Welcome to Gaia! ::

All Writers United

Back to Guilds

A place for any and all writers to share their brilliance. 

Tags: writing, literature, fantasy, horror, roleplay 

Reply Library
Guild Expansion Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

His Majesty Satan
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:29 pm
I am expanding our guild into a guild for writing as well as role playing. I'm going to need your help on this. I definitely want a Naruto World Based Roleplaying Forum, that's for sure, but I want your ideas. And if your ideas are appreciated enough in the guild, I'll create a sister guild for it and deem you vice captain, or you could just make one yourself, whichever you want. But first, I need some role players! Anybody have any ideas?

Also, I'm going to have someone run each role playing sub forum. They automatically become a Crew Member with access to the soon to be created Librarian's Desk, a crew only lounge sub forum.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:38 am
Well, for the Roleplays..
First, we'll need to decide what type of roleplay to do first, seeing as this is a guild for writers, I'm assuming some of you are a bit queasy about the idea.

Second, we need to do only one roleplay for now.

Third, we also need to decide what universe we're doing. For example, Anime Based, Book Based, or made up by us.

Also, we need to create an Original Character (OC) thread so we could start.

It'll also be easier if we have an idea where the story goes as a whole.

Well-VerSed

Dangerous Businessman

5,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Gnomes-san
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:55 am
I agree with most points, however:
I think we would be able to support as many roleplays as members are interested in, however many that may be. Having one practice one may be a good idea, but there may be members who just want to jump right in.

Also, yes, it would be easier for us to have an idea where each role-play would end up, but isn't the surprise of where it may end up most of the fun?

Just my two cents.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:00 pm
x_Necr0_x
I am expanding our guild into a guild for writing as well as role playing. I'm going to need your help on this. I definitely want a Naruto World Based Roleplaying Forum, that's for sure, but I want your ideas. And if your ideas are appreciated enough in the guild, I'll create a sister guild for it and deem you vice captain, or you could just make one yourself, whichever you want. But first, I need some role players! Anybody have any ideas?

Also, I'm going to have someone run each role playing sub forum. They automatically become a Crew Member with access to the soon to be created Librarian's Desk, a crew only lounge sub forum.

I support the idea for a Naruto RP Forum =3

Since I'm online so much I'm willing to RP (although I'd have to create a new OC since mine is a demon and her presence demon-mods everything XDDD)

I could set up an RP called the "Demonic Dreaming Dimension" or 3D; it would have piles of locations based on various dreams I've had (such as a massive library, boot camp/warehouse/factory, underground cafe, numerous graveyards, a village built on a massive mountain, a series of caves...etc. Hehehe ^_^ I have a lot of vivid, eerie dreams.

PM if interested and for the details on the locations =3 I could make a guild for this on my own, too.  

Mors Morza

Hallowed Foe

11,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200

Bara the Mercenary

Lonely Genius

7,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:40 pm
I'm sorry, but I was originally looking for a writing guild without the role play element. Role play guilds are far too common, and any writing guilds also incorporate Role play too much. If there should be an "Ultimate Role Play" guild done by you, fine, but honestly, if you make categories for things so shallow as separate RPs...I'm sorry, but I'm out.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:30 pm
Thank you for all of the support, and sorry, Bara. I believe that to have a good guild you must support the interests of both the crew and the members, and as of now, I see roleplaying as not just roleplaying. I think it has a purpose that can be used in writing. Roleplays are done in small excerpts of writing that express actions. This could help writers create actions in their own pieces of writing, and maybe even increase their vocabulary. And on the topic of that to base the roleplays on, I think that we need a Naruto one, but one idea I find interesting is the land of Alagaesia, from the Inheritance series, and maybe even a Bleach based anime roleplay to go alongside the Naruto roleplay. I want roleplayers for inspiration purposes, so we need as many topics as we can get.  

His Majesty Satan
Captain

ThatGirlWhoWrites

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:41 am
Will roleplaying be required? I dearly love to write, and, that being the case, have attempted role-playing, but I can't keep interest in it like I can when writing on my own.

I hope you can get the roleplay up and running for those who are interested. I'll be active in other areas of the guild, but I would prefer not to participate in the roleplaying, if that is alright.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:44 am
Oh, no, participation is entirely voluntary.  

Gnomes-san
Vice Captain

Night Kunoichi

Wheezing Wyvern

10,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:10 pm
Gnomes-san
I agree with most points, however:
I think we would be able to support as many roleplays as members are interested in, however many that may be. Having one practice one may be a good idea, but there may be members who just want to jump right in.

Also, yes, it would be easier for us to have an idea where each role-play would end up, but isn't the surprise of where it may end up most of the fun?

Just my two cents.

Agreed. I know I would be in for roleplaying. I find that it is an excellent way to practice with your writing and developing characters. However in regards to instead of working out a specific ending, make it more of a goal. A concrete ending can take away the thrill of roleplaying but I have found that if i don't have a decent plot line to work with and an ultimate goal, I loose interest. But it varies from person to person. And I'm all for a Naruto rp! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:04 am
It's sounds fun to me! I agree with all the points and really I don't have much to say except to add on to the OC thread, you might also want to create a thread for the actual characters in the plotline of the story or anime you want to use.  

tying15

Dedicated Sage

GhostlyMark

Invisible Humorist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:48 am
But why naruto? I mean i like the anime and everything but its basically a worn out tissue  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:15 am
I have a question. Why isn't there a subforum for mistery stories because I have writen one and I don't have a proper place to post it.  

Lord Kraska

6,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Munashii the Unseen
Crew

Informer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:40 pm
Lord Kraska
I have a question. Why isn't there a subforum for mistery stories because I have writen one and I don't have a proper place to post it.

The thing is, Lord Kraska, that there are a lot of different genres of writing so it may be difficult for Elder Astrauld to get all of sorted out.

Now that we seem to be on the topic of other sub forums... just a plain general fiction subforum would be nice. I have a story that I've written up which doesn't quite fit under historical fiction and is definitely not fan fiction. There's my two cents. <3  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:12 am
Sagittariis Munashii
Lord Kraska

The thing is, Lord Kraska, that there are a lot of different genres of writing so it may be difficult for Elder Astrauld to get all of sorted out.

Now that we seem to be on the topic of other sub forums... just a plain general fiction subforum would be nice. I have a story that I've written up which doesn't quite fit under historical fiction and is definitely not fan fiction. There's my two cents. <3

I totally agree that there should be made some changes. I'm an order freak and that being said I don't really like how all those genres are all mixed. I think two subforums one for fictionary and one for non fictionary to contain all the genres that come with them would be better. Maybe even one for poetry.  

Lord Kraska

6,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:18 am
Could we perhaps put in a subforum for NaNoWriMo? Or maybe one for members of goodreads? I think both are important for writers 3nodding  
Library

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff