Submit

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:35 am
I was wondering if any of you had suggestions for non FW and non GW scenery? Im planning an ambitious project (Chapter fortress) and Im planning to use some citadel stuff, but I need other things, like detailed wall panels, tables chairs, chapter serfs and servants.

Any suggestions?
I hear Scibor is ok, but they cant do scale worth a damn.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:11 am
There are plenty of companies out there that sell 28mm scenery, decorative pieces and accessories, the main problem is that they usually don't mesh together all that well due to wildly varying design styles.

There are several Polish companies that sell resin character models that can double as serfs, gothic cogitators and other decorative objects.

I'll direct our expert to this thread when I can contact him. wink  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:19 am
Lady Blodwynn
There are plenty of companies out there that sell 28mm scenery, decorative pieces and accessories, the main problem is that they usually don't mesh together all that well due to wildly varying design styles.

There are several Polish companies that sell resin character models that can double as serfs, gothic cogitators and other decorative objects.

I'll direct our expert to this thread when I can contact him. wink
Awesome!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:53 am
He doesn't like to bothered right now, so here are the links I remember from the top of my head! sweatdrop

Antenocitis Workshop has a scenery segment: http://www.antenocitisworkshop.com/antenocitis/governance-of-technology-got-scenery-1.html

MicroArt Studios has doors, bunkers and whatnot: http://www.shop.microartstudio.com/future-terrain-c-21_41.html?page=1

Blight Wheel miniatures has interesting serf minis: http://blightwheelminiatures.vendder.com/blight-wheel-miniatures  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:37 am
Cool, I already have the main wall construction planned out. But the main thing will be after the courtyard.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:14 am
Google is your friend in all honesty, there are plenty of companies out there that produce that sort of thing.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:37 am
Lt. Brookman
Google is your friend in all honesty, there are plenty of companies out there that produce that sort of thing.
You lazy b*****d! Go mbeadh cosa gloine fút agus go mbrise an ghloine!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:36 am
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
YAH! What she said!  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:00 am
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
Does this mean that I'm supposed to learn Gaelic now?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:07 am
I find most of my Scenory stuff at Pegasus Hobbies, Im into 40k so i usly use the Platformer set for details, but theres alot of Fantasy stuff in there as well. Oh and the Pricing is resonable 2!

Hope this helps  

II Deagle II

Hounddog311

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:24 pm
Agreed, if you don't live near Pegasus Hobbies, you can order the stuff off their main site. Which I will admit the Platform sets they sell are great if your going for a Hive or Dock setting. In addition they also sell other decor that can be used for anything. All it requires is a bit of imagination and some paint and your good to go.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:01 pm
Well hoping this dosn't get me yelled at in other tounges but I found alot of my stuff at hobbie train stores, stumbled across one on a trip that was havign a closing out sale and got some very night rock and brick walls and about haft a dozen molds for different sized rocks and cliffs and about 4 2L cartons of this stuff called Mold-A_Scene Plaster it comes in powder form and you mix it yourself and pour if you have something like a mold or some way to make molds that would be a good way to make some nice stuff.

hope it helps  

Drakeoss Dragoon

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:01 pm
Pity Pegasus doesn't ship world-wide, their platform sets and V2 rocket are just what I need for my pulp project.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:36 pm
Lt. Brookman: U could always try Ebay or even get the phone number and try to arange somthing, im sure they would be more then happy to ablige your gaming needs.  

II Deagle II

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:14 am
Shipping is probably the reason it is a US only thing. I'd rather not use Feebay, too many assholes.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff