Reply 13. ✿ - - - Animals And Nature
getting a Ferret!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x-Rainbow_Alpacaz-x

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:03 pm
Well... it's the only thing I want for Christmas... so.. I'm hoping it's here.

Not to mention I've gotten my hopes up and Dad isn't one to let his little girl's hopes come tumbling down.

So... I want one that looks.. like... this...

If it's a girl, Ima name it Verity. If it's a boy, I'm naming it Bandit. (:

I swear, if I have a job before I get it, it's going to be SPOILED~
As soon as I get enough money, I'm getting him a two story cage... because I hear they're hyper, so I want him to have room to move >.<

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:40 pm
Ferrets are so awesome! I had three when I was a kid, they are really active, it's funny watching them bounce around and crawl under doors and things, you'll have to be careful though, they will go to the bathroom in corners and such. If you're going to get only one you should probably get a bunch of toys for it also, maybe hamster tunnels will also be a good investment  

Mistress Zelda Uzikua

Vampire

5,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200

x-Rainbow_Alpacaz-x

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:45 pm
Mistress Zelda Uzikua
Ferrets are so awesome! I had three when I was a kid, they are really active, it's funny watching them bounce around and crawl under doors and things, you'll have to be careful though, they will go to the bathroom in corners and such. If you're going to get only one you should probably get a bunch of toys for it also, maybe hamster tunnels will also be a good investment

Oh, I was so going to get it toys. ;D
Something tells me I won't be able to take it out of the house often,so I want it to be entertained.
We have a dachshund... so I don't them fighting x.X
How big do ferrets really get? (:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:23 pm
Uhm...I had an albino that got pretty big..., it could easily take on my cat and once he went after my German Shepard. but with his size, i believe he was like..may the length of the cat and about up to his torso...Maybe I'm exaggerating it was a LONG time ago lol All I know is that he was big and had a fetish for paper towels lol But yeah, Ferrets really shouldn't go outside unless you have a harness and leash, cuz of course they can get lost easily lol  

Mistress Zelda Uzikua

Vampire

5,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200

x-Rainbow_Alpacaz-x

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:36 pm
I have a harness that I used on my rabbit and old puppy. (:
If it isn't small enough we'll buy a new one. I'd hate for the poor thing to be cooped up all the time. o.o

And we have a stray cat too xD  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:16 pm
Ha, yeah we had a stray cat around here, but now she's a complete house cat...that reminds me, make sure not to feed the ferret cat food, it's bad for their digestive tract  

Mistress Zelda Uzikua

Vampire

5,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200

x-Rainbow_Alpacaz-x

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:21 pm
Mistress Zelda Uzikua
Ha, yeah we had a stray cat around here, but now she's a complete house cat...that reminds me, make sure not to feed the ferret cat food, it's bad for their digestive tract

haha, I could guess.

I never even let my dog eat cat food. (:
they eat the right animal food xD  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:25 pm
Same...I can't really think of anything else to tell you about ferrets that could help...if I think of anything else i'll let you know  

Mistress Zelda Uzikua

Vampire

5,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200

Mistress Zelda Uzikua

Vampire

5,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:38 pm
oh, don't get clumpable cat litter for the ferrets, it can get caught in their paws and they could end up eating it  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:34 pm
Ohhh that sounds really cool. I am not that experienced with animals myself but you sound like you know what your doing. Dont even have a dog but i really really wants one!!!

Beyond sky

Romantic Reveler

Jarsha

Golden Gekko

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:55 pm
Cute! I suggest buying it lots of toys. Also, experiment with treats. Not all pets like the same thing, like my guinea pig, some of them like celery, but mine liked carrots. Don't stock up on one type of treat, cause if he/she doesn't like it then you're stuck with it! lol but good luck with your ferret 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:57 pm
Beyond sky
Ohhh that sounds really cool. I am not that experienced with animals myself but you sound like you know what your doing. Dont even have a dog but i really really wants one!!!

Dogs are really good companions~
This is going to sound sappy and you believe it.. but they really are there for you all the time xD

@Zelda:

If I get a two story cage -they have those at Petsmart.... what do you recommend filling it with? o.o  

x-Rainbow_Alpacaz-x

emu_kimu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:12 pm
I love ferrets!! I live with two at the moment who are kind of old. They are still so much fun!! Here are some tips:

1. if it is going to be an "only ferret" get it some toys. Anything that can make noise that they won't be able to choke on works. I got my ferret a ball with a bell in it and they had a blast.

2. Be sure to let it out at least once a day and to give it plenty of attention.

3. I would recommend that you do not fill your cage with anything. My ferrets like to dig when they protest about something. What I have put instead are training pads for puppies. You change it when you feel it is nessicary, take out the bottom of the cage and give it a good squirt down with something that takes out the scent of Ferret waste. I recommend this product called "Nature's Miracle". It removes the scent and it helps train the ferret to only go in the litter pan.

4. put something like wood pelletes in the litter pan. Litter made of recycled newspaper product works well too. Just don't use scoop-able cat liter.

5. Keep the cage clean. Ferrets get sick easily.

6. Take them to the vet to get checked regularly. You see, when I bought Ferrets from the pet store, some of them are inbreed. So they would get really sick. Sometimes you cannot prevent it, but it's a good idea to take them to a vet when you notice something strange, especially if they are dragging their hind end on the ground a lot.

7. If you do get another Ferret, be sure to stay in the same room as them while they get acquainted. Things sometimes get rough when they first meet, but usually they work out well. Ferrets just tend to fight sometimes when they first meet.

Ferrets are a lot of fun in the end. :3 I hope you enjoy your ferret for a long time.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:35 pm
i used to have a ferret. she had a two story cage, as well as a giant playpen. we spoiled her so bad. except she got sick and the medicine was too expensive so we passed her on to a friend who could afford to take care of her...

um, if you have other pets, like birds or fish or rodents, make sure your ferret doesn't find them because ferrets are carnivores and they will try to eat your other small pets (mine tried to eat my fish).  

Tsiklop

Dapper Humorist

Mistress Zelda Uzikua

Vampire

5,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:30 am
x-Rainbow_Alpacaz-x
Beyond sky

Dogs are really good companions~
This is going to sound sappy and you believe it.. but they really are there for you all the time xD

@Zelda:

If I get a two story cage -they have those at Petsmart.... what do you recommend filling it with? o.o

We had a two story cage too, the bottom had the bathroom box while the top had food, water and their bed, we actually modified the cage a bit so the tunnels would go outside and loop around to the bottom, but they also had a stair case on the inside incase they were too lazy lol  
13. ✿ - - - Animals And Nature

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff