Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ven Loraine

Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:33 am

Sooo... I am not a BIG fan of anime but I bet many of you are. emotion_awesome

Since 2005 I basically watched: Get Backers, Death Note and Tiger & Bunny.
(OMFGILOVETIGERANDBUNNYSOMUCHARGHLLLLLLNNNG)

Are there any good ones I should watch?

What are your favourites?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:47 am
Oh man it's been so long since I've watched anime. @_@

I think the last actual series I watched was Death Note. It was pretty good, I had a lot of friends I could talk to about it. Other anime series I enjoyed were Wolf's Rain, .hack//Sign, Code Geass, s-CRY-ed (I think that's how you spell it), and Eureka 7. I also watched Inuyasha, Yu Yu Hakusho, One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, and FLCL, but everybody knows about those ones. xd And the only one of those I saw the end of was FLCL. I think. It seemed final to me.

...oh, and I also watched that terrible .hack//Legend of the Twilight anime that aired on Cartoon Network at some point. Don't watch it...just don't. >.< It's dumb, they played up incest for some god forsaken reason, and the ending didn't even seem like an ending. It looked like the story was about to get interesting for a change. x_x The manga was better. No incest for one thing. The ending was actually an ending too, which is always a plus.  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Ven Loraine

Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:49 am
Sara Hysaro

... incest? D: What?

Like... Luke and Leia "love story" or ******** up?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:09 am
Okay, in the anime (not the manga) Shugo and Rena are a pair of siblings whose parents are divorced. So they probably don't get to see each other very often. Rena decided to enter in a contest to win a pair of characters modeled after a couple of famous players who are no longer a part of the game (...it makes sense at the end of the manga. >>). She wins and chooses to use the Black Rose character model.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Only chibi.

She gives her brother the Kite character model (again, chibi version).

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Now, BlackRose and Kite were implied to have feelings for one another. Not heavily, but it was there to some extent. So the makers of this show apparently thought it would be cute to hint at a pairing between Shugo and Rena. neutral

It doesn't have actual incest in it. I mean, Shugo doesn't find his real sister attractive (we hope), just the character model she's using in the game. Still though, it's just creepy and wrong in my eyes. And the ending that they chose seems to imply that they sacrificed themselves in the game to set everything right. So in addition to be e-crushes they decided to kill themselves to fix a game and possibly save a bunch of people. I prefer the manga ending.  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Ven Loraine

Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:18 am

Oh, I know THAT anime. rofl

It never bothered me... D:
I mean, they're just supposed to be character models in a video game. Idk, I would express my liking for my brother's video game character if he was "hot" in the game. rofl

That's still less "incest" than Leia kissing Luke in Star Wars emotion_awesome So all good.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:23 am
I'm not huge on anime, although I have watched a couple all the way through.

I'm not sure what kinds you like, but I recently sobbed myself into a puddle after watching a cute one called Clannad.

Menlusa

Sparkly Conversationalist

Ven Loraine

Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:26 am

"Cute" doesn't really sound like the kind of anime I'd enjoy. XD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:34 am
Yeah, but they seemed to connect that way on an emotional level to me. I dunno, I just found the whole thing somewhat unsettling. Though I'm practically an only child (my sister is 7 and I'm 22), so maybe I never really had a full understanding of how siblings tend to act in these sorts of situations.

And I will give you that. It's less incest than Luke and Leia. xd I still prefer the manga version though. There was no subtext in that one. I think Shugo got awkward once and Rena told him to get over it or something to that effect. I dunno, I haven't read it in a while. In any case, the anime isn't canon while the manga is. So my personal dislike of the anime doesn't matter! 8D

.hack//Sign was pretty good though. It's what got me into the whole .hack// thing. ^^ Very introspective though, not much action.  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Ven Loraine

Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:36 am

I got lost with all of those .hack series anyway.

I played .hack//Infection and read the .hack manga you are talking about.
I also have one of the anime series on DVD but I forgot the name, I THINK it was the one you mentioned. With Tsukasa?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:41 am
AHAH
When I read one of your anime's was Tiger and Bunny I thought that was a cute genre D:

Looked it up on wikipedia and realized just how wroooonnnggg I was
I should have remembered it since Ian's costume, d'oh!

Menlusa

Sparkly Conversationalist

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:42 am
Yep, that's Sign. ^^ I want to get the box sets for that anime. I've got Roots though. And all the games. A couple of the novels too. There's a lot to keep up with, I don't blame anyone for getting lost. Heck, I'm way out of date with my information. xd

If I had to recommend two from my list I'd probably pick s-CRY-ed and Code Geass. Maybe Eureka 7, but that one got kinda weird towards the end. I can't even remember what the ending was, I just remember that it was weird.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:58 am
Sara Hysaro
Yep, that's Sign. ^^ I want to get the box sets for that anime. I've got Roots though. And all the games. A couple of the novels too. There's a lot to keep up with, I don't blame anyone for getting lost. Heck, I'm way out of date with my information. xd

If I had to recommend two from my list I'd probably pick s-CRY-ed and Code Geass. Maybe Eureka 7, but that one got kinda weird towards the end. I can't even remember what the ending was, I just remember that it was weird.

Code Geass doesn't look too bad. 3nodding I may have to watch that.

Ven Loraine

Explorer

Ven Loraine

Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:59 am
Menlusa
AHAH
When I read one of your anime's was Tiger and Bunny I thought that was a cute genre D:

Looked it up on wikipedia and realized just how wroooonnnggg I was
I should have remembered it since Ian's costume, d'oh!

rofl Yeah, it's an action comedy sci-fi drama shounen anime. XP

Everything but cute.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:08 am
Ven Loraine
Sara Hysaro

I'm sure you'll enjoy it. 3nodding Lots of political stuff, a pretty nice amount of action, special powers, and while I haven't watched the entire thing the second season starts off with a strange twist (at least, I think it was the second season...you'll know it when you see it! xd ). I'll have to catch back up with it at some point.  

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

Ven Loraine

Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:10 am
Sara Hysaro
Ven Loraine
Sara Hysaro

I'm sure you'll enjoy it. 3nodding Lots of political stuff, a pretty nice amount of action, special powers, and while I haven't watched the entire thing the second season starts off with a strange twist (at least, I think it was the second season...you'll know it when you see it! xd ). I'll have to catch back up with it at some point.

I already found a site where I can watch it.

Maybe I will get to it after work this week. 3nodding

Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces