Welcome to Gaia! ::

██Sparkling Waters Guild██ Inactive ATM

Back to Guilds

Jump into the waters of Dolphins, Mermaids, Monsters, and earn tons of Gold! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Sparkling Waters Guild, Aquarium, Tanks, Gold 

Reply █ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements
WILL GAIA EVER PUT MEMPHIS BACK IN PHIN PHANG? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GailAnne Munchkin

Conservative Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:53 am
When Gaia announced they were removing Memphis from Phin Phang, they said Memphis would be returned to the shop in several weeks. When I went to school "several" meant anywhere from three to eight. I'm not sure it's been eight weeks but I know it's been "several" and Memphis is still absent from Phin Phang.

I will not be buying anything from the Cash shop until they replace her. I don't see how they believe they're pleasing their long term members by this action, and I know I'm not the only Gaian member upset about this. Methinks Gaia has to be losing members by arbitrarily screwing up booty grab. The removal of the Dolphins - and now Memphis - isn't the only issue with BG. GRRRR!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:47 am
Yeah I was planning on trying to get a memphis tank then she got pulled from the market  

Nion99_99

Space Cottontail

19,525 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

Ranchi

Tasty Target

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:06 am
It's Gaia, and the worst mistake you can make here, is to believe what they promise you. I still hope she's coming back soon, but I would not be surprised, if she's gone forever.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:12 am
Ranchi
It's Gaia, and the worst mistake you can make here, is to believe what they promise you. I still hope she's coming back soon, but I would not be surprised, if she's gone forever.

I know. Sadly, I think you're right! cry  

GailAnne Munchkin

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:58 pm
I have my doubts gaia will ever put back memphis into the shop. It is sad to know that they kept her from us once again. DX so long my pretties. (till my current one die leave me) crying twas a good day to remember when she was sold in the shops for a mere 75gc DX  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:06 am
waaaaaaa I miss you memphy!! heart heart  

Sparkling Waters Guild
Captain

Gracious Sweetheart

kittycross

Shameless Phantom

11,900 Points
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:25 am
i had been hoping that Lila might join Memphis in the shop, but then Memphis was pulled.If they do bring her back, I'm sure they'll be jacking the price cat_crying  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:53 pm
It's really unfair to pull her like that with no warning....and no replacement! I love Memphis! I'm still hoping she returns, but I have a feeling she will be costing a lot more when and if she does gonk  

Cat Sapphire

Dedicated Gaian

41,975 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Leora_chan

Beloved Cat

11,650 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:14 pm
It really upset me too. I just don't have the $5 A FISH to make a tank. Memphis was perfect! cost enough you had to invest without braking the bank but still was good enough to make you willing to pay to get her! I am disappointed in Gaia. neutral  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:37 pm
I was really disappointed when she was removed as well, I just started building up for a full tank, now I am left with three in my inventory and no-where near enough gold for it. crying  

Campb3ll

3,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200

momo the peachy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:19 am
Ranchi

Then I will be calling Gaia and the devs for what they are: Liars  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:28 am
GailAnne Munchkin
When Gaia announced they were removing Memphis from Phin Phang, they said Memphis would be returned to the shop in several weeks. When I went to school "several" meant anywhere from three to eight. I'm not sure it's been eight weeks but I know it's been "several" and Memphis is still absent from Phin Phang.

I will not be buying anything from the Cash shop until they replace her. I don't see how they believe they're pleasing their long term members by this action, and I know I'm not the only Gaian member upset about this. Methinks Gaia has to be losing members by arbitrarily screwing up booty grab. The removal of the Dolphins - and now Memphis - isn't the only issue with BG. GRRRR!

Ikr! A few weeks has become 'a few months' - which is what I told everyone that was their plan to start with. To try and put out the fire by feeding everyone a bunch of lies and say that announcement about 'Memphis being back in a few weeks'. Yeaaaah, riiight. rolleyes I knew they would try and pull this bullshit.

@ Gaia -Sneezes and coughs- Gaia, I'm allergic to bullshit. And I can smell a lie like a fart in a car! And as of late, you have been letting off some serious butt gas! Seriously, Gaia. I know I look young, but I was not born yesterday! Try and fool some other sucker, because you ain't fooling this one!

And I don't think the devs are to be trusted anymore, either. They (or at least one of them) has been telling us porkies now for like, ages. I'm not going to name names (as it will probably get me into trouble for name dropping) but you all know who I'm talking about, right?  

momo the peachy

Sandman482

O.G. Millionaire

9,900 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:44 am
Sadly when they do re-introduce them they will probably be 2-3x the price.

If they nerf them, I'm going to raise hell, as I've already purchased a secondary reserve of them when they were still for sale. Kind of figured they wouldn't be for sale long at the current price/output ratio. sad  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:26 am
Sandman482

If they nerf them, I'm going to raise hell, as I've already purchased a secondary reserve of them when they were still for sale. Kind of figured they wouldn't be for sale long at the current price/output ratio. sad

I wish I had put more of them in reserve! I should have bought more but unfortunately I didn't expect them to do this with Memphis. How naive of me! I have this account and two mules. They all had full tanks. I had to shut down one tank already, and the other mule has no mermaids in reserve, so when they start to die I'll have to shut her tank down too.

Here's the thing: I enjoyed Booty Grab more than any other aspect of Gaia. Ruining BG is ruining my interest. I don't know how long I'll stay if they don't bring Memphis back and I know I'm not alone in this.  

GailAnne Munchkin

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Sandman482

O.G. Millionaire

9,900 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:30 am
GailAnne Munchkin
Sandman482

I wish I had put more of them in reserve! I should have bought more but unfortunately I didn't expect them to do this with Memphis. How naive of me! I have this account and two mules. They all had full tanks. I had to shut down one tank already, and the other mule has no mermaids in reserve, so when they start to die I'll have to shut her tank down too.

Here's the thing: I enjoyed Booty Grab more than any other aspect of Gaia. Ruining BG is ruining my interest. I don't know how long I'll stay if they don't bring Memphis back and I know I'm not alone in this.

Indeed, after I run out of my reserve fish I'll probably stop playing BG myself. I've got things I'm questing for, but eh it's just virtual items.  
█ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff