26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:48 am
User ImageName: Asella Chara

Blood colour: Persian Green

Symbol: A leopard spot in a heart shape [see below image]

Personality: Picture the happiest sounding music with lyrics depicting the worst situations, and you have Asella. As bubbly and bouncy as she is, it only takes a minute for you to hear what shes saying and catch on. Her voice is cutesy, her appearance is outlandish, but that minute when she was grinning at you, she was asking you to move out of her way before she decapitated you. She isn't the type to socialize often, but when she does you have to wonder what kind of company she can keep.

Despite how cruel she may seem at times, Asella is mostly full of empty threats. It's her intent to get rid of the unwanted through threatening and brandishing her fists, but most days she wouldn't lay a hand on another troll unless they were truly asking for it. She doesn't seem to realize that her more savage side is the reason she's avoided, not her cover.

Despite her sour self, she's an addict for color and has been for as long as she can remember. She can't be too sure what started it, but all it took was one instance of non-grey to change her perspective. In the secrecy of her home, she gets away with as much of it as possible, while outside she does her best to wear the darker colors... or, at least, as close as she can get. But forgetting color is not an easy task.

The quickest way to get past her harsh exterior is sweets, and though she may threaten you 8 to 10 times before breakfast, if there's something sweet in her hands you might as well forget what was said, especially if YOU were the one supplying them.

Take away her sugar, however, and she turns into a demon, going so far as to tear apart her own house to find even the tiniest hint of her addiction. Off her sugar, she becomes impossible to approach and almost bloodthirsty, digging her nails into the undersides of tables and chairs and screaming at the passing bugs just for being alive before squishing them with her bare hands, playing with the dead carcasses and giggling. Should you risk getting close to her, she might attempt ripping the eyes out of your skull just for bloody kicks. Of course, this savage beastly side of herself is almost entirely unknown to her active, sugary self, almost as if her brain cannot compute anything that goes on for as long as she doesn't have sugar.

Because of this lack of self-awareness, she has no idea that both her savage self and normal self are very similar, though she does have a general idea that other trolls don't like her for more than just a nasty personality.

For the most part, Asella is a grump. She doesn't like others and she lets them know it at first glance. At a younger age, she could express herself properly and be just as hateful as she wanted. With the introduction of sugar accidentally when she found a wrapped candy piece outside, however, she just can't keep herself from bouncing off the walls and having a shrill outburst of a voice.

Why she doesn't like others? A lack of color. All the gray and black is an eyesore to her, and she's constantly judging people by how they look before taking the chance to get to know them. However, she may overlook your lack of taste if she feels that you are worth her pity, as it will be the only way she would ever accept you as more than just another troll to swing at when the candy runs low.

This however implies in NO WAY WHATSOEVER that Asella has any fashion sense. She's terrible at matching colors up. That doesn't stop her from liking them.

The way she sees it, she'll grow up strong AND introduce a little color to this bland world when she's an adult and in the army. If anyone thinks they can tell her otherwise, they're sure to get a busted lip or a broken nose, or so she likes to make people believe. Her goals were simple, to her... make an impression that NO ONE will forget. But, for now, she'll blend in. Her home wasn't built in a day, after all.

As far as her respect for authority goes; she has a limit. Sure, she can suck it up as long as there is a sugary sweetness in her bloodstream, but when it starts wearing down, so does she. It starts with a tap of her foot, then elevates into fidgeting and finally, vocalizing her distress.

While it is perfectly natural for HER to be all over the place, she's highly suspicious of others who would do the same, such as dressing to "fit" a situation. Within herself, she can find a good explanation, but her first instinct of others tells her they are trying something or are up to no good.

There is a silver lining to all her insanity, however, and it is the moment when she puts a piece of candy in her mouth. Sure, with it in her system, she's hyper and bouncy but threatening. But when that candy is still in her mouth, she's no more threatening than anyone else, all of her energy focused on the taste of amazing on her tongue.

Strengths:
Determination- When Asella plans to do something, she gets it done and no one can tell her she can't. If she ever came across something that was unpassable, no matter how hard her efforts were, she would regrettably give in until she could find a way to pass it, the thought constantly at the back of her mind. She has a one-track mind, and once she's on to something, it's hard to get her off of it.

Spontaneity- Asella can never seem to find enough things to do and, as such, is always coming up with new, exciting things that draw crowds. This can range from simple card tricks to full out circus performing. If her interest runs out, however, she does tend to quickly move on to something new or, rarely, something old that she's taken an interest in again. for her to not find anything to do would be disastrous, as she'll likely bring harm to those around her to make up for the loss.

Soft Spot- Though she can be cruel and dangerous, there's one thing you have to like about her, and that's her fondness of lusus. Sure, her own lusus may see the other side of a wall daily, but when it comes to others, Asella tends to let her soft spot show for them. She can cover it up as best she can, but the quickest way to get her embarrassed is to find her interacting with a lusus that isn't her own. Of course, she would NEVER outright tell someone about this 'weakness'.

Flaws:
Addict- As I said, she's an addict for sweets. Growing up without even TASTING something sugary, the tiniest little bit of it and she was attached, unable to give it up for anything. She'd be bowing at your feet and calling you 'Master' if you were supplying her full-time. Asella, unfortunately, doesn't like when her candy runs out, and when it does, you're in for big trouble. She will go to great lengths to find something sweet, even at the cost of injuring someone else or even herself, as long as she can taste her addiction. This addiction is the main cause for her mood swings, being that she will be as nasty as her usual self and have a complete personality change just to have a taste of the sugary goodness. When it runs out, she can become extremely agitated with anyone who even tries simple conversation with her, to the point of a violent strike against them if they persist to converse with her.

Picky- Because of the fact she judges others by their appearance, she doesn't have many friends, if any. And through that, her judging of other things came about, like what foods she wanted to eat for the day, what color she wanted her bedroom walls for the next month. She goes through more random than most would think possible, and not preparing for what she wants will cost you. On her most outraged mood swings, she might try to take a chunk out of someone's limb. If Asella doesn't like you at first glance, the chances of her EVER liking you are slim. But, she's willing to put up with those she dislikes as long as they feed her addiction. Doesn't mean she'll like them, but she'll bear them under the idea that they just want to be near her badly enough that she should pity them and do as such.

First Taste- As mentioned, she becomes docile the moment a piece of candy is in her mouth. But this is often too docile, and she can easily be taken advantage of in this state. She can be found with her hands in her lap, eyes closed, and she would no sooner react to being robbed than she would being bitten by a bug. However, the minute those eyes re-open, you'd better be concerned for your life, should you have taken something. Poking her, she would have no proof of, but stealing from her? She'll notice right away. This moment of bliss varies from a few minutes to hours, depending on the size of the candy and whether or not it can be chewed up. The shortest amount of time it has lasted thus far was 10 minutes, and the troll who had taken her prized stash of jawbreakers had met the same fate: a fist to the jaw.

Weapon: Battle Axe, though when she's older she may upgrade to the double-sided one, with bigger blades of course.

Appearance: Asella likes her hair long and wavy, pulled into a high ponytail in the back [though it still reaches past her feet] and cut into straight bangs at the front. Shorter pieces of her hair tend to come loose at the side of her face and curl towards her cheeks. Although she would rather wear every color imaginable, she gets away with some orange and her blood color on a skirt and tube top, which she wear because "Sleeves. And. Pants. Would. Limit. Her. Mobility."
Her makeup is overly exaggerated, being orange just above her lashes and becoming yellow up to her brow from there. Underneath, she wears either her blood color or green just beneath her lash line, with dots of blue along the tops of her cheeks just for an extra color. Her upper lip is black, her lower lip is dark purple.

Home: Beach; Old Hemisect

Lusus: A hulk of a creature. Has the build of a Rhinoceros with Armadillo plating along his sides, back, and legs. His legs are slightly longer and clawed, giving him the ability to move much faster than normally would be possible. He's just as prone to rage as his ward, easily wrecking half the house in one of his fits. And he's by far the more dangerous of the two, and she is the one who has to calm HIM down.

Power: None.
User Image
I. Think. I. Left. My. Book. At. Home.~

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:45 am
I know you're not done this, but some quick things that need changing right off the bat.

One, her symbol cannot be a pattern. 'Plaid' or 'spots' are not acceptable as symbols, but you could have say, three leopard print spots, arranged in a certain manner. It also has to be displayed on the front of her outfit.

Two, she needs a very valid reason for that eye-blinding outfit. Trolls nearly always stick to simple black and grey, and even Kanaya, the cannon fashionista, usually stays in her default outfit which is 50% grey and black. Her other outfits moreover all contain her symbol in a clearly seen place. Finally, she has to have her blood colour on her outfit, unless she is specifically trying to aim for hemoanonimity, and in that case it would be best to stick to a completely colourless outfit.

Her strengths are looking good so far! Looking forward to seeing her personality down. smile  

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:29 pm
Did some work on her outfit and symbol :3  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:27 pm
Her 'everyday' clothes needs her symbol to have her colour on it. :3  

Aesceus

Manly Shoujo

9,625 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:52 pm
OH PFF. I knew I forgot something... |D
*goes to fix*

Anything else? 83  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:09 pm
o-kay, first of all, thanks for changing the clothes, they look much better now. however, i'm still not really certain 'addict for colour without a reason' is vaild, sorry. 'without a reason' is never acceptable. there is always a reason, or there is no reason for it to be there.

her main problem right now is i can't get inside her head. i don't know her motives, her thoughts, or her reasons. she feels a bit flat.

for her strengths and weaknesses, i need more. one sentence isn't enough. for determination, what if she meets an impassable obstacle? how does she deal with things that do get in her way? subtly or straight out? is there anything that drives her to be that determined?
for spontaneity, it seems like a slightly double-edged sword. what exactly do you mean by 'new exiting things'? do you mean hobbies? wouldn't some trolls view this as more of just being flighty and airheaded? does she stick with hobbies and interests (if i'm to assume that that's what you mean by 'things to do') that she had before, or does she drop them. by draw crowds, do you mean she prefers to do showy things, like bungee jumping or magic tricks?
right now they are very very flat and don't really explain the why behind these.

her flaws are kind of weak. i say you could combine them both into 'addict', as they both basically revolve around her obsession with sweet things. also, this is only a flaw if she literally dissolves into a mess if she doesn't get her fix. try and think of one other flaw, unrelated to sugar. also, a bit of insight into how she feels about this addiction would go a long way, not to mention why she has it/where it started.

try and get inside her head, think of how she'd react to situations, how she feels about her life, and why she does what she does. if you can get that down, i have a feeling that she'll blossom in no time into a fuller character!  

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:46 pm
I added as much as I could think of... XD
If her personality still needs more, I'm not sure I can do it. 8|  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:10 pm
I think you can totally do it! ^__^ It just takes determination!

From what I've read of her, the sort of aura I feel from her is that, as of right now, she's very disjointed. Things about her and how you've described her seem a bit out of place for me, and I guess I need some more explanation about them.

For example, her reasoning for not liking others. I can understand her not liking certain personality traits, or trolls of a certain heritage and that sort of thing. But not liking other trolls because they don't really have color in them? It seems a bit odd to me. Mostly because it's common place in troll society for their outfits to be mainly black, gray, and other neutral shades.

I'm also curious about some of her flaws. You say she is an addict to sweets, but how did she get addicted to sweets? Being an addict is a pretty big deal, in so far as it actually hinders a person's life. Does her addiction hinder her in any way? How bad do things get for her if she goes without sweets? You also mentioned that she's picky and that she has mood swings, but you've made no mention of mood swings in her flaws. If this is a flaw of hers, it'd do well to mention it.

Right now, I'd say keep working at her and try to make things flow together a bit more easily. You can do it! I know you can! n__n

Mriae

Devoted Cleric

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:21 pm
Mood swings is directly connected to her addiction, so I'm not sure if I can have it added. ^.^;  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:52 am
CRIT TIME

Ok not feeling my best today but I hope to give you a few pointers on your quest troll for now!!

Personality:
She seriously is one crazy lady. I mean the way you have portrayed her she sounds insane! She would suit being a purple blood really as green spectrum trolls (not all of them mind you) seem to have a far more calmer personality. But of course that's neither here nor there, you want her green, green she shall be.

You are taking on a very large burden with her personality though. You stated she is always like this, even worse when she's not on sugar. Which means she can't have an off day, ever. You will always have to play her like this mental, crazy, bi-polar troll, even though bi-polar doesn't really describe her because even bi-polar people have 'good' days.

For example they way you have written her if she was to get into trouble with a highblood (or subjuggulator) she can't just become docile and obedient at that very moment to save her skin, she will have to react to them. Also a troll that you want your troll to be friends with, you can't just have her being nice to them for no reason (and candy can only last so long) what happens if they don't have candy one day? What will your troll do to them then? I can only see her having friends for very short amount of time.

Am not saying re-write her whole personality, just that there are many plot-holes and challenges to come across (see below) with the attitude she has. As long as your prepared to meet the consequences then I say go for it.

Strengths:

I dont think the strength: Perfect Ally should be included in this. Because there will be such a rare chance for her to make and keep we may never see this strength coming into play. I think another strength should be included instead of this one.

Flaws:

Addict: See this is where I start to get confused. In the main portion of her personality you never mention that she has a calm side but you do in this section, "can be as passive as a kitten". But being overall giddy, even when she has sugar and telling someone she is going to decapitate then is not being 'passive' or 'nice'. You need to explain her personality more. When she has sugar is she totally 100% 'normal' and then go crazy without sugar, or is she mental on sugar and even worse when off? Again these are when those plot hole come into play!

Judgemental & Picky: are the same really. I think you should combine them both because you are repeating yourself in both sections. Think of a further flaw to replace the combined one.

Overall Summary:

I think this troll needs some more work on it before we can accept her. Its not like you don't have a very interesting troll on your hands because you do!! I think we just need it to be more coherent, right now there are too many things I can pick out that won't work. But you are getting there!

I agree also with Mriae about not liking trolls because of their colour choices. Trolls are not known for their fashion sense anyway, and I know your girl obvious does care but it seems like a pointless trait to hate other trolls considering that 95% of trolls don't care for fashion and will just stick to black and grey.

Like I said I am fine with her crazy personality it just needs fine tuning and her strengths and flaws need to be fleshed out more. I hope this helps <3

matisha

Business Vampire

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:36 am
*updating as I Go*  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:41 pm
Just as a note it seems that Monstrous Power is more of a flaw than a strength, because the only time it is in play is when she is in a worse mood than normal. Strengths are things that other trolls will like about your's, but if she's only using this when she's throwing massive beasts through walls then I doubt it will make anyone like her.

Just a question for clarification of First Taste, but how long does this last? How long exactly does a troll have to pick-pocket her before her eyes open? Would there really be enough time to get away with something? Or is it more like a moment of meditation for her as she savors the sweetness and stays that way for a good while?  

Galaxa13

Welcoming Perfectionist

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:51 pm
Tweaks made.
She really needs some strengths. XD
*ponders on this*  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:49 pm
CRIT TIME WITH WASSER

First off, the design. 1) Her boobs are hanging out everywhere how old is she again??? They're kids, remember....????
2) Colors everywhere oh why
and that "movie poster" explanation was the saddest explanation I've ever heard- troll movies have as much color as everything else AKA NONE

Quote:
The quickest way to get past her harsh exterior is sweets

wait what I thought she was super cutely kawaii desu
is she now a badass
ok

Quote:
Take away her sugar, however, and she turns into a demon,

Oh it's one of those trolls
so does she have two personalities or

Quote:
Of course, this savage beastly side of herself is almost entirely unknown to her active, sugary self, almost as if her brain cannot compute anything that goes on for as long as she doesn't have sugar.

ok I guess she does
are you gonna make that official or just skirt around it

Quote:
For the most part, Asella is a grump.

wait what I thought she was kawaii desu

Quote:
With the introduction of sugar accidentally when she found a wrapped candy piece outside, however, she just can't keep herself from bouncing off the walls and having a shrill outburst of a voice.

okay name one troll who would want to hang around with her
she's either psychotic or she's screaming oh lord

Quote:
If anyone thinks they can tell her otherwise, they're sure to get a busted lip or a broken nose.

watch out guys we got a badass over here
you know if she did that to someone above her her blood caste, she's dead, right

Quote:
Spontaneity

when has this even been a strength
really
strengths are supposed to make other people like them, or help the troll be a better member of society, or something useful

Quote:
Monstrous Power- A random occurance that can come from Asella being off her sugar is her strength. While most days it's easily kept under wraps, the minute she suffers any kind of withdrawal, she can even put her lusus through a wall with little to no effort. This wouldn't be such a good thing if it's turned against you...

if that doesn't scream "over powered" I don't know what does

Quote:
Her makeup is overly exaggerated, being orange just above her lashes and becoming yellow up to her brow from there. Underneath, she wears either her blood color or green just beneath her lash line, with dots of blue along the tops of her cheeks just for an extra color. Her upper lip is black, her lower lip is dark purple.

not only is that extremely tacky (Kanaya would be ashamed) but no.... troll.... wears something that color.........

PS oops maybe I was a little too harsh but this needs some serious re-thinking bro  

wasserplane

Faithful Trickster

20,550 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cookie Collector 400

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:35 pm
1. Yeaaaah, didn't think about the kid part... more the 'when she has boobs' part. She'll probably have something more normal as a kid. 8|a

2.Okay, I get this one. Maybe she caught sight of colorful toys at one point instead? This requires some thought.

NEXT
She's not cute. She only looks cute and has a voice like the tinkling of bells, pretty much. The rest of her is pretty nasty and antisocial. I never said she was actually cutesy. Besides being hyper.
I guess a good way to describe her would be HEAVILY sarcastic.

I am going to make that official as soon as I can figure out how to word it into what I've got typed up? |D

And being spontaneous is good? If it suits her, she would help out a project. Of course, she'd never interact with the other person, just kinda... do what she wants to do, then go about her day.

And her "power" isn't used at all when she's in her normal hyper state, and she makes sure to NEVER run out of candy if she can help it. This is one of those things that might never happen, so it really shouldn't be up there, I guess...

Tacky does not apply to a troll with no fashion sense. 8U
She likes color, and will NEVER submit to full gray and black. That is one of the few things that would make her absolutely miserable, to have no color at all.  
Application Quests

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff