ROMVLVS
Crew

Elocutionist

9,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:03 am
Does anyone here drink craft beer at all?

I know most GCDers are older, so I figured that some of them might enjoy good beer.

Personally I like things like IPAs and most ales, but am not too fond of stouts, though I like to taste them.

So do you like good beer? If so, what kind? And what have you bought anything good recently?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:08 am
Beer sucks

ommmggg the worst beer i ever had tasted like rubber bands yuccckkkkkkkk. for some reason i think the only reason the people around me were drinking it were to show how tolerant they were. >.> self-torture much? it's like an untold dare to drink shitty tasting beer.

the only other beer i'll drink is a corona but even that still suckssss

coolers are where it's at cool

*h8er*

better yet good ol' sugary soda biggrin  

Voat

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

ROMVLVS
Crew

Elocutionist

9,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:28 am
Existential Existence
Beer sucks

ommmggg the worst beer i ever had tasted like rubber bands yuccckkkkkkkk. for some reason i think the only reason the people around me were drinking it were to show how tolerant they were. >.> self-torture much? it's like an untold dare to drink shitty tasting beer.

*h8er*

No, no, no. I said GOOD beer.

See, there's Pilsner, which is the piss they make for the average consumer. This is your miller light, corona, buddweiser.

Then there are:

Stouts
Ales
Pale Ales
India Pale Ales
Weiss
Lagers

There are a bunch of other kinds, too.

See, stouts (think Guinness, but Guinness doesn't compare to a higher end stout) are a very dark, filling beer that's usually mixed with flavorings like chocolate, coffee, and woods. Sometimes you can get barrel aged stouts, where they buy whiskey or bourbon casks and then age stouts in them for usually about a year. These are the best, and are usually very expensive. Stouts alcohol content is usually above 10%.

Ales are usually more fruity, getting most of their flavor from the hops. Usually they get mixed with more fruity flavorings. Pale ales and IPAs are just a much more bitter version of ales, because of how they treat the hops, IPAs being very hoppy. Ales themselves are usually not bitter. They can range anywhere from 4-10%, ales being on the low end with IPAs around 7-10%.

Weiss are very light beers with a fruity taste. They're what you should try. They usually have a low alcohol content, usually around 3-5%  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:34 am
ROMVLVS
Existential Existence
Beer sucks

*h8er*

See, there's Pilsner, which is the piss they make for the average consumer. This is your miller light, corona, buddweiser.

Then there are:

Stouts
Ales
Pale Ales
India Pale Ales
Weiss
Lagers

See, stouts (think Guinness, but Guinness doesn't compare to a higher end stout) are a very dark, filling beer that's usually mixed with flavorings like chocolate, coffee, and woods. Sometimes you can get barrel aged stouts, where they buy whiskey or bourbon casks and then age stouts in them for usually about a year. These are the best, and are usually very expensive. Stouts alcohol content is usually above 10%.

Ales are usually more fruity, getting most of their flavor from the hops. Usually they get mixed with more fruity flavorings. Pale ales and IPAs are just a much more bitter version of ales, because of how they treat the hops, IPAs being very hoppy. Ales themselves are usually not bitter. They can range anywhere from 4-10%, ales being on the low end with IPAs around 7-10%.

Weiss are very light beers with a fruity taste. They're what you should try. They usually have a low alcohol content, usually around 3-5%

okay. i will remember this next time i check out alcohol.

i guess my few experiences with beer turned me off from it....especially that rubber band one....

drinks that taste like chocolate though oh boy i'm all for trying that out!  

Voat

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

ROMVLVS
Crew

Elocutionist

9,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:51 am
Existential Existence
ROMVLVS
Existential Existence
Beer sucks

*h8er*

Then there are:

Stouts
Ales
Pale Ales
India Pale Ales
Weiss
Lagers

i guess my few experiences with beer turned me off from it....especially that rubber band one....

Well, it has chocolate as a flavoring, but it tastes mostly like stout, which is very very thick and strong.

If you want like, chocolate that gets you drunk, Godiva makes a liquer.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:03 am
There's a restaurant around here called pies and pints. It serves yummy beer with yummy pizza. I had some chocolate stout last time and it was pretty tasty. WHich surprised me because when I think of stouts, I think of really dark, strong beer. This was those things, but some how it was different. (No, it didn't taste like chocolate).

Have yu ever had hobgoblin? It's really tasty. It's called Ruby Ale. But, my god, it's nummy.

I've been spoiled by fancy beer--so I'm either going to dri nk good beer or none at all. Because you just can't drinky a natty after tasting hobgoblin. It's just impossible.  

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

Voat

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:05 am
ROMVLVS
Existential Existence
ROMVLVS
Existential Existence
Beer sucks

*h8er*

Then there are:

Stouts
Ales
Pale Ales
India Pale Ales
Weiss
Lagers

Well, it has chocolate as a flavoring, but it tastes mostly like stout, which is very very thick and strong.

omggg Godiva i haven't seen a godiva store since san francisco crying

i assume they sell godiva liquor in regular liquor stores? i'll keep my eyes peeled open though.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:10 am
Yeata Zi
There's a restaurant around here called pies and pints. It serves yummy beer with yummy pizza. I had some chocolate stout last time and it was pretty tasty. WHich surprised me because when I think of stouts, I think of really dark, strong beer. This was those things, but some how it was different. (No, it didn't taste like chocolate).

Have yu ever had hobgoblin? It's really tasty. It's called Ruby Ale. But, my god, it's nummy.

I've been spoiled by fancy beer--so I'm either going to dri nk good beer or none at all. Because you just can't drinky a natty after tasting hobgoblin. It's just impossible.

No, I haven't had it, but it might not be around me. Because of how small a lot of the breweries are they can't ship to everywhere in the country, with exceptions like Lagunitas and Stone breweries.  

ROMVLVS
Crew

Elocutionist

9,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gaian 50

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:14 am
ROMVLVS
Yeata Zi

No, I haven't had it, but it might not be around me. Because of how small a lot of the breweries are they can't ship to everywhere in the country, with exceptions like Lagunitas and Stone breweries.
Hobgblin is from Wychwood breweries in England. They got a bunch of tasty booze.
Lots of wineries near me, but not a lot of beer.

There's a Mountain State Brewing Co, but I've never had any of their beers so I can't tell you if they're good or not. It's kinda far away from me anyways.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:15 am
Existential Existence
ROMVLVS
Existential Existence
ROMVLVS
Existential Existence
Beer sucks

*h8er*

Then there are:

Stouts
Ales
Pale Ales
India Pale Ales
Weiss
Lagers

omggg Godiva i haven't seen a godiva store since san francisco crying

i assume they sell godiva liquor in regular liquor stores? i'll keep my eyes peeled open though.
GODIVA LIQUER IS SO RUDDY GOOD! OH MY GAWD. SO TASTY!  

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:23 am
ugh i don't drink beer.

When I do, I get like halfway down and then it starts tasting like epic piles of s**t.

Although my friend who hates beer swears by pale ale. So I guess I should try some sometime.

There's an independently owned ice cream shop like 10 min walk from where I live that has an AMAZING guinness extra stout icecream flavour.

break out the kahlua and vodka and i'm all over that s**t cool  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:38 am
I wish, but I live in Budweiser land, so most beer here is piss. D:

I am getting a microbrewery close to my house though, so that could change. I've tried Schlafly's pumpkin ale (is that well known outside of the St. Louis area?) and it was okay, but most beer, ale, and lager has this really strong taste that reminds me of burnt pumpkin or wheat that I haven't been able to get over yet. I guess it's like olives; you have to really force yourself to get a taste for 'em. I do like this, but it's so fruity that it practically doesn't count as beer. XP

I much prefer White Russians and gin martinis and the occasionally hard cider.

Uncle Haijin

Rainbow Trafficker

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:48 am
Uncle Haijin

OHH BABYYYYY emotion_dowant

I could drink that s**t forever.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:50 am
Uncle Haijin
I wish, but I live in Budweiser land, so most beer here is piss. D:

I am getting a microbrewery close to my house though, so that could change. I've tried Schlafly's pumpkin ale (is that well known outside of the St. Louis area?) and it was okay, but most beer, ale, and lager has this really strong taste that reminds me of burnt pumpkin or wheat that I haven't been able to get over yet. I guess it's like olives; you have to really force yourself to get a taste for 'em. I do like this, but it's so fruity that it practically doesn't count as beer. XP

Well, I live in the Chicago suburbs, so you being really close by means that a lot of the breweries near me probably sell near you. Look for things by Two Brothers, Three Floyds, or Goose Island. Of those I prefer Two Brothers.

You have to look in like, higher end liquor stores. If you have a Binnys, they usually have very good selections.  

ROMVLVS
Crew

Elocutionist

9,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gaian 50

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:56 am
the only s**t i've ever tried was pabst blue ribbon

I go to an art school leave me alone emo

I much prefer dark, red wines, and sweet blush dessert wines. * u* Vodka is also p. nice.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff