Ever receive gifts... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gurotsuki

Scurvy Winner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:24 am
...that are offensive? And the gifter didn't actually mean it?
By that offensive means the gift hit your sore spot.

So a classmate of mine designed a T-shirt that is only for our class.
I didn't really mind it at first, but when I got it 2 days ago, my heart sink to the bottom, and it was really pain.
I think it offended me, since bad stuffs about me happened in my class a few months ago. I felt like it is mocking me.
I can't return it, though. The T-shirt had ordered for everyone in the class.
I think I'll never wear it, even once. Whenever I see the T-shirt, I feel like I'm an outsider.
Today during the Graduation Ceremony, I even hid in the toilet to avoid being photographed with the classmates.
Gee, I don't think I'll consider most of my classmates "classmates". rolleyes I even think that my class is more like a zoo.

End of story.
So girls, have you ever receive offensive gifts that hit your sore spot, while the gifter doesn't mean it?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:15 am
Luckily no. But if you don't like your class mates r you don't fit in try joining clubs with people who have the same interests as you :3  

xX_Destiny_XxX

Chatty Sex Symbol

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Millionaire 200

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:22 am
Those kind of gifts suck...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:49 am
It sure sucks, Dis.
Burn it?

FGHFGHFGHJ12345

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:23 am
No, never.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:35 pm
I'm sorry that happened to you.

I can't think of anything in my experience, luckily.  

Eleryth

10,050 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Signature Look 250

Gurotsuki

Scurvy Winner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:13 am
How envious.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:19 am
Second Hand clothes from relatives and when i was little dolls (i hated dolls they smell plastic and made me want to puke) i liked stuffed animals and they knew it.  

Sakura-Sachiko Takahashi

Friendly Mage

13,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:35 pm
My cousins have a hit-and-miss tendency with gifts for me to send giftcards for stores I don't shop in and definitely do not carry anything in my size. I was pretty pissed off because they don't send me birthday gifts either and I just re-gift the gift cards I can't use to friends who can use them.

I've also gotten gifts from other family members that just leave me wondering what the hell they were thinking when they bought them. Often times they just give me gift cards because none of them really know what I'm into or what interests me. It just bothers me when it's something I hate.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:32 pm
Gosh, YES. For my birthday my dad bought me dandruff shampoo (that didn't even smell good, and I don't have dandruff anyway), nail clippers, and a pack of gum. Thanks, Dad, for making me feel ugly and stinky (which, I know I don't stink because people have said I always smell good, but I guess he thinks I smell bad or something -_-).

I'm sorry to hear about your gift. It's not really a good feeling. I can't say I blame you for not wanting to wear it. :c  

Demonic Incandescence

Dapper Dabbler

9,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Guildmember 100

Gurotsuki

Scurvy Winner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:46 am
@Sakura:
Second handed stuffs can be bloody offensive. I understand. >.>

@Twilight:
Probably you should tell them about how much you hate the cards.
Ikr. I get gift cards every birthday after my 10th. And they are all the same pattern cards. >:[

@Morose:
Well I hope your dad doesn't mean it.
My mom does this too often. OTL
It's okay and thanks. :]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:38 pm
consistent stuffed animals and chocolates from my fiance. i know he means well, but i already have a house full of stuffed animals... i'm running out of room.... he knows about the stuffies now because after the 6th one i had to tell him about it...
and chocolate... well i'd rather a pretty hair clip or something like earrings or nick nacks that i would use to pretty myself for him. he doesn't know about this one yet... i like chocolate too so i don't complain... its just... chocolate goes away.... sad

and fake flowers... i know some people think that oh, well they'll last forever so you'll always have them... but i don't feel that way... in a way it makes me feel like they're being cheap and saying i'm not worth real flowers... real ones aren't super expensive, and i feel like if their intent is genuine, they should give genuine flowers. that one is a really sore spot that i have.. i guess i can't really explain it. it just hurts my feelings to get fake flowers. i'd rather no gift at all than to get fake flowers.  

Illustrious Verse

Beloved Fatcat

7,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100

L4uren

Tipsy Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:09 pm
Bras and panties. I hate getting them, even from my mother and grandmother.
First of all, it embarrasses me. And it offends me because I think thats something I should be able to buy on my own- and make my own choices on.
Or maybe I'm just grumpy because they buy me granny panties rofl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:22 pm
no, nope not yet :3  

XxXJill_valentine

6,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Generous 100

Moon_Child08

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:42 pm
I can't think of any but I remember when my birthday was on Chinese new yeear, I stared at my dad like I wanted him to say something, and he said "Happy new years"
WTF it was my birthday yo. scream  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces