Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Heard of her?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Spooky Ames

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:41 pm
Out of curiosity, has anybody heard of or read anything by Poppy Z. Brite? I just got done reading Lost Souls, a masterpiece. I'm currently reading Drawing Blood. I also just finished Pet Sematary by Stephen King.

So, what's your favorite horror?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:13 pm
"The Vampire Lestat" By Anne Rice.

I am also currently reading "Queen of The Damned" by Anne Rice. She is a fascinating novelist.

"He who disses Anne Rice or the vampire community must face my hell-spawned wrath! twisted !!!"  

BloodyKateMary89

WhiteZombieBoy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:41 am
I read Drawing Blood awhile back, my first time reading Poppy Z. Brite. It was actually a very good book. Kept me well entertained through the night. Haven't read Lost Souls yet, but I plan to get around to it.

I've read most of the books by Anne Rice, Bag of Bones by Stephen King was a great book also, Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte (wouldn't go so far as to say it is horror, but gothic), Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, and of course the Great Howard Phillips Lovecraft.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:18 pm
I'm currently reading book #10 of "Cirque Du Freake" by Darren Shan. It's a great series and soo addicting! lol My other favs are "Demon in my View" and "Shatted Mirror" by Amelia At-water Rhodes. I haven't heard of this Poppy Z. Brite or Anne Rice, but I'll look into them. Their book titles sound very interesting; plus I'm a "BIG" vampire novel fan! 3nodding  

MysteryCross

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Acerbus nox noctis

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:40 pm
Not sure if it is considered a horror novel exactly, but "Phantom of the Opera" by Gaston Leroux, anything by Stephen King, "Vampire Chronicles" of course from Anne Rice, "Dracula" by Bram Stroker, and although he is poetry, got to love Poe.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:32 pm
Great Cerberus! Yay! Another Poe Lover that has actually read his work!!!  

BloodyKateMary89

Namtastic

Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:54 pm
l liked Green Angel it's one of my favorites  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:49 pm
Clive Barker's WeaveWorld
I love him, great writer, but he used to put me to sleep
Then Id have dreams filled with Fetus monstrositys and bodys rejecting spawns of the devil.....
again, i adored the book, but it always put me to sleep  

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Hatsya

Obsessive Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:25 am
Nyed
Clive Barker's WeaveWorld
I love him, great writer, but he used to put me to sleep
Then Id have dreams filled with Fetus monstrositys and bodys rejecting spawns of the devil.....
again, i adored the book, but it always put me to sleep

i really like clive barker. actually my dad gave me two of his books as a christmas present 'xD which i found very good.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:33 pm
Hmmm... 'Cell' by Stephen King. My first SK novel! ^-^  

Harlequin Hisakata

Dafnea

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:59 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:07 pm
H. P. Lovecraft.
I own only three of the books of his work
Sad how he never got to see most of his good work ever published......
King is up there, I also like a few other authors.  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

DemoniGoth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:51 pm
I'm planning on reading Pet Semetary, but I don't have the book right now. I've read a book called Thirsty. It was good.

I've many other favorites, but I can't remember them right now. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:27 am
HP Lovecraft and Poe are my two all time favourite authors EVER. Poppy is right up there in the top 5. Lost Souls was such a great book. She edited Love in Vein, two collections of erotic vampire fiction, the best story in that had to be Apples and Glass.

Freda Warringtion is also great for the vampire fans. 3 books in the series. A taste of bloodwine was the first one. And what a taste it was twisted  

Bewitching_NightShade

Soriana Leo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:46 pm
Edger Allen Poe's, The Raven. I just love it, though its old fashioned so to speaks its a wonderful master peice I think. ^_^  
Art / Poetry / Literature - Related Topics

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff