Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply The White Tomb [Archives]
Win a Wager? (2011 Quidditch World Cup) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:43 am
WIN a WAGER!

Welcome one, welcome all to Win a Wager! Now I know you're excited about the Quidditch World Cup, but I have a question for you!
Do you know what happens on July 15, 2011?
Of course you do! That's when Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 2) gets released into theaters. That's right, another ending for the Harry Potter universe fans.

When the final book came out (four YEARS ago), a few people bet on things like whether or not Snape was evil; was Harry a Horcrux, who died, etc... this year most of us already know how the story ends, so we can't do that, but there's still something we can wager on!

How much will Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows gross on opening weekend?

If you've got 715 gold in your Gaia accounts, then read the next few posts to find out how you can participate!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:03 pm
How it Works!

To participate, you have to send a trade first. You can't submit a wager until the trade is completed.
Send 715 gold in a trade to Professor Adonis
(you can send more, but it MUST be at least 715 gold)

Once your trade is completed and added to the pot (see next post), you can submit your wager! All you have to do (to submit the wager) is post in a 'shout post' how much you think Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will gross for its opening weekend.

You can guess any number you'd like from $1 to $1 billion...personally I think the total will be closer to 1 billion, but it's your guess! Unfortunately, your guess can't be the same as anyone else. For instance, only one person would be able to say $100 million. All wagers are first come, first served too, in the order they are submitted.

The winner of all the gold will be the person whose guess comes closest to the box office results. We'll be using the box office numbers posted on www.imdb.com to determine the winner (in American dollars).

Stardust Disaster
Crew

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:08 pm
Trades and the Pot!

Remember you have to send a trade to Professor Adonis for at least 715 gold BEFORE you can make a wager.
Once your name is on this post, feel free to post your wager/guess.

Completed Trades:
Aunt Slappy
IceeWitch
Yami Enzeru88
Riku Masen
KitsuSoraAya
vivacious red
Insatiable Design
Lyra Elizabeth

The 'pot' will be the sum of the trades MULTIPLIED by SEVEN. yes SEVEN. The more people participating, the bigger this pot will be!

Current Pot Total (trades only) :

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:23 pm
Wagers!

Once your name is in this post, your wager has been submitted. You cannot change your guess AND no one can use the exact amount as you. I'll only look at shout posts (with totals in them), so make sure that (when you're making your guesses) it's in a shout post.

Wagers: [person, total]
Aunt Slappy, 115 million
IceeWitch, 175 million
Yami Enzeru88, 150 million
Riku Masen, 145 million
KitsuSoraAya, 1.5 billion
Lyra Elizabeth, 140 million
vivacious_red, 133 million
Stardust Disaster, 125 million
Insatiable Design, 350 million

Lyra Elizabeth

Animekitty47

Blessed Phantom

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:44 am
Clearing up Confusion!

Just like any other time, if you have a question feel free to ask it. We don't want this to confuse you; we want to have fun with it!

Are we making wagers or guesses?
Technically all of the wagers are the same amount: 715 gold... so it's technically your guesses we're looking for. We're just using those words interchangeably because 'Win a Guess' doesn't sound as nice wink .

How does the pot thing work?
The pot depends mostly on how many people participate. If 20 people are participating, there's a chance you'll win 100,100 because the guild will multiply the current pot total (in Tina's post) by 7 in honor of the seven parts to the Harry Potter series.

Is there a deadline for making 'wagers'?
Absolutely! Wagers will only be taken until July 11, 2011. If you don't have your trade completed by then and your wager posted, then you won't be able to participate.

Will there only be one winner?
Only ONE person will win the pot, but we all know that our Headmaster gets carried away when it comes to prizes razz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:13 am
Quick note!

I believe the Trolley Witch will open her Concession Stand after Win a Wager ends. wink

Professor_Adonis
Captain

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:11 pm
Before i put my wager amount is it world wide or not.......like is it placed for a specific country  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:15 pm
Aunt Slappy
Before i put my wager amount is it world wide or not.......like is it placed for a specific country

It will be the US Total per imdb.com

IceeWitch

Aunt Slappy
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:20 pm
User Image

Thanks Icee

My Wager will be 115 Million

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:46 pm
My wager will be 175 million!

IceeWitch

JuuzousJason XIII

Vicious Lunatic

22,025 Points
  • Team Jet 75
  • Married 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:18 am
My wager will be 150 million.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:39 pm
My wager will be....
145 million

Riku Masen

Chatty Seeker

KitsuSoraAya

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:43 pm
Knowing how many Harry Potter fans there are in the US and how many of them will go see the movie multiple times I wager 1.5 billion.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:30 pm
Forgot to shout post...  

Lyra Elizabeth

The White Tomb [Archives]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out