Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChibiLlama4

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:44 pm
I just got back from an errand run to Target... and I walk past this girl, couldn't have been older than 8 or 9 years old... wearing pumps that I would only DARE to wear in costume. They looked like hooker boots.
Is it just me? Or is that just absurd?

(Worst of all, they didn't even match with the rest of her outfit, which WAS age appropriate!!)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:57 pm
I mean lately things have been starting very young now a days.
Like little kids raping other little kids.
Saying bad words
Drugs
etc.

I think that is very absurd, I don't think she doesn't have a choice though. I mean sometimes we have to remember that this little kids have bad role models... ;.;

pure as snow

Fashionable Fairy

ChibiLlama4

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:02 pm
pure as snow
Saying bad words
Drugs
etc.

I think that is very absurd, I don't think she doesn't have a choice though. I mean sometimes we have to remember that this little kids have bad role models... ;.;

So true...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:07 pm
I don't see the big deal. it's just shoes. I mean, I can understand revealing clothing or something, but heels aren't that big of a deal. Some little kids like to dress up and wear 'big kid' clothes. Maybe she just really likes wearing 'girly' shoes and wanted to wear them. Really, it's just like buying the plastic little kid heels for them, just those ones are real.  

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

Gv get dxrvh lkkjvgcf
Crew

Tipsy Sweetheart

14,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:53 pm
ChibiLlama4
pure as snow
Saying bad words
Drugs
etc.

So true...

LOL. ^^
But yeah, the media really has had an effect on little kids. Take Hanna Montana, Miley started out being on the family channel all nice and what not, then BAM! she's into drugs and smoking and alcohol. I mean, a lot of smaller kids looked up to her and now she, and pretty much everyone else in the Fame world are turning the naive into crazy.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:25 pm
It's a matter of what the child is influenced by, really. That includes the media, parents, and peers.

But it's just heels. (I stay away from those, honestly.) At least she wasn't doing drugs. That'd be a little extreme.

I don't blame the children completely. At that age, I wasn't good at making decisions at that age either, at least not alone. I blame the fact that on a lot of shows there is sex, or references to sex. Same with drugs.

gas powered stick

Denkou Soshiatae

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:19 pm
ll-Frantic-ll
I don't see the big deal. it's just shoes. I mean, I can understand revealing clothing or something, but heels aren't that big of a deal. Some little kids like to dress up and wear 'big kid' clothes. Maybe she just really likes wearing 'girly' shoes and wanted to wear them. Really, it's just like buying the plastic little kid heels for them, just those ones are real.

I think the shoes she was talking about weren't those kinds of shoes.
There ARE nice dress shoes for children to wear, some of them high heels. Those are made for children, and are appropriate and such.
The shoes she was talking about, as it seems, were the ones normally worn by adults, especially woman to be provocative. There is a difference between a pare of pink short heels than a pare of hot red stilettos.
Its sort of like a little girl wearing a hooters shirt or those "juicey" shorts, and someone saying that it's just a shirt. It's not, it is associated with mature things.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:34 pm
Denkou Soshiatae
I think the shoes she was talking about weren't those kinds of shoes.
There ARE nice dress shoes for children to wear, some of them high heels. Those are made for children, and are appropriate and such.
The shoes she was talking about, as it seems, were the ones normally worn by adults, especially woman to be provocative. There is a difference between a pare of pink short heels than a pare of hot red stilettos.
Its sort of like a little girl wearing a hooters shirt or those "juicey" shorts, and someone saying that it's just a shirt. It's not, it is associated with mature things.

Totally read that wrong. I was thinking that she was talking about normal heels, not stilettos. Yea, that's just as bad as the other stuff. Not to mention, that if she has the heels, she probably has some clothing at home to go with them. x_x  

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:57 pm
The media and kid's parents and older siblings has made them grow up sooo fast!
Its heartbreaking!
You have 10 year olds doing drugs
8 year old in heals and booty shorts!
Not to mention all the little kids out their using words I didn't even think of until I was 13!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:11 pm
The end of the world is coming near. :c  

Atomic Poppy

Girl-Crazy Smoker

8,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

winxgirl21

Romantic Fairy

8,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:55 am
I think it's just sad that little girls are wearing stuff like that sad
stilettos are definitely not age appropriate at 8.
I went shopping with a 10 year old yesterday, and she was trying on really high heels and wanted to buy them. Her mom told her flat out no, and I agreed. They weren't age appropriate, and they were definitely too mature for her. Heck, I probably wouldn't have even worn them!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:03 pm
God I would never wear that! One of my friends when we were only about 10 years old she would wear heels,bras,thongs,mini skirts & shorts spaghetti straps. I would NEVER wear that at such a young age I barely wear stuff like that now! When I was 10 I cursed but I diddn't go much farther then that...  

xX_Destiny_XxX

Chatty Sex Symbol

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Millionaire 200

M i n i R e d S t a r s

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:33 pm
I dont like seeing young children dressing inappropriatly, it's quite sad. But it all has to do with role model. Maybe they have an older sibling who dresses that way, so they dress the same way because they think that is the way to dress. Shoes are fine i guess, but if it comes to skirts and shorts only just long enough to cover your butt cheeks or skimpy tops, they may have a bad rolemodel. When i was 8 or 9 i was in shorts and shirts or skirts and shorts. Even now i dont wear anything shorter then, mid thigh, and if i do i wear leggings or stockings under. (Id ont like revealing myself)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:23 pm
Kids these days! Doing drugs, drinking, swearing at around 3 - 4 years old (I had one call me very inappropriate names for no reason what so ever), dressing in high heels and wearing makeup. Not to mention there is little kids now having sex.

It's sad to see kids not grow up how I grew up, where the "bad words" were never repeated again if you said them, and everyone was friendly. Heck! the kids I grew up with were dressed in pants and a t-shirt running around covered in mud and grass stains, with wrecked up sneakers from falling over so many times!

-_-; Now we have kids not wanting to be kids, because their too busy following someones behaviors and style.

I feel bad for them, but i'm also terrified of the future children, and if their going to act worse...  

Cinna Feather

Shirtless Lover

5,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:19 pm
I wore heels once when I was younger, about six. Even then, they were for a wedding, and they were less than an inch. That's just terrible.  
04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff