Submit

Sakura Anata

Beloved Elder

6,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:30 am
Hey girls ! Well I wanted to open a new topic to help the girls on here. Ive been a makeup artist for five years, and an cosmetologist for a year. If you have any questions about hair, makeup, skincare or nails please post here. I will help ya'll to the best of my knowledge.
heart

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:50 pm
MissLuna88

YAY! Then I am in luck xD
I know nothing about hair or to take care of it.
I have what you would call fluffy/wavy hair and I don't know what to do with it. I mean it isn't dry or anything but all i do is put it in a bun/ ponytail and sometimes pig tails but that is about it. I love my hair when it's long but I never know what to do with it ;.;
Have any tips <3
Well Be most helpful ^^

pure as snow

Fashionable Fairy

Sakura Anata

Beloved Elder

6,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:51 pm
pure as snow
MissLuna88

YAY! Then I am in luck xD
I know nothing about hair or to take care of it.
I have what you would call fluffy/wavy hair and I don't know what to do with it. I mean it isn't dry or anything but all i do is put it in a bun/ ponytail and sometimes pig tails but that is about it. I love my hair when it's long but I never know what to do with it ;.;
Have any tips <3
Well Be most helpful ^^

Well Hello love hope your doing well. First we can start with whats your face shape? It helps to know depending on your face shape sometimes to differentiate what style to wear. One thing i can tell you in advance is you should't wear your hair up all the time it can break that way ( cause split ends) and also if it is tight in a bun or ponytail it can make your hairline recede and no one wants that sad If you like your hair down and its puffy you can always add a serum to your hair while blow drying that will get the puffy look away and scrunch or curl your hair away from your face in a counter clockwise curl to show your face off to the world smile Mouse works very well in wavy hair as well it keeps the wave/curl and defuses the frizz. Now when it comes to products I use on clients are: TIGI Bedhead Control Freak, Rusk Wired, Paul Mitchell Super Skinny, or even at your drug store Frizz Ease Hair Serum. If you post a pic I can get more depth into it on exactly what to do with your hair but for now I hope that helps a little. Goodluck heart

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:29 pm
Hey! (:
I was wondering what to do with my hair, cause I don't ever put it up or do anything with it, just leave it down.
[x]
(Sorry for the terrible quality, and blurred my face out cause my parents are paranoid ;o)
Do you have any suggestions?

x-Shadow Wind

Atomic Poppy

Girl-Crazy Smoker

8,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:31 pm
Whoot! I'm lucky then xD
I think I have hair problems. I also get tons of split ends in my hair no matter what. Like 3 inches of my hair are filled with split ends D: Advice? :c  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:46 am
Atomic Poppy
Whoot! I'm lucky then xD
I think I have hair problems. I also get tons of split ends in my hair no matter what. Like 3 inches of my hair are filled with split ends D: Advice? :c

my mom told me that if you mix egg, olive oil, and mayo together and put it in your hair before you wash it makes it smooth and shiny which is true because she puts it in my hair (i still think it is kinda gross) and it works great! oh and at least leave it on for 20 minutes. (: i hope i helped you a bit.  

-Magical Glider-

Frezeal

Shameless Elder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:59 pm
Alright, alright. What can I substitute for an eye primer? I heard concealer works but I am not sure.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:45 pm
You are about to be flooded with questions!

Any tips for applying pencil eye-liner to your upper lid?
I never leave the house without eye-shadow on (I know I'm crazy) but I always feel like my makeup is too 'fancy' for my attire (being skinny jeans, a tight v-neck shirt and converse) any colors you would recommend? or just suck it up and don't wear eye-shadow X D and my eyes are green.

Thank you so much for doing this!

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

fawn freckles

Anxious Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:06 pm

Hi!
This is a quite nice thing to do for us. Thank you! :3

Well, my personal concern is that I have combination skin that gets too oily during the summer (I live in a tropical island and the weather is killer for my skin). I only wear translucent powder for my face because anything else just melts into my pores. It seems. gonk
Do you know what skincare products/routine I should try so that my face is not that oily looking anymore?
Also, what is your opinion on bb creams? I've read/heard that it's a "miracle" cream that Koreans use and have been curious about it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:50 pm
fire and ice skater
Atomic Poppy
Whoot! I'm lucky then xD

my mom told me that if you mix egg, olive oil, and mayo together and put it in your hair before you wash it makes it smooth and shiny which is true because she puts it in my hair (i still think it is kinda gross) and it works great! oh and at least leave it on for 20 minutes. (: i hope i helped you a bit.

:O I going to try that! Thank you! heart  

Atomic Poppy

Girl-Crazy Smoker

8,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Shimo Kousetsu

Snuggly Blob

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:22 am
I've been wearing makeup for years and have never really "gotten it right" I don't think. gonk

I have oily skin; if I put on foundation and then powder within thirty minutes my face is shiny. If I reapply powder it looks really made-up and fake. I recently started using a primer, but it makes maybe an hour's difference.
Also, when I wear eyeliner/eyeshadow, within an hour it's either all over my upper lid or smeared away from oil+blinking. Any way to remedy? D:  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:48 am
Wow lots of post sorry i didn't reply earlier i was on unexpected vacation but now that im home i can answer everyone's questions by the end of the day

Sakura Anata

Beloved Elder

6,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150

Sakura Anata

Beloved Elder

6,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:51 am
x-Shadow Wind
Hey! (:
I was wondering what to do with my hair, cause I don't ever put it up or do anything with it, just leave it down.
[x]
(Sorry for the terrible quality, and blurred my face out cause my parents are paranoid ;o)
Do you have any suggestions?

Hello Shadow Wind smile Ok for you your hair i love how it is now heart You could always add long shredded layers to it, it will give it a little more texture to your hair. Also I can see you in some long lolita curls (ringlet) if you have a curling iron. Start at the bottom curling clockwise, then next layer counterclockwise. Till your done curling it and if its too curly for your liking, just with your fingers tousle your hair a bit for a wavy look.Your bangs would go amazing with it. heart Hope that helps. razz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:03 am
HELP! gonk

Look at this picture:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

See the green? When my face is relaxed, there are dark lines on the sides of my nose where the green lines are. Kind of like Itachi from Naruto, they are so dark they looked almost bruised!

See the red color? Those are where dark giant pits form under my eyes when I smile! gonk It's like my lower eye lids and cheeks are mountains with a valley in between!

For the lines I try to use concealer but it takes a lot to make them fade and by a lot I mean until it starts to look caked! Any tips?

For the pits, I tried various methods from concealer to light eye shadow to brighten them up and make them less noticeable but when my face is relaxed, you can see the lighter strip where the make-up is! gonk Help!  

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers