Reply 14. ✿ - - - Anime And Manga
Anime rape o_O Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lieutenant Katherine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:17 pm
(I hope that this is the right subforum. If not, then would a crew/vice captain move it?)

So I watched this anime (Koisuru Boukun OVA part 3) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0A2I8AipEE&feature=related

Okay now its a yaoi, sent by me from my Yaoi obsessed Cousin Lisa.
(this is for those who didnt watch it)
Basically there are two guys- a long haired guy who has a foul temper and hates homos (he hates his little brother since he turned out to be a homo), and a short haired gay guy who is obsessed with the long haired guy.
So the friend of the short haired guy gave him a drug that would make any drink ultimately hornier, and the short haired guy kept it. A while later, he invited the long haired dude over for a round of drinks.
Well, the long haired guy drinks everything, and while the short haired guy is out getting more booze, the long haired one finds the drug which had been hidden in a cupboard and drinks it all.
So then the short haired guy returns and finds out wheat the long haired guy did and it seems the drug had no affect. Until that night, the long haired guy wakes up and notices he feels weird.
He tries to get up to go the restroom, but he keeps falling because of the drug, and wakes the short haired dude.
And then the short haired dude tries to help him stand, but he collapses and the long haired dude lands on him. So he sets the long haired guy down, against the end of the bed on the floor.
Well, the short haired guy grabs the long haired guys shoulders and the long haired guy realizes what the short haired guy wants and thinks that he was drugged so the short haired guy could get it.
The long haired guy magically gets up and almost punches the guy but falls over
Then the long haired guy realizes the bottle he found in the cupboard was the drug and they argue. He falls over again (I guess drinking a whole bottle of a drug is painful) and apparently the other guy thinks he needs help loosening the front of his pants to release the pain.
(I dont understand most of what they talk about because Im not a guy)
So the short haired guy opens the front for him (well against his will) and then grabs his crotch and starts rubbing it. (you hear a funny heartbeat thing from the short haired guy) And the he releases it and does a funny thing with his head, sits back up, and basically lifts the long haired guys shirt up (just up, not off. Note there was one button that wasnt undone yet) takes off his glasses, and begins to tweak with him like some sicko
Basically during the whole thing, the long haired guy kept telling the short haired guy to stop, but she short haired guy wouldnt. (Example, as when the short haired guy was pulling the long haired guys pants off, the long haired guy told him to stop, but the short haired guy refused to discontinue)

I wondered if this was rape because the long haired guy kept telling him to stop, but at the same time, did nothing to prevent him from doing that. I had half a dozen (or so it seemed) fangirls telling me that this was a normality in Yaoi (I only watch whatever she sends me).
But really, what is your opinion on this? Rape or just a normality? All of the other Yaois she has sent me.. Well none of them had this.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:29 pm
Its rape. If he didnt consent and was forced to against his will, then its rape.  

mechapod

chesiregirl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:38 pm
Both.
It's rape if he told him to stop and he didn't even IF it is a normal occurence in yaoi.
Unless the long haired guy later stopped protesting and let the short haired guy do whatever.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:05 pm
It's rape... He was pretty much forced against his will, if he was drugged.

You don't have to read this part:

Thinking that this was a normality is why there are yaoi fangirls who believe that rape is okay. It never is. It should never be. Rape is an act that leaves many people scarred, and saying insensitive things like 'rape is normal' is simply rude, because if they were ever to be raped, they wouldn't ever have the nerve to say those three words again.

I'm not trying to bash your cousin and those fangirls; I'm just telling you that you should watch out. T.V. and anime are influential, so you might want to make sure your cousin doesn't go in the wrong direction. If she ever says anything like I mentioned above, ask her how she would feel if she were raped. Really raped. You'll save her in more ways than one, imo.

Sorry, I know what I typed wasn't what you were asking about. I'm not a rape victim myself, and I'm sorry if I sound like a turd to you.  

sidenar

Handsome Shounen

2A30128

Shameless Heckler

12,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:36 pm
Yes, it's rape. Actually, rape is a common theme in yaoi. And then the rape victim learns to appreciate it through the story.
It's really sickening and how anyone can think that's okay is beyond me.
By the way, yaoi is in no way, shape or form like an actual gay couple's relationship. It's just smut for girls. neutral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:31 am
Evan NightWind
Its rape. If he didnt consent and was forced to against his will, then its rape.

I see  

Lieutenant Katherine

Lieutenant Katherine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:33 am
chesiregirl
Both.
It's rape if he told him to stop and he didn't even IF it is a normal occurence in yaoi.
Unless the long haired guy later stopped protesting and let the short haired guy do whatever.

No the long haired guy didnt. At least not verbally, but he sure didnt do anything physically to stop it. I see now  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:35 am
Stars4Siren
It's rape... He was pretty much forced against his will, if he was drugged.

You don't have to read this part:

Thinking that this was a normality is why there are yaoi fangirls who believe that rape is okay. It never is. It should never be. Rape is an act that leaves many people scarred, and saying insensitive things like 'rape is normal' is simply rude, because if they were ever to be raped, they wouldn't ever have the nerve to say those three words again.

I'm not trying to bash your cousin and those fangirls; I'm just telling you that you should watch out. T.V. and anime are influential, so you might want to make sure your cousin doesn't go in the wrong direction. If she ever says anything like I mentioned above, ask her how she would feel if she were raped. Really raped. You'll save her in more ways than one, imo.

Sorry, I know what I typed wasn't what you were asking about. I'm not a rape victim myself, and I'm sorry if I sound like a turd to you.

Nah its okay. I agree strongly about this myself and though I have asked her to stop being a yaoi fan, she will not. I see the point you brought up though  

Lieutenant Katherine

Lieutenant Katherine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:37 am
Shady-chan
Yes, it's rape. Actually, rape is a common theme in yaoi. And then the rape victim learns to appreciate it through the story.
It's really sickening and how anyone can think that's okay is beyond me.
By the way, yaoi is in no way, shape or form like an actual gay couple's relationship. It's just smut for girls. neutral

By golly, I dont even think I'll inquire further as to why rape is a popular theme in anime yaois. Ja, I wouldnt doubt it- that stuff is just crazy beyond reason- I mean its doesnt make much sense. (Btw, I must ask, but what is 'smut'? It sounds like something one would use to build a fire)  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:36 am
Lieutenant Katherine
By golly, I dont even think I'll inquire further as to why rape is a popular theme in anime yaois. Ja, I wouldnt doubt it- that stuff is just crazy beyond reason- I mean its doesnt make much sense. (Btw, I must ask, but what is 'smut'? It sounds like something one would use to build a fire)

Smut is a term for erotic stories. xD And I wouldn't know, either. I guess the mangakas have really weird rape fetishes, which is fine.
But that doesn't make it okay to make it seem like rape creates a good relationship.
When a guy rapes a girl in manga, it's bad, but in any yaoi it's okay because it's two guys getting it on and it's hot and smexy!!!1! No means yes!
They actually like it, they're just being baka moe tsunderes desu!!!!!!!!!! Um, yeah no, that's not how it works. neutral

2A30128

Shameless Heckler

12,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:51 pm
Lieutenant Katherine
I wondered if this was rape because the long haired guy kept telling him to stop, but at the same time, did nothing to prevent him from doing that. I had half a dozen (or so it seemed) fangirls telling me that this was a normality in Yaoi (I only watch whatever she sends me).
But really, what is your opinion on this? Rape or just a normality? All of the other Yaois she has sent me.. Well none of them had this.

If one person doesn't consent, it's rape. Especially since one guy was drugged; you can't consent at that point.

I don't read or watch a lot of yaoi, but I've gathered from friends and bloggers that it's a fairly common trope in the genre. You don't have to like rape plotlines to be a fan of yaoi, but you'll have to do some searching to find series that only have consensual sex.
Or just watch stuff like Hetalia or Tiger & Bunny where the yaoi pairings are all in the fans' heads to begin with. xd

Stars4Siren

So by your logic, people are influenced by TV and anime to believe that things that happen in fiction are okay in real life.

Following this logic for a second, I love Baccano! and Black Lagoon. I also enjoy several police procedural shows (along with Dexter), and I do play some violent video games. With all of the glorification of violence in my entertainment, it's a wonder I haven't gone out and killed someone yet.

Wait, no it isn't. I am intelligent enough to realize that what's acceptable in fictional stories isn't necessarily what's acceptable in real life. Violence and murder are okay in fiction because no actual people get hurt, but both are terrible in real life. Most people will have a similar opinion about their entertainment, and I'm sure you aren't an exception to this.

You're arguing that yaoi fans don't understand this difference, and equate rape of fictional characters with rape of actual people. I'm not a fan of yaoi, I find rape being presented as romantic in fiction to be absolutely appalling, and I still find this insulting. I've never met a yaoi fan that felt this way, and I'd guess that any fan that did equate fiction and reality has other problems worse than thinking that rape of actual people is okay.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:23 pm
Zephyrkitty
So by your logic, people are influenced by TV and anime to believe that things that happen in fiction are okay in real life.

Following this logic for a second, I love Baccano! and Black Lagoon. I also enjoy several police procedural shows (along with Dexter), and I do play some violent video games. With all of the glorification of violence in my entertainment, it's a wonder I haven't gone out and killed someone yet.

Wait, no it isn't. I am intelligent enough to realize that what's acceptable in fictional stories isn't necessarily what's acceptable in real life. Violence and murder are okay in fiction because no actual people get hurt, but both are terrible in real life. Most people will have a similar opinion about their entertainment, and I'm sure you aren't an exception to this.

You're arguing that yaoi fans don't understand this difference, and equate rape of fictional characters with rape of actual people. I'm not a fan of yaoi, I find rape being presented as romantic in fiction to be absolutely appalling, and I still find this insulting. I've never met a yaoi fan that felt this way, and I'd guess that any fan that did equate fiction and reality has other problems worse than thinking that rape of actual people is okay.

Not all people, though I do understand where you're coming from, since I did type like I thought this way.

What I'm saying is, there are some people that actually do think this way. I have met many fans that have acted this way and many that do not, and I am in no way trying to insult anyone. I apologize for insulting you, and in fact, those yaoi fans you have met are probably as level headed as you are, which is great. Like I said, I read yaoi myself every once in a while.

I believe half/most of the yaoi fan population does not believe that rape is okay, but there are many that do. It's just human nature to bond with those that have similarities with you (or to simply hate them, LOL), which is probably why you've never met anyone like I've mentioned that believe rape is okay.

Once again, I apologize for insulting you. I never meant to insult. But what the OP said is true. Many fans state that rape is a normality in Yaoi (yeah, I'm pretty sure you already know this), and it isn't untrue. It happens often and more often than not, the raped person falls in love with the rapist. And there are people that think this is cute? Yeah. There are.

If you'd like me to take off the last three paragraphs of my post, I will gladly do that. Just give the word, and that also goes to anyone else who believes what I have said insults them.  

sidenar

Handsome Shounen

Lieutenant Katherine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:43 pm
Shady-chan
Lieutenant Katherine

Smut is a term for erotic stories. xD And I wouldn't know, either. I guess the mangakas have really weird rape fetishes, which is fine.
But that doesn't make it okay to make it seem like rape creates a good relationship.
When a guy rapes a girl in manga, it's bad, but in any yaoi it's okay because it's two guys getting it on and it's hot and smexy!!!1! No means yes!
They actually like it, they're just being baka moe tsunderes desu!!!!!!!!!! Um, yeah no, that's not how it works. neutral

Thanks for explaining that lol. And the other part..I agree. all the yaois Ive been sent, the anger didnt last very long, unlike reality. Then they always get together. Such unrealism, I mean anger doesnt fade so easily as they make it seem in Yaoi  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:46 pm
Zephyrkitty
Lieutenant Katherine

If one person doesn't consent, it's rape. Especially since one guy was drugged; you can't consent at that point.

I don't read or watch a lot of yaoi, but I've gathered from friends and bloggers that it's a fairly common trope in the genre. You don't have to like rape plotlines to be a fan of yaoi, but you'll have to do some searching to find series that only have consensual sex.
Or just watch stuff like Hetalia or Tiger & Bunny where the yaoi pairings are all in the fans' heads to begin with. xd

What do you mean by 'cant consent?'  

Lieutenant Katherine

2A30128

Shameless Heckler

12,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:49 pm
Lieutenant Katherine
Thanks for explaining that lol. And the other part..I agree. all the yaois Ive been sent, the anger didnt last very long, unlike reality. Then they always get together. Such unrealism, I mean anger doesnt fade so easily as they make it seem in Yaoi

Exactly. I'm not really sure how a male would handle this, especially from a straight male, but when women are raped they are usually traumatized.
I'm sure a lot of anger is involved, and for sure blaming oneself, but these yaoi from what I've seen, try make the anger funny or cute (hence my "BAKA MOE TSUNDERE" explanation) or lessened to where it's merely annoyance: "Wow, okay, I said stop, moron," not "You are a horrible person who thinks that if you can't get consent, then it's okay to take it anyways. I hate you/you sicken me/etc." It annoys me. I'd like the stories a lot more if those didn't happen. neutral

14. ✿ - - - Anime And Manga

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff