Welcome to Gaia! ::

★ The Random Guild: Random People Unite! [[Since 2008]] ★

Back to Guilds

"The Random Guild is like a giant family, except you never get tired of anyone!" - Toxic Pepper 

Tags: Random, Contest, Gold, Friends, Hangout 

Reply 10: Anime Chat
Looking for anime to watch? Check out this list! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dichlorobenzene

5,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:10 pm
If I may, compile a list? Feel free to comment, I'll update as I watch more. For the most part, these will all be SFW* anime, some dubbed, some subbed. Title links are to full wikipedia articles, which have spoilers abound. A spoiler-free summary is posted here, along with perhaps links on where to watch.

*"But Para, what does SFW mean?"
SFW stands for Safe For Work. SFW anime does NOT, for the most part, include nudity. I'm not watching every episode of every anime listed here, but for the most part, I can guarantee lack of nudity. I cannot ascertain if there will be copious amounts of swearing, but I try to mark what I can.

Feel free to ask for clarifications about any anime!

Angel Beats!
"In a world after death, angels fight for their fate and their future. Yuri, the leader of the Shinda Sekai Sensen, rebels against the god who destined her to have an unreasonable life. On the other hand, Angel, the chairperson of the student council for the world after death, battles against the SSS members. SSS members utilize armed weaponry to battle it out against the angels harnessing supernatural powers."
Pros - Good in-anime band, funny characters, looks really nice.
Cons - Plot is skipped out in favor of explaining the characters. Makes you love them, but there's still a bit of lacking plot.
Episodes - 13, Completed
WATCH!

Bleach
Ichigo Kurosaki, a 15 year old boy with the ability to see spirits, has his life take a drastic turn when he meets Rukia Kuchiki, a soul reaper chasing after a Hollow. When she becomes severely injured, Rukia shares her powers with Ichigo, becoming helpless. Ichigo kills the Hollow, and our story begins as Rukia is stranded in the human world until her strength is regained.
This is where our story begins. However, it is worth to note that there are several arcs of the anime now, and I've only explained the beginning of the first.
Pros - Good humor, character designs aren't too out there for practical fighters, storyline is good
Cons - Some arcs are extremely drawn out, and the fight scenes are often interrupted mid battle for an entire episode of flashbacks, or just talking.
Episodes - 358, Incomplete
WATCH!

TO BE CONTINUED! I'll update when I can, as I think of more/more are requested!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:45 pm
Bleach, it's awesome and so many hotties to drool over.  

FluffyPinkChaos

Seasonal Saint

31,200 Points
  • Amateur Snowfriend Architect 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100

Kitsuen-chan

8,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:21 pm
Defiantly Bleach! rofl *agrees with person above her*  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:06 pm
I suggest adding Kaichou wa Maid-sama, it's a great anime to watch.  

Empress of Arcadia

Revered Healer

28,800 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Confectioner’s Sweetest Confession 100

jandersonjr

Loyal Girl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:16 pm
You may wanna watch "Rosario + Vampire", there's finally an English-dubbed version presented by Funimation.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:02 pm
I LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEE
Fruits Basket C:
And Chobits
♥  

PaigeAE

tai-lerr--x

Dapper Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:27 am
Lol, lots of my friends Bleach too.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:42 am
I've been watching to k-on

it's great
an awesome choice  

1mb4tm4n

10,700 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200

Rambiln_Red_Rose

Friendly Receiver

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:47 pm
I like Rosario + Vampire. You might wanna add that to the list.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:11 pm
even though Inuyasha is getting old, i still love it!  

samoas677

8,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Eevee_starx

8,525 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:54 pm
Chobits and bleach! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:50 pm
If you like gag anime, then watch Squid Girl or Axis Powers Hetalia. For a comedy/action/harem mix, Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka and Rosario + Vampire are good. I would almost recommend Deadman Wonderland for action/drama fans due to its original concept, great characters, and awesome fight sequences, but it has one of the worst endings I've ever seen and completely ruins what could've been a great series. For regular action fans, check out Blue Exorcist (or Ao no Exorcist, as you may find it titled), Bleach (despite how bored I got with that series, it still has some pretty good fights), and maybe Inuyasha if you're willing to commit to a LONG series. Finally, for ecchi fans, a perfect series is Green Green, just avoid the god-awful dub.  

Alucard Belmont Reborn

Magnetic Entrepreneur

13,075 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

ItsyBitsyChemist

4,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:07 pm
Agent Snake 93
If you like gag anime, then watch Squid Girl or Axis Powers Hetalia. For a comedy/action/harem mix, Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka and Rosario + Vampire are good. I would almost recommend Deadman Wonderland for action/drama fans due to its original concept, great characters, and awesome fight sequences, but it has one of the worst endings I've ever seen and completely ruins what could've been a great series. For regular action fans, check out Blue Exorcist (or Ao no Exorcist, as you may find it titled), Bleach (despite how bored I got with that series, it still has some pretty good fights), and maybe Inuyasha if you're willing to commit to a LONG series. Finally, for ecchi fans, a perfect series is Green Green, just avoid the god-awful dub.

Totally agree with Agent right there about Axis Powers Hetalia xd I used to hate History until I came across this anime, and after that my perspective changed and whenever someone mentions a country I think of their respective caricature sweatdrop

I'd recommend Chobits and X/1999 biggrin Maybe Lucky Star as well?

Anyone watched Scrapped Princess? emotion_c8

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:09 pm
TokerBitch
I LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEE
Fruits Basket C:
And Chobits

Me too!!! ^^
Also Sgt. Frog. that one is hilarious 3nodding  

Terra Kirin

5,025 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Dichlorobenzene

5,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:42 pm
Wow, I really forgot about this!

Haha, I'll get to updating this soon with all the suggestions, and currently going through the Netflix list of anime.  
10: Anime Chat

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff