR ******** SAKE ರ_ರ

I've kind of resigned myself to the fact that I'm never going to get married and/or have a family at this rate.

Uncle Haijin

Rainbow Trafficker

koirat

Shirtless Dog

15,025 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:32 pm
Uncle Haijin
OH FOR ******** SAKE ರ_ರ

I've kind of resigned myself to the fact that I'm never going to get married and/or have a family at this rate.

as the reuter's article points out, this makes huge problems for people who thought they were married for 9 years, now have had and/or adopted kids, and wanna get divorced. THERE ARE NO CUSTODY SETTLEMENTS /YOU WEREN'T MARRIED/.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:33 pm
I think that was wrong, if being gay is a choice, so is being straight.

When did he choose to be straight?

Just once before I die, I want to legally marry someone I love. *when I find them*  

Jayce Reinhardt

Divine Muse

koirat

Shirtless Dog

15,025 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:37 pm
Jayce Reinhardt

Just once before I die, I want to legally marry someone I love. *when I find them*

he and mitt romney should go have tea together
in a black hole

man it's just like even if i never get married it'd be nice to know i could.......  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:40 pm
bedsick
Jayce Reinhardt

he and mitt romney should go have tea together
in a black hole

man it's just like even if i never get married it'd be nice to know i could.......

Exactly, being able to enjoy the same rights afford to a straight person doesn't mean I am flaunting my homo. I just want to be like everyone else gets to be.

Happy with a family.  

Jayce Reinhardt

Divine Muse

kimono girl snotty

Kawaii Noob

11,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:55 pm
scream  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:55 pm
Wait, I found an article that says the marriages are not in danger, so that's good. Still, this sort of thing has already happened in the States. Would be kind of nice to have my future not used as a bargaining chip in politics for once. Between the ******** that is trans laws and the ******** that is gay marriage laws, I feel like I have a good chance of getting screwed over no matter who I marry.  

Uncle Haijin

Rainbow Trafficker

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:59 pm
SO. ********. UP  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:05 pm
Uncle Haijin
Wait, I found an article that says the marriages are not in danger, so that's good. Still, this sort of thing has already happened in the States. Would be kind of nice to have my future not used as a bargaining chip in politics for once. Between the ******** that is trans laws and the ******** that is gay marriage laws, I feel like I have a good chance of getting screwed over no matter who I marry.

ok sweet

but yeah sigh
sometimes i just dont even have the energy to be mad over it anymore
im like welp
saw that comin
again  

koirat

Shirtless Dog

15,025 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Ridley Starsmore

Angelic Nitemare

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:07 pm
Man, that is some bullshit.

I say let the gay couples suffer through marriage like the rest of us! scream  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:08 pm
Ridley Starsmore

yeah come on i just want my fair chance to be on my 9th divorce by age 45 like everyone else  

koirat

Shirtless Dog

15,025 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Ridley Starsmore

Angelic Nitemare

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:52 pm
bedsick
Ridley Starsmore

yeah come on i just want my fair chance to be on my 9th divorce by age 45 like everyone else
You laugh, but other than Liri's grandparents, every other member of our families that has been married, has gotten divorced, except us. AND we have one of the longer ones. rofl

I find it funny, cause her mom called me the 'flavor of the week' when we met.

She's been married twice, and wants to shank her current hubby. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:05 pm
I don't get why people throw an angry s**t fit over gay marriage. JUST LET PEOPLE GET MARRIED. THIS ISN'T THAT HARD.

There should really be some kind of addition to gay marriage rights that states once it's passed, it can't be revoked.

Imagine if we suddenly decided that interracial couples could no longer marry. Maybe we need to present the issue like that to lawmakers. 'So you know there was a time when interracial couples couldn't marry. Should we just revoke that as well? Oh, you think revoking that's wrong and disgusting? How about that!'  

Hello Marletto

Qyp

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:24 am
Seems logical, but illogical at the same time...

Logical that you can't bypass a law in American, but going to another country that doesn't have that law, except for some cases like drinking alcohol if you are over 18 and under 21 in Canada and you are actually born in America...

Illogical that you can't get married in another country, and it doesn't hold where you were born, even if it is illegal there. Yah know what they should do, brake up marriages if you are not a born citizen. Meaning, you can't marry into a country.

They might as well do that, it seems.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces