Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:54 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:22 pm

Name Regina Marian
Blood colour ████████ #99004d
Gender Female
Symbol A circle struck through by two harpoons.
Personality Regina is not the suave and icy-calm queen that came before her. A tiny tangle of wild eyes, large grins and unkempt hair house a mind like a wickedly hooked dagger and a self confidence that could be used to smash through walls. Living for most of her life in complete obscurity in the deepest parts of the ocean, Regina spent her entire childhood working, plotting, and preparing for her rise to the top. She's a bit of a loose cannon because of her highly developed 'fight' instinct, and gets incredibly bored when she doesn't feel challenged or engaged. This in turn ends with her trying to place herself in situations where she does get the stimulation she needs. Unfortunately it is often at the cost of the safety, health, and mental well being of both her and all other trolls involved.

While dangerously short-tempered, she craves the company and attention of other trolls, and loves nothing better than to show off through combat. She also enjoys forging and fostering complicated relationships, eagerly baiting and pushing other trolls with the goal of becoming the dominant personality in their life. Aware that a lot of trolls view her with loaded preconceptions, and that most lowbloods blame her for all of their problems, Regina sees it as simply easier to encourage black feelings. She finds power over other trolls in her ability to draw strong emotions out of them, and thrills from it. Nothing annoys the queen more than trolls who are calm and collected, or weak willed and submissive. Nothing thrills her more than trolls that push her physically and mentally, who show her (possibly grudging) respect for who she is, while also retaining their own strong personality.

At first loathing, then coming to accept her queenly duties, Regina's most common form of interaction with the outside world is on a podium with a camera in her face. Her public persona is jovial, warm, and quick to find the humor in everything, essentially an idealized and wiggler friendly version of who she truly is. While at the start of her reign she played along at being the stereotypical royal monarch, presiding over her subjects on a golden throne, once she felt that she had had enough of that it was dropped from the agenda. She's also stopped her 'childhood' habit of going out in public wearing disguises, and instead relies on others to feed her stories of life as a commoner. Although she is completely aware of the essential barrier of blood and power that divide her from the rest of society, she is still eager to learn more about the world of the everyday that she will never truly be accepted into. Instead of her public and 'public' appearances, the queen now spends most of her days in her private chambers, working away on various 'projects'.

As expected, the queen adheres to the blood caste with the smug satisfaction that only comes from being on the top. While she's not above using her position to kick around a hapless troll or two while she's bored, Regina's flamboyant desire to impress others transcends the hemospectrum, and she'll chum up to any troll who gives her the admiration she looks for, regardless of blood colour. The queen is a firm believer in rewarding trolls for ambition, and while she will inherently give higher blooded trolls a starting advantage, she will also dole out favours and power to lowbloods that stand out and earn their place. She doesn't see the system as simply a list of who's in charge over whom, but also as a set of responsibilities and vital jobs for each caste. The Hemospectrom is how society works, giving each troll a place in life that they need to adhere to to keep the civilization functioning as a whole. If a troll shows aptitude for a job usually reserved for a higher caste, then giving that job to them is simply continuing on the base purpose of the system. The one thing that Regina is the most critical and harsh of is weakness in her own caste. As the 'top seadweller' and 'top purpleblood' she sees herself as the one who holds responsibility over the lesser nobility, and will turn on any who display the weak will and helplessness of a lowblood. Of course, if any troll steps out of line and act above their rank without earning her respect or backing up their talk with action, she's not above slapping them down again.

Strengths

Winsome With a devil-may-care attitude, rock solid self-confidence, and dangerously devastating smile, Regina has a kind of wild, dangerous charisma that demands respect from her opponents, and admiration from her allies. Made all that more magnetic by the fact that she pretends not to notice her own effect on other trolls, Regina subtly turns on the charm when she wants something, and always goes out of her way to impress people that she wants to be awed. However, while her manipulation of her own ability to charm others is subtly calculated, her basic wild-girl personality isn't.

Wholehearted Not a troll to wobble about, Regina views indecision as a kind of disease that should be wiped out as quickly and as violently as possible. Though she may take quite some time debating in her mind if a cause is important enough to take up, once she decides it is, she puts everything she has behind it until the end. Every cause she takes up will be defended till death, every choice she makes is followed through without a backward glance. This gives her the bonus of allowing herself to be fully confident in her own choices, prevents her making split second decisions that turn out bad, and never being seen backing down. A fierce reputation, and one she values more than anything.

Wily While you would assume from her unrefined personality and actions that Regina is a bit of a thickie, you'd be far from the truth. While playing up her physical prowess, she also has a sharp intellect that is always searching for the next twist in the bend, and how she can exploit it. Not book-smart, Regina runs on pure survival instinct, experience and natural intellect to keep afloat in the shark-infested waters of troll society, and in the very, very dangerous position of a new ruler. However, she is careful not to show how hard she's thinking behind that poker face, as the best way to get past someone, in her experience, is when they've got their guard down.

Flaws

Wild Growing up isolated from other trolls, Regina hid away in the deep ocean, where she would be safe from any troll who decided to kill her to curry favour with the previous queen, and thus spent most of her childhood outside of polite troll society. While other trolls who isolate themselves might turn out shy or uncertain, this has given Regina a painful lack of patience when dealing with other trolls, little to no empathy for others, and a complete lack of restraint in displaying emotion. When she's upset, uncomfortable, or even just bored, Regina tends to act out physically and vocally, and hasn't quite mastered her indoors voice.

Wrathful While some trolls might see her jovial, charismatic demeanour and assume they have some leeway with Regina, it is often the last mistake they make. Cross her once, she'll take out your eye. Regina is always looking for an excuse to smack around another troll, and has a seemingly limitless ability to over exaggerate a situation until she was clearly justified in beating another troll to death for making her the subject of a lighthearted joke. Overall, it's best to make sure you're on the queen's good side, as she has a hair trigger temper, a list of fabricated grievances against you, and a fist full of metal.

Warmonger Regina likes to fight. More than that, she likes to see other trolls fight. Especially when she knows she was the one who started it all, even if no one else does. Every disagreement, she believes, is quickest solved by putting the two sides in a ring and see which one is left standing. Then there's no more argument. If something isn't worth killing another creature over, then clearly the loosing side didn't truly care enough, and was justly punished for pushing their half-assed beliefs onto others. Regina takes pleasure in orchestrating fights between other trolls and watching them tear into each other in the purest and most basic system of democracy in action.

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:21 pm

Home
Regina's first home, a giant underwater castle, is situated deep out in the ocean, off the beach from Old Hemisect, built on a crag reaching up from the depths where her lusus lives. While she returns to it regularly, to take care of her finicky guardian and catch a day or so of privacy, she is most often found 'holding court' at Four Fronds.

Underwater The true seat of the queen, Regina's castle is large, cold, and mostly empty. It's excruciatingly great depth beneath the surface makes it difficult for even the average seadweller to tolerate for long, if the eerie silence and freezing waters didn't drive them to leave first. Any troll who nears it without the queen's knowledge is a target for Gl'bgolyb's insatiable appetite, and even with her permission to enter you might have to avoid a curiously searching tentacle. This is Reginas' Fortress of Solitude, the place where she can withdraw from the world and relax, or plot, in peace.

Four Fronds Regina's party hive, where she goes to socialize with other trolls through of-the-cuff speeches given from her balcony, or up close with her sword. She has commandeered the most luxurious hotel in the town, hosts parties, events, and political meetings in it's grand ballroom, and runs around breaking valuable things in the many suits upstairs. If you've been invited to stay in 'her hotel', chances are you have caught her eye and are being rewarded, wooed, or closely monitored.

Lusus
Regina's lusus is the blessing and burden of troll royalty. A monstrous tenticled creature, rumored to be from beyond time and space, Gl'bgolyb is as ancient as Alternia, dwarfs the massive army starships, and has been the lusus for every troll queen for as far back as anyone can remember. When pressed, Regina will only admit to the fact that it whispers to her in her sleep, but refuses to go further into what exactly her lusus tells her. While Regina has the power to command it's vast psychic abilities, she is also a slave to it's constant and repetitive demands, and has to constantly return to it's side with food and attention. If she travels too far away from the planet, she looses her connection with the beast, as did the other queens before her.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Stats

HP (20)
Weapon Military-grade Sabre (1d6 +1)

Power Novice Gl'bgolybs Whispers (1d6+1 auto hit on this attack, also removing from max hp count, 2x per battle.

Remove the number rolled from the maximum hp your target can have, as well as their current hp count. This overrides all defensive abilities. The change to the max hp wears off after the battle. )
Once per battle, Regina can use her mental link to her Lusus, and have it launch a pinpoint psychic attack on another troll. Such a carefully aimed attack is very challenging for her, and if it gets out of control she might accidentally the entire population or more importantly herself. Regina is careful to only call upon a fraction of Gl'bgolybs true might.
4/7 battles to adept

[quote]
[b]HP[/b] - 20/20
[b]Damage Modifiers[/b] - Military-grade Sabre ([i]+1[/i])

[b]Gl'bgolybs Whispers[/b] - ([i]1d6+1 auto hit on this attack, also removing from max hp count, 2x per battle.
[size=7]Remove the number rolled from the maximum hp your target can have, as well as their current hp count. This overrides all defensive abilities. The change to the max hp wears off after the battle.[/size][/i])[/quote]

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Acquaintances
The Faceless Masses
* = this troll has only interacted with Regina while she was in disguise, and did not know who she really was.
Aprife Invasi - First public fight I had. Pretty sure he fell in with an awful bad crowd, such a shame. I'll probably see him again one day.
Frossa Fyrste - Winner winner, chicken dinner. Spreading the good word of the Alternian Military and everything. Ex-patron of Bunsem, wherever he is now.
Alifax Bunsem - Smart lowblood. Guess he was even smarter than he looked, cuz I never managed to get my hooks into him.
Vremea Everai* - Lowblood? Check. Beat up? Check. Ended up on a wanted list? Check. Kinda sad how predictable that is.
Klymen Carcha - Sad excuse for a seadweller.
Lorata Gorgos - Joined the military, didn't she? Got promoted, didn't she? Workin your way off my 'sad seadweller' list. Call me when you're a captain.
Dictys Glauci - Sad excuse for a seadweller.
Alexin Flynnt* - Weren't they a blueblood?
Punkie Vielli - Oh man, clowns. Yeah this is one of them alright.
Elidae Bonbon - Vidari's buffer, I mean, Moirail. I did a talk with her. Go me, gettin' things done.
Sinter Heilig - Apparently he's the hottest s**t to every come flyin' out of a musclebeast's rump?
Odette Cygnet - Lowblood rebel who seems pretty confused. If my world's so s**t why are you always bumpin around it like a moth to a flame? Getting some use out of her looks, at least.
Sascha Diasis, Flydra Dromen, Scorpa Devile - They got famous off Superstar, then took my job offer in the military. Good cards in my deck.

Key Players
Sarcel Cincil - Surprisingly mouthy and bitter, doesn't know how to talk to people. Got an eyepatch too. Shaping up to be a new Schrad?
Kursha Vidari - Man I just want you to do as well as you could be doing. C'mon, rise above your blood. Also don't ********' let me down again. Also take a hint.
Cynril Minati - A spur of the moment investment. Let's see what you give me when you grow up.
Zindel Tagino - Lowblood test and potential turncoat. Like, I'll give him a sixty percent chance of wussing out on our arrangement. Also please, please, please learn to read buddy.
Tamiya Aiguma - Oh man, clowns. But like, she's also pretty interested in the empire and all that stuff so it kinda balances out? Useful, I want to keep her happy.
Aandes LaMode - Kinda got the ego of a seadweller, but that's showbiz right? Fun, useful, probably plotting against me in some sorta crazy scheme. He's great.
Eostre Diazzi - I wish I had a bit of dirt on her. Seriously, what a precious brass-knuckle wielding cinnamon roll. Probably gonna be relying on her a lot.
Byakko Mawiya - What a glubbin' trash receptacle am I right? She's never gonna get away from me, even if she tries! Smoochies!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:23 pm
Roleplay Logs
Regina began her life before there was a child stage - I mean, her life as a child was all underwater with her mom! See it all works out.

Teen to Adult

Regular
[ORP] Battle Royale
[ORP] Battle Royale Ending
[META-orp]Take the Blue Pill
[ORP] Bloodfest 2012
[ORP] MMM: Central New Hemisect Relief Station
[META] Alternia's Finest
[ORP]Third Anniversary Dance
[ORP] Kneel Before your Fishy Overlords! (1)
[META] Whimsical Underground Adventure 2000: Kids and Fun
[RP/BATT] The Tiger's Cage (Regina x Byakko)
[RP] Bloodfest 2015 Booths 1xxx2
[RP] Bloodfest 2015 Boardwalk
[RP] Drinks and a Chat (Regina + Kursha)
[MINI-META] Masked Gala - Central Hivestem
[RP] Smoke and Saviours (Cynril & Regina)
[RP] A Frank and Open Discussion
[RP] So, tell me what you want what you really really want. (Zindel & Regina)
[RP] Bloodfest 2016 Booths
1 2
[RP] Dubious Discussion Behind the Booths - Regina & Kursha
[RP] Empress Exaltation (Punkie - Regina)
[RP] Production Meeting (Aandes + Regina)
[RP] Warning Sign (Elidae & Regina)
[RP/BATT] Fancy and Judgemental (Regina & Eostre)
[RP] Art Critics (Sinter & Regina & Tamiya)
[RP/BATT] Walk it off (Sarcel & Regina)
[RP/BATT] Press x to doubt(Sarcel & Regina)

Battle
[ORP] Battle Royale Ending (battle)
[META] Disaster (Regina + Frossa vs. Vremea + Elidae)
[META] Alternia's Finest
[META]Whimsical Underground Adventure 2000: Kids and Fun (battle)
[RP/BATT] The Tiger's Cage (Regina x Byakko)
[RP/BATT] Fancy and Judgemental (Regina & Eostre)
[RP/BATT] Walk it off (Sarcel & Regina)
[RP/BATT] Growth (Kursha & Regina)

Adult to Ancestor

Regular
[GRP] Have You Guessed the Riddle Yet?
Battle

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:33 am
And I'll feed your obsession

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:34 am
The falling star that you cannot live without

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:36 am
I will be your religion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:38 am
This thing you'll never doubt

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:43 am
Bow down to me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:45 am
Bow down to me

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:47 am
Bow down to me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:48 am
Bow down to me

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out