Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply The White Tomb [Archives]
Chasers' Chamber Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AM I Ready?!
Yeah! Game on
100%
 100%  [ 14 ]
AHH! No not ready!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:17 pm
Welcome to The 2011 World Cup!

The first ever Quidditch World Cup was held in 1473 between Bulgaria and Romania.

But this Year the World Cup, will be between
Ireland VS. Peru

It has been 538 years since the first Quidditch World Cup and now, we are very lucky to have the Quidditch World Cup here at Hogwarts.

You brave and outstanding players have been selected to serve in the most coveted Quidditch position: Chaser!
Read the next few posts because it will give you the information you need to help your team win!

For those yet unaware who I am, I am Amelia Grey, Chasers' Referee!

In this case, the referee is just the one who awards the points and releases the trivia!

| Welcome | How to Play | Rules | Current Question | Chasers' Scoreboard | Previous Trivia Questions | World Cup Scoreboard | Hall of Fame |

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:18 pm
How to Play!

Chasers are the smartest, greatest, most awesome people on the Quidditch team!
Because of your awesomeness you're going to have to answer some trivia questions!
Simple no? Not at all
I will post a series of questions in the Current Questions post each week.
Each Chaser will get to send ONE PM to me each week with the answers to the questions.
The questions will be Harry Potter related. They're not going to be your average Dueling Club questions either!
Every correct Response will earn you ten points for your team!
Since you're awesome Chasers, if you get an answer wrong, you won't be penalized!

| Welcome | How to Play | Rules | Current Questions | Chasers' Scoreboard | Previous Trivia Questions | WorldCup Scoreboard | Hall of Fame |

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:19 pm
Rules!

You guys are going to be wonderful. However, I must enforce some rules and regulations:

If you're not a Chaser, you can still post here. However, I encourage you to do most of your chatting in the Stands

Never ever post a Trivia answer in this thread (or anywhere else). Answers should always be PMed to me

When sending trivia answers to me, please make sure the subject has your Team's Name AND the Series Number. The Series Number will be posted in the Current Question section of this thread.

Chasers are only allowed to send me ONE PM per Series. Multiple PMs (in a series) will cost your team points, even if the answers are correct!

If you have a question about how this game will work or anything else, ASK IT. I prefer you to post your questions here, there's no need to PM me a question.

Take the time out and sign some autographs with your fans. The Stands is the event's main hangout thread. Participation is key to win the House Cup!

| Welcome | How to Play | Rules | Current Question | Chasers' Scoreboard | Previous Trivia Questions | World Cup Scoreboard | Hall of Fame |

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:20 pm
Current Questions! (Series SIX)

Each 10 Points, May use a book for ONE question, and one question only, Also tell me which question you used it for!
exclaim ->Don't forget to READ the Last post on this page first before submitting your answers, where i place any recent announcement!<- exclaim
Read any other posts i have made!

1. In the Order of Phoenix, what is the name of the magazine Umbridge forbid students from reading due to an interview he did?

2. Describe the unmovable painting that sits in the office of the Muggle Prime Minister?

3. In the Sorceress Stone what did Harry receive for Christmas? (Name everything, 2 Points each)

4. What is the village where Voldermort lost all his powers and marked his equal?

5.Does Dumbledore have a pet? If so: What is it and what's his name?

6. To protect Sirius's identity what name does Harry put on his letters to Sirius?

7. What is the name of Sirius's relative that was once a Headmaster at Hogwarts?

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:21 pm
Chasers' Scoreboard!

Chasers in the lead: PERU !

Team Ireland : 870 points

Team Peru : 899 points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:23 pm
Previous Questions (with Answers)!

Series Uno
1. In the Chamber of Secrets who helped Harry get away from receiving a punishment when he was in Filch's Office, by making a distraction?
- Nearly Headless Nick
2. In the Goblet of Fire, how many Weasley's came to pick up Harry from the Dursley's? Who were they?
- Four, Mr. Weasley, Fred, George, and Ron
3. Why would Hagrid get in trouble for his pink umbrella?
- The remainders of his wand is said to be in the umbrella, (not allowed to use magic for being expelled)
4. In what books are there no Quidditch matches? (AT Hogwarts)
- Goblet of Fire and Deathly Hollows
5. When was the first time that Harry Potter apparated?
- Side-along apparation with Dumbledore, going to visit Slughorn. in Half Blood Prince

Series 2
In the Chamber of Secrets, Name, who was also attacked when Hermione was attacked?
-Penelope Clearwater
In the Goblet of Fire, In what magazine did Rita Skeeter publish “Harry Potter's Secret Heartache”?
-Witch Weekly
In the Sorcerer’s Stone Who was to take care of Norbert, when Hagrid couldn’t have him anymore?
-Charlie Wealsey
^^^ What was the plan to get Norbert to said person?
-Harry and Hermione was to take Norbert to the top of the Astronomy tower where Charlie's friends would help him by taking Norbert to Romania
In the Half Blood Prince, What were the items that Tom Riddle had in a box in his wardrobe?
- A silver thimble, a mouth organ, and a yo-yo

Series Three
What is the entire name of the school that Uncle Vernon told Aunt Marge Harry attended in Prisoner of Azkaban?
-Saint Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal Boys
In the Goblet of Fire name the treat that Fred dropped for Dudley to eat?
Ton Tongue Toffee
In the Order of Phoenix, what chapter did Firenze replace Trelawney?
-Chapter 27 or The Centaur and The Sneak
What are the three unforgivable curses (try to spell correctly)?
-The Imperius Curse (Imperio), the Cruciatus Curse (Crucio), and the Killing Curse (Avada Kedavra)
What was the Buckbeak's "new name" after he was freed, and stayed with Sirius?
-Witherwings

Series Quatre
1. In the Film Prizoner of Azkaban, what lessons did Hermione say the class was learning when Snape came in and taught about werewolves?
--Redcaps and Hinkypunks
2. Other than being Head of Gryffindor House, what other positions does Professor McGonagall have?
(Any two or more to get right)
--Deputy Headmistress, Transfiguration Professor or Member of Order of Phoenix
3. In the Half Blood Prince, What did Dumbledore say was his favorite flavor of jam?
--Rasberry
4. What three gifts did Harry receive for his birthday in the Prisoner of Azkaban? (Hermione, Ron, Hagrid)
--Broom Servicing Kit: Hermione
--Sneak-o-scope: Ron
--The Monster Book of Monsters : Hagrid
5. True or False, Every Defense of the Dark Arts Professor has stayed the entire year at Hogwarts?
--False, All of them left/died very shortly before the school year was over.
6. In the Order of Phoenix, who else were a patients in the same room Mr. Weasley was in during his time in the hospital? (No specific names, why were they there)
-- One was a man that had been bitten by a werewolf and the other was a woman that had a chuck bitten out of her leg and wouldn't say what had bitten her, they figured she must have been handling something illegal.
7. What was the entire name of said ^^^ Hospital?
-- St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries

Series FiVe
1. Name five of the eight books Harry needed to buy in Diagon Alley his first year at Hogwarts? (2 Points each)
-The Standard Book of Spells (Year 1), A History of Magic, A Beginners' Guide to Transfiguration, One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi, Magical Drafts and Potions, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self- Protection.
2. What House did Harry play against his first Quittditch match? (Who won, and what was the score?)<-counts as one Q. (5 points each)
-Slytherin, Gryffindor 170-60
3. When the Chamber of Secrets was first opened who was the victim killed?
- Moaning Myrtle
4. Dementors are said to be under the control of the ministry, What is their purpose?
- To Guard the Prison of Azkaban
5. In Deathly Hollows who did Harry and Hermione disguise themselves when the went to visit Godric's Hollow?
- An old Muggle couple
6. In Order of Phoenix what new position did Umbridge give herself at Hogwarts?
-High Inquisitor
7. What is the name of the book Madeye gave Neville in order to secretly help Harry in the Goblet of Fire?
- Magical Water Plants of the Mediterranean and Their Properties

This is where I will post the previous series of questions. Every time I post a new set, the older set will be moved here (with answers). Once the answers are posted, no points can be awarded.

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:24 pm
World Cup Scoreboard!

Team Ireland VS. Team Peru!

230 | 245

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:25 pm
Hall of Fame!

Sorry this Hall of Fame is for Chasers Only

Here's a bit of information about the Chasers in the 2011 World Cup!

Team Ireland

Hope Maxime Hagrid (Hope) Represents Hufflepuff House, flying a Nimbus 2001
Stardust Disaster (Amber Moonshade) Is Head of Hufflepuff House, and will be flying a Nimbus 2000
DFC1995 (Noelle) Represents the Ravenclaw House will be flying a Firebolt.

Team Peru

Riku Masen (Riku) is the prefect for Gryffindor House, is flying a Firebolt.
Animefreak-01 (Helen) is the Grad Representative for Hufflepuff House is flying a Nimbus 2001.
KitsuSoraAya (Aya) Represents Hufflepuff House is flying a Firebolt, as well.

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:26 pm
*Announcement*
->->ALWAYS READ<-<-
Series 6 has been posted you may use ONE book for this series, it seems far one book may be used.
It seems no one read this post last time BUT one amazing Chaser, to see if any of you read this post this time, submit your series with the series number spelled backwards, again i think you all are amazing! Let the game continue!
Thank you Your Referee, Amelia Grey!

The White Tomb [Archives]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces