Starting an internet band. Read entire first post. Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x.Marsh[mel]low.x
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:26 pm
See, then band I have now is moving slower than a flippin snail, and I NEED to make music. So, I'm starting an internet band.

~*~The Kind of Music~*~
Anything from punk to heavy metal to screamo.

~*~How it works~*~
One of us will come up with an idea, and send it out to everyone in the band to add onto. Then we discuss it as a group, make a few changes and then put it together.

~*~Prefferences~*~
I prefer that you have msn messenger, though I do have AIM, but rearely use it anymore. I no longer use my Yahoo. It's just for the sake of IMing, instead of having just the account here. However, if you do not have MSN or AIM, then we can still work it out.

~*~Requirements~*~
You must know how to play your instrument and you must have skill. Sorry if you're just learning, this is a serious band that I want to kick off. You MUST have a way of recording the music. I will peice it together and edit it, but it's up to you to record your part. Also, I need a little bit of dedication at least.

~*~Possitions needing to be filled~*~
Drummer: Must be able to write original drum beats (Not the typical bass, snare, bass bass, snare) and be able to play both fast and slow rhythms.

Vocalist: Screamer. I'm not gonna lie to you, I have a vision of this band. It's going to be pretty heavy, and I would prefer to have a screamer. Also, the screamer has to know how to sing decently, for certain parts of a song. Must have the ability to write lyrics. Female and Male possitions avalable!

Bassist: Has to have talent in fast, heavy, and original beats that do not always blend in and back up the guitar.

=>optional<= pianist: We're going to need a few keyboard peices, not just classical piano. If no one fills this before we get started, I'll fill it as I can play piano as well.

~*~Members~*~
Guitarist: Mel
Bassist: Lantis0001
Female Vocalist: Tungska Butterfly
Male Vocalist:
Drummer:
Pianist: Riyoku Sakimori

~*~Extra possitions~*~
Solos:
code_punk
spyxz27

Drum beats:
Tungska Butterfly

Extra guitar riffs:
gummy_friend

Extra vocal help:
Tungska Butterfly
gummy_friend

If you'd like to help with anything, let me know and I might be able to add you to the list! =D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:29 pm
I could do some back-ups if you wish... send me your riff and ill spice it

cambam90@hotmail.com

Camdon

x.Marsh[mel]low.x
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:26 pm
Naw, I'll stick with the guitar.... thanks for the offer though....

I might need a little help with writing solos in a bit though...

For those who want it, here's the first project roughly and randomly recorded....

http://www.files.bz/files/2008/sample riff.MP3

ignore the shitty drum loop and mistakes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:54 pm
I can sing pretty well, I guess. I dunno, I'd have to sleep on it. If you need lyrics, though, I write really good poetry/lyrics(according to my friends and teachers), and if you give me a song, a theme for the lyrics, and other specifics, I'd be more than happy to help.  

Teh Rock

x.Marsh[mel]low.x
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:16 pm
writing would help, but I'm looking for a screamer x_x  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:16 am
Count me in. I'll do bass stuff and/or any other guitar parts needed. I can also sequence drums for now, until we get a drummer.

(hint hint we need more drummers here)

:Edit:

Threw this together, still learning the GT-8, but enjoy!  

Lantis0001

x.Marsh[mel]low.x
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:21 pm
=D!!!! I love it!

it makes me smile X) If we can get a screamer and drummer then it'll be awesome!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:20 pm
I play some mean drumming especially for Metal. Hard and fast Slow and Powerful whatever. O and how are we gonna do this stuff like record then mix it all together or what?  

eddievedder#1

x.Marsh[mel]low.x
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:03 pm
Kickass.

Yes, you'll send the files and I'll mix them. If you're gonna drum, you'll probably end up starting most of the tunes. Just describe what the beat is doing and have the verses and choruses long enough to go somewhere. Also, make sure there is alot of variety to what you're playing.

Could you post a recording of you playing?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:08 am
Screamer screamer :foams at the mouth:.

We must find a screamer!

x.Marsh[mel]low.x
Captain

x.Marsh[mel]low.x
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:06 pm
:seeths some more:.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:32 pm
I'll give screaming a go .... I've wanted to try something like this for a while. I can write lyrics as dark as you'd like ...

I'm also studying sound engeneering in college, so I could be of use in mixing. I know my way around a sampler, a drum machine and a synth too ... if you're interested.

I can't make the links you guys gave work crying  

Tungska Butterfly

Tungska Butterfly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:36 pm
Oh wait, just got them to work!

They sound really good! I'll throw together some of my riffs and things tonight, although they're probably more industrial than what you're looking for, still, if you like 'em they're yours, if not, I'm sure I'll find another use for them!

I can't get you a sample of my screaming voice voice at the moment, the only ones I have are from about 4 years ago when I was taking the piss! Plus, it's like 12.30 here right now, so while I can silence my amps, I can't silence any vocals! I'll get them up asap though.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:56 pm
I can do keyboard ^^ I'm good with classical, rock, contemporary, pop and R&B.... you can also count on me if you want vid-game style music ^^ I just don't do very good jazz.  

Nyanfood

Sparkly Lunatic

7,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100

Tungska Butterfly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:39 am
I can't play any of those styles! i can play synths like Kraftwerk or NIN, but nothing fiddly! Unless you wanna bit of synth bass....  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff