Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Official Post Your Progress Guild*~ Writers Support!

Back to Guilds

We support fellow writers by tracking and displaying word and page counts. 

Tags: Writing, Write, Poetry, Novels, Stories 

Reply Plot/Character/Genre Discussion
Delete: A World Inside a World

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sapphirianna

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:06 pm
I'm trying to get my writing back on track, so I've been brainstorming, and this came up.

"Delete: A World Inside a Word"

The life inside of a computer is boring if there's nothing to do, right? So what we have here are Programs: beings made entirely of codes that actually have feelings, personalities, and such.

The Master (owner of the computer and the person who created the Programs) vanished years ago, and his computer (to eliminate all stupid comments, we'll say that this computer is a super computer, okay?) is still running. While he's gone, the Programs begin building their own world that imitates the world outside. Soon, some of the Programs grow corrupted and seize the world.

Our main character is a Program who dreams of seeing the outside world. A dreamer girl who is just a simple Program with barely any talents and can't really see her use. And she sets out on a journey through the endless world the Programs have created for themselves. But she runs into a few Viruses that threaten to delete the entire outside world once they unlock the secret of becoming human. Our main character must act quickly if she wants to keep her Master's realm from being destroyed, thus obliterating their existence as well.

Any comments?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:39 pm
Well, the first part sounded alot like TRON, but since your main character is actually a program, it started to sound a little more original. Of course, I have no idea how you imagine the computer world, which may be a lot different.
I like the part about the viruses. Perfect villain.

This would be a cool story for you to do. I always picture myself getting sucked into the computer world, and its fun. Would the computer world all be the same setting, or would the characters hop from website to website?  

Arlingtonn

Sapphirianna

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:02 am
Little Normandy
Well, the first part sounded alot like TRON, but since your main character is actually a program, it started to sound a little more original. Of course, I have no idea how you imagine the computer world, which may be a lot different.
I like the part about the viruses. Perfect villain.

This would be a cool story for you to do. I always picture myself getting sucked into the computer world, and its fun. Would the computer world all be the same setting, or would the characters hop from website to website?

I've never seen TRON, actually, so the fact that it's a little similar is completely coincidental.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:01 am
Sounds interesting, and having not seen TRON but knowing the basic idea, it does sound similar.

What I'd suggest to make it different and to avoid accusations is this:

The Master was a man who created the programs, but became so much in love with the world he had created, that he transferred his human form into a data packet in the computer, and in doing so, became the CPU. Due to a human becoming a program, his mind couldn't handle it. There's the REASON for corruption.

The rest of your story can stay the same. I'm pretty sure this deviates enough from TRON to be safe.

Good idea though!  

ecopper12

Plot/Character/Genre Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces