Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Mobile Command Vehicle (MCV) for Imp Guard Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Asmusei -Faceless Hunter-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:35 am
I'm doing some military training in Ft. Hood and saw a vehicle called the M981 Fist V and thought the concept great for the Imperial Guard. The vehicle is a base hull of an M113 hull. As is uses something so simple and looks quite like it, (picture of model) I thought that anyone playing Guard might appreciate the idea of kit-bashing something like this with a basic Rhino to make their very own MCV.
For rule sets of this type, I don't know of, but I'd propose it being able to take an HQ slot while also counting as an armored vehicle. It would probably only be able to carry a few extra units, but having something that would help guide in artillery fire and have more armor than just your basic Soldier, it would make an interesting concept for a purely artillery-based army.
Thoughts?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:12 pm
no need really as chimera nowadays can act as mobile command post for the command squad...  

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:44 pm
I'm thinking a bit further than that, as this vehicle was designed to give laser-based info for pin-point artillery fire. Using a satellite dish kept to one side and hidden, it could link up with GPS as well. It would be able to do roughly the same as the Chimera, just a bit more special stuff added to it.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:29 pm
If I may venture a suggestion, how about increasing the range an officer mounted in it can give orders by 6"  

RagingBluMunky

Dedicated Tactician

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:19 am
Reminds me more of the Damocles pattern Rhino:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:49 am
Dammit, Mac beat me to it.

What you could do is treat it as an upgrade to an officer's Chimera.

Communications Array: (x) Points

Extends the range of orders given by the command squad by 12".

Allow for other upgrades for it to allow things like enhanced Deep Strike accuracy, maybe the ability to confer some bonuses to vehicles.

Or, if you're looking to make a proper HQ choice for armored companies, you could start by retooling orders for vehicle use.  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:53 am
Caleidah
Dammit, Mac beat me to it.

What you could do is treat it as an upgrade to an officer's Chimera.

Communications Array: (x) Points

Extends the range of orders given by the command squad by 12".

Allow for other upgrades for it to allow things like enhanced Deep Strike accuracy, maybe the ability to confer some bonuses to vehicles.

Or, if you're looking to make a proper HQ choice for armored companies, you could start by retooling orders for vehicle use.

it could be listed as command loudspeakers, since the radio equipement is listed already in the voxcasters wargear...  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:44 am
Give it the ability to give one order to one squad regardless of range or have it benefit from one or more of the advisors that the command squad can take.  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:55 pm
You guys missed the whole point; it's for guiding in Artillery originally and is a Scout vehicle. The idea of H.Q. come from its ability to act as a forward HQ in the Army. If I wanted just a Command vehicle, I would have just stuck with a giant satellite on top.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:46 pm
maybe allow artillery scatter rerolls to targets within sight of the vehicle?  

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:48 pm
Van Evok
Now that would be awesome. However, it uses a laser designator to triangulate for the Artillery, so maybe something like a beefed-up Marker Lights the Tau use? Maybe allow them to either re-roll or add two to the Ballistic skill, not sure how the BS works with the artillery though.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:06 pm
Van Evok
Now that would be awesome. However, it uses a laser designator to triangulate for the Artillery, so maybe something like a beefed-up Marker Lights the Tau use? Maybe allow them to either re-roll or add two to the Ballistic skill, not sure how the BS works with the artillery though.

bs is not used for the indirect fire scatter, and my idea originated from the pathfinders devilfish allowing reroll for deep strike - just adjusted for the IG using more artillery than deep strikes  

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:08 pm
Van Evok
Van Evok

bs is not used for the indirect fire scatter, and my idea originated from the pathfinders devilfish allowing reroll for deep strike - just adjusted for the IG using more artillery than deep strikes
I guess that would work. Again, I have no clue how indirect works. It also helps that the vehicle uses a basic hull of other vehicle series, so using the Command vehicle mentioned by others, I could probably just take that and modify it further to get what I want.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:07 am
A modified Salamander scout comes to mind then.  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:07 pm
You know there is a Bradley fighting vehicle that mounts the Fist laser. Inplace of the tow rack it carriers the laser. I also has a chair in the back with a computer

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

And rules wise I would say that he should allow artillery vehicles in squadrons to fire on separate targets.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff