Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Contest
Secret Santa Event of 2011 (prizes results) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Magezian

Tipsy Raider

8,000 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:31 am
User Image
Year of 2011

merryWelcome to the 2011 Cherub and Friends' Secret Santa event! As this event was successful in the previous Secret Santa, we will host the event again! For those who are new to this, this Secret Santa is for members of this Art Guild who are randomly assigned a person to whom they anonymously draw upon their request which will be delivered to the recipient on December 24th, 2011. Anybody can join (as long as they are a member of the guild)! Remember to read the following rules that apply in this event.

The Secret Santa will now begin!!!

Please use the form below for requesting:

A S K . S A N T A - request form
[strike][size=11][b][u][color=#004a0e]Wish List:[/color][/u][/b]
[b]What I want drawn:[/b] (Avatar, OC)
[b]Reference image[s]:[/b] (Please insert a link here)
[b]Any special requests:[/b] (what you want to add; be reasonable)[/size][/strike]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:32 am
User Image

xmas.G E N E R A L - R U L E S

Be respectful at all times. You get the drill. Follow the ToS and our Guild's rules. This event is not a place for begging, drama, whining, flaming, guilt-tripping, attention-whoring, etc. Please note that there is any problem, please contact Pandiecakes or one of the crew members, and we will fix the problem.
Don't be a bad sport. As I said, this is not some 'survival to the fittest' competition! I want you guys to have fun drawing, not to stress over this. Everyone is a winner, and I will not tolerate anyone that berate others. (Yes, I will put you guys in the naughty list so you better watch out!)

xmas.S E C R E T - S A N T A - R U L E S

Please draw the character(s) that I sent you. Don't simply ignore the request and do someone elses! Everyone must have their fair share! If there is any problem what so ever, please do not hesitate to ask me whether or not you wish to change if you are unable to do it. In other words, please give me a fairly practical reason of why you are unable to do this request, and I'll change it. (Of course, this may take a while as I have to ask others to swap).
Private message your completed submission to Santa erm... I mean Watergirl244! Because this is a Secret Santa, you should not PM it to your recipient! Also, please do not post whose request you got. Do NOT post the art or WIP in the thread or any visible place where your recipient may see it. Doing so would ruin the surprise! Please keep your art a secret.
Plagiarism will not be tolerated. No one likes art thieves! Do not trace. Do not eyeball (copying without tracing). And don't even think about submitting someone else's work under your name! We expect you to be original and to create something new. Please do not submit works that were made using a pre-made base, even if you made the base yourself. That means NO dolls, avatar edits, Poser renders, caramelldansen, etc.
*If you use any references, please provide full credit as you PM me the submission.

xmas.F R E Q U E N T L Y - A S K E D - Q U E S T I O N S

Q. Does the art have to be Christmas themed?
A. Unless the person requested specifically that they would like it to be, no.

Q. What happens if the person drawing my request falls through?
A. My helpers and I will then draw your request.

Q. Why should I draw someone else's request?
A. Why, it's for the holiday spirit! Also, anyone who makes a drawing at the deadline automatically gets 10,000 gold. And that's not including the prizes you could win!

Q. Where do we post our request form?
A. Please post your request before the deadline in the thread!

Q. Can I draw/receive multiple requests?
A. Sadly, things will be different this year. Due to the fact that some recipients have not received any artworks due to some of the confusion (in the previous Secret Santa), your Secret Santa will only draw one of your characters.

Q. Is it alright if I just want to draw instead of requesting?
A. Sure! Just PM Watergirl244 if you wish to help! I will add you on the list of Elves!

Q. I'm still confused!
A. Ask your question (either by PMing or posting in this thread) and we will gladly answer!

Magezian

Tipsy Raider

8,000 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie Enabler 100

Magezian

Tipsy Raider

8,000 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:36 pm
User Image

As I said, "Everyone is a winner." However, Watergirl244, will judge the artworks upon effort. Here are the factors she said that she will consider upon judging:

e f f o r t - Hypothetically, if you just sent in a stick figure of the character, then you haven't put any thought of it at all. Like many artists, we put effort on our drawings, giving satisfaction. The more effort given, the higher points you will receive!
c o l o r i n g / s h a d i n g - Perhaps, you like to enhance your submission with color and/or perhaps shading it! I will judge Accordingly on how well the shading is. The more shading/coloring there is, the higher the points!
a c c u r a c y - I know everyone has different styles (and I won't discriminate against that). But, what happens if the entries doesn't exactly look like what it should be? What happens if they are too exaggerated that they don't come close as the requested character? Now, who would want an artwork that doesn't even look like their character? Although you have freedom on the request's actions and such, please do not drastically change the requested character into something unrecognizable.
o r i g i n a l i t y - Similar like creativity, I judged on the unique of the artworks, something that is unusual, different, etc. Other than drawing the request, there's no boundaries to what sort of imagination you could do! The poses doesn't have to be the usual standing pose. You can add things to enhance the submission or add a background. Remember that you will have freedom to do on the picture (as long as it's not too intense)!
o n . t i m e - Although I do accept late submissions, there will be a penalty. For every day that is late, your entry will have a percentage of your overall score taken away. It's like homework. It's wise to submit it before or on time!

xmas.P R I Z E S / W I N N E R S:
*Upon completing a request, you will automatically receive 10,000 gold!
User ImageGrand Prize: Gusher no binds me received a "December 2011 Sealed Monthly Collectible Letter" along with a half-body line art (winner's request) by Watergirl244*.
xoxUser Image Runner-up: AngelicSpade received an additional 25,000 Gold!
xoxUser Image Third: Tachanne received an additional 20,000 Gold!
xoxUser Image Fourth: sugar magic received an additional 15,000 Gold!
xoxUser Image Fifth: Utter Confusion received an additional 10,000 Gold!

xoxoxoHonorable Mentions:
xoxo1. Kuro_nee-chan received an additional 5,000 Gold!
xoxo2. Hardrock_Cafe received an additional 5,000 Gold!
xoxo3. Coco Kitty the Killer X received an additional 5,000 Gold!

*In case you guys want to know what her art is for the grand prize, it's right here!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:40 pm
User Image

xmas.D A T E S:

Today: You can start entering the contest. Start posting your requests here in the thread! You request will be official post when I add an orange ""

December 12 (Today): Deadline for entering the event. No one can join the contest after this date. I will message everyone with the username and their request. Remember: Do not mention the username of the person whose request you are doing! If you have any concerns or questions you want to ask the requester, direct them to me and I will ask the person for you.

December 20: I will message everyone once again to see how the requests are coming along. If you have found that you are unable to complete someone's request, please tell me and I will cover them for you. If you finish early, you can send it to me.

December 23: You will PM the completed request to me by this date.

December 24: I will send the completed request to the person it is meant for.

December 25-28: I will send in the late submissions and/or unfinished submissions to the person it was meant for~

December 29: I will post all the artwork in this thread (see gallery) for everyone to see!

December 25-31: I will judge the artwork and choose the winners of this Event!

Magezian

Tipsy Raider

8,000 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie Enabler 100

Magezian

Tipsy Raider

8,000 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:15 pm
User Image

T H E - G A L L E R Y

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:33 pm
User Image

xmas.N I C E - L I S T:

1. ) XxX NeOn SpRiNkLeS XxX (pg. 1)
2. ) xxbloody tears19xx (pg. 1)
3. ) sugar magic (pg. 2)
4. ) Kaori Hitachiin (pg. 2)
5. ) Coco Kitty the Killer X (pg. 2)
6. ) Broken-S p 0 0 n (pg. 2)
7. ) NENE4567 (pg. 2)
8. ) Gusher no binds me (pg. 2)
9. ) AuroraCelestine (pg. 2)
10. ) Blackchicc (pg. 2)
11. ) Ayumi-Ruu (pg. 2)
12. ) hellvede (pg. 2)
13. ) Pandiecakes (pg.3)
14. ) AngelicSpade (pg.3)
15. ) Onigiri-Devouring Neko (pg.3)
16. ) Utter Confusion (pg.3)
17. ) Pinnemie (pg.3)
18. ) x-D o o m K i t t a y-x (pg.3)
19. ) i Kitty Uchiha (pg.3)
20. ) Sapphirianna (pg.3)
21. ) Alutaps (pg.3)
22. ) Pristine195 (pg.4)
23. ) Hardrock_Cafe (pg.4)
24. ) Kuro_nee-chan (pg.4)
25. ) xX_Terei_Xx (pg. 4)
26. ) ElainDeer (pg.4)
27. ) Tachanne (pg.5)
28. ) I u c e n t i s (pg.5)
29. ) g o l d f i s h y y (pg. 5)
30. ) xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx (pg. 6)

*Those stroked out of the list meant that someone completed it/volunteer had covered for them  

Magezian

Tipsy Raider

8,000 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie Enabler 100

Magezian

Tipsy Raider

8,000 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:35 pm
User Image

Oh yes! The head elf's speech! He wants to say something to you children:

merry"So you want to volunteer as Santa's little helper, eh? Well, don't take this lightly. We, the elves do it for the sake of Christmas, the jolly and well...you know what I mean. This is charity work, and all help is appreciated! So if there are any fail requests, you are the second line of defense. That's right! The world depends on your determination and power! Are you up to the challenge to help save the Christmas jolly?"

If you wish to sign up in order to help with the unfinished requests, please PM/leave a message on the thread to Watergirl244 no later by December 20th. I will send you a list on what needs to be done.

xmas.V O L U N T E E R S:
christmasPandiecakes (Head/2nd-in-command Elf) o
christmassnowdrift_2
christmasxRomano Lovi Vargasx
christmasQTPI1515225 o
christmasplaiin
christmasfhinela o
christmassugar magic o
christmasrussellweefs
christmasempress-luna o

*More are welcome~ Reminder that once I give you the unfinished works, you are obliged to do them as it's for responsibility~ ovo  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:48 pm
Thank you for your patience! You may begin to request~ c:  

Magezian

Tipsy Raider

8,000 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie Enabler 100

learly

Shirtless Friend

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:19 pm
Wish List:
What I want drawn: Avatar
Reference image: My avatar (dont worry about me changing it, cuz trust me, i wont)
Any special requests: me with a big candy cane, or santa hat, preferably colored

merry christmas everyone!

emotion_bigheart

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:24 pm
@XxX NeOn SpRiNkLeS XxX: Hohoho~ I thank thou for the request! Will add it in my list once I get my cookies and milk.  

Magezian

Tipsy Raider

8,000 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie Enabler 100

inspireParadise

Timid Ace

33,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:55 pm
Wish List:
What I want drawn: um one of the ones below
Homestuck Ocs Rainne and Travis
Homestuck Ocs Dani, Becca and Novice
Reference image: I realy want Travis Or Danielle
Any special requests: please full color

((Edited sorry))  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:01 pm
xxbloody tears19xx
Lassie, you're confusing my fluffy beard. Why don't you fill the form and post it there? I know you're a sweet child, so it isn't your fault. But, I couldn't find the picture you requested. Did you only put the link: "http://www.tektek.org/"?  

Magezian

Tipsy Raider

8,000 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie Enabler 100

inspireParadise

Timid Ace

33,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:05 pm
Watergirl244
xxbloody tears19xx
Lassie, you're confusing my fluffy beard. Why don't you fill the form and post it there? I know you're a sweet child, so it isn't your fault. But, I couldn't find the picture you requested. Did you only put the link: "http://www.tektek.org/"?

Fixed it sorry. -.-;  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:10 pm
@xxbloody tears19xx: Not you're fault, child. It's that beard of mine. Well, I must find the Ruldolph! He's gone missing for a while.  

Magezian

Tipsy Raider

8,000 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
Contest

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers