Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply All In the Golden Afternoon
American McGee's Alice Chat Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CharmerX

2,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:32 am
Ok! Who else plays American McGee's Alice and just can't wait for Alice 2: Madness Returns!!

Official Amercian McGee's Alice 2 Website

I LOVED the first game!!! And rumor has it a movie adaptation is to be made (course I've heard that rumor for AGES now) But it is also said that they might remake the first game since Alice 2 will not only be for PC but also for PS3 and Xbox!

If you're a fan of the game (or even if you're not)
This is a place to chat about it! 4laugh

"As knowing where you're going is preferable to being lost, assssssk! Rabbit knows a thing or too and I myself don't need a weathervane to tell which way the wind blows! Let your need guide your behavior, supress your instinct to lead, Persue Rabbit!"  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:28 am
I played the game when I was 8, it was the first video game I beat without any sort of help. I loved it so much, I went to my 5th grade costume party in a blue dress with a knife.

I'm totally stoked for the new game.... i worry that they may screw up the movie.. but I'm still excited.

In preparation for the new game I've actually been celebrating by hooking up ny laptop to my flatscreen and playing at night with the surround sound, it's been amazing. I'm on nightmare and I just made it through Majestic Maze.

"Every adventure requires a first step, trite but true, even here."  

Cat like thief 182

Versatile Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

CharmerX

2,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:41 am
I've never played it on nightmare . . . well . . . at least not without cheats! Some of them are fun to play with XD
But on normal mode I don't need cheats . . . but I should try nightmare!
I'm just like "Hells Yeah! A new Alice game!!!"
I actually feel like playing it again the more I talk about it blaugh
I hope the movie version is good . . . IF its real! (I have yet to see anything definite)
My favorite section of the game just happens to be the Majestic maze too! 3nodding
But I've played that game sooooo many times! It doesn't get old either! What do you think about them possibly remaking the first game?
I think it'd be good to see it with renewed graphics and for more platforms! (it would help get a bigger fan base for it!)
I first played the game back in High School and was addicted instantly xd
But that happens to me if its anything Alice in Wonderland related! LOL!

BTW I like ur avi! 3nodding

"How fine you look when dressed in rage. Your enemies are fortunate your condition is not permanent. You're lucky, too. Red eyes suit so few."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:53 am
I think I like Pale Realm/Seeing Red the best, the levels are easy but the landscape is just so great.

If they do remake the first game I'll be thrilled, but at the same time I think I'll kind of miss it just being a one platform game, if people can play it for X-box no one will play it for PC, and that was the console I learned on.... I'm getting all nostalgic. Still, it would be some great new graphics opportunities, and worth it.

A while back when they first started talking about making a movie they were talking about getting Sarah Michelle Gellar to play Alice, and as much as I love her I think they need someone younger... again.... if it's even real.

Do you know if they have the same guy back for music, because I really like Chris Vrenna (sp?) and I thought he did an excellent job.

And thank you.... I change my avi a lot but I've kept this one around because I've gotten a lot of compliments. I like yours too (love the hat) My cousin (who actually was the one who let me play the game so young) gifted Wonderland to me for joining gaia. It was my first decent item.

"52 pick-up is a staple of juvenile humor, but when the deck slices and dices it's no laughing matter*  

Cat like thief 182

Versatile Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Living_In_Song

Lonely Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:36 am
Wait a minuet...what cheats?

I had no idea there were cheats for the game...

C:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:44 am
Living_In_Song
Wait a minuet...what cheats?

I had no idea there were cheats for the game...

C:

Dude! Tottaly!! blaugh
Alice Cheats  

CharmerX

2,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

CharmerX

2,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:52 am
Cat like thief 182
I think I like Pale Realm/Seeing Red the best, the levels are easy but the landscape is just so great.

If they do remake the first game I'll be thrilled, but at the same time I think I'll kind of miss it just being a one platform game, if people can play it for X-box no one will play it for PC, and that was the console I learned on.... I'm getting all nostalgic. Still, it would be some great new graphics opportunities, and worth it.

A while back when they first started talking about making a movie they were talking about getting Sarah Michelle Gellar to play Alice, and as much as I love her I think they need someone younger... again.... if it's even real.

Do you know if they have the same guy back for music, because I really like Chris Vrenna (sp?) and I thought he did an excellent job.

And thank you.... I change my avi a lot but I've kept this one around because I've gotten a lot of compliments. I like yours too (love the hat) My cousin (who actually was the one who let me play the game so young) gifted Wonderland to me for joining gaia. It was my first decent item.

"52 pick-up is a staple of juvenile humor, but when the deck slices and dices it's no laughing matter*

I really hope its the same guy for the music! I loved it soooo mich I went online and found the soundtrack!! blaugh

I just got my Wonderland gear from my BFF recently (My avi is mega poor sweatdrop ) A while ago I had him as the cheshire cat sittin' on my head but changed him to the top hat to go with the new outfit! . . . I need more clothes tho~! LOL rofl

Did you also hear that Alice Cooper was suppose to direct the movie version? (once again only rumor) I think he'd do a TERIBBLE job of directing . . . I mean Tim Burton did a good Alice in Wonderland!! and to be honest when I heard he was directing it I thought it was going to be like American McGee's version! LOL! But he did a really good job (for a Disney movie) . . . I want him to direct McGee's version too tho! That would be epic!! xd Also! I heard about the Sarah thing too! BLEH on her! xp

"Here's a riddle: When is a crouquet mallet like a billy club? I'll tell you . . whenever you want it to be!"  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:10 pm
CharmerX

Dude! Tottaly!! blaugh
Alice Cheats

I'm going to have to try these,

thanks so much!

Living_In_Song

Lonely Seeker

CharmerX

2,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:17 pm
Living_In_Song
CharmerX

Dude! Tottaly!! blaugh
Alice Cheats

thanks so much!

No problem dear~! *glances at pocket watch*  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:48 pm
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182

I really hope its the same guy for the music! I loved it soooo mich I went online and found the soundtrack!! blaugh

I just got my Wonderland gear from my BFF recently (My avi is mega poor sweatdrop ) A while ago I had him as the cheshire cat sittin' on my head but changed him to the top hat to go with the new outfit! . . . I need more clothes tho~! LOL rofl

Did you also hear that Alice Cooper was suppose to direct the movie version? (once again only rumor) I think he'd do a TERIBBLE job of directing . . . I mean Tim Burton did a good Alice in Wonderland!! and to be honest when I heard he was directing it I thought it was going to be like American McGee's version! LOL! But he did a really good job (for a Disney movie) . . . I want him to direct McGee's version too tho! That would be epic!! xd Also! I heard about the Sarah thing too! BLEH on her! xp

"Here's a riddle: When is a crouquet mallet like a billy club? I'll tell you . . whenever you want it to be!"

I hope they don't get Alice Cooper, he would do a terrible job. I was actually pretty disappointed with the Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. I thought it would be so great, I love Alice, I love Tim Burton, Love Helena Bohnam Carter, Alan Rickman.... I even love Mark Hoppus but I thought the movie was just okay. I loved the cat though.... he was so cute. (I always think the cheshire cat is cute.... even in American McGee's Alice)

"Your knife is necessary but not sufficient, collect what's useful. Reject only your ignorance and you may survive."  

Cat like thief 182

Versatile Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Cat like thief 182

Versatile Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:51 pm
CharmerX
Living_In_Song
CharmerX

Dude! Tottaly!! blaugh
Alice Cheats

thanks so much!

Sorry..... I have to jump in on this.....

I love Alice cheats. When I was little they are what got me through the hard and nightmare levels (though now I play without.)

If you go high enough above majestic maze using noclip and then you drop down you won't land on the ground because there's a barrier there between the sky and the floor.... I got stuck up there for ever ebcause I didn't know how to climb back down with the cheat, lol.

Yeah, have fun with those cheats.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:11 pm
Cat like thief 182
CharmerX
Living_In_Song
CharmerX

Dude! Tottaly!! blaugh
Alice Cheats

thanks so much!

I love Alice cheats. When I was little they are what got me through the hard and nightmare levels (though now I play without.)

If you go high enough above majestic maze using noclip and then you drop down you won't land on the ground because there's a barrier there between the sky and the floor.... I got stuck up there for ever ebcause I didn't know how to climb back down with the cheat, lol.

Cute new avi! 4laugh
I had a blast with those cheats xd I loved picking Alice up as high as she would go then turn off the cheat and watch her fall blaugh Sometimes shed be stuck in the air! There was a way to make her go below the ground as well if I remember correctly! 3nodding  

CharmerX

2,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

CharmerX

2,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:15 pm
Cat like thief 182
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182

I hope they don't get Alice Cooper, he would do a terrible job. I was actually pretty disappointed with the Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. I thought it would be so great, I love Alice, I love Tim Burton, Love Helena Bohnam Carter, Alan Rickman.... I even love Mark Hoppus but I thought the movie was just okay. I loved the cat though.... he was so cute. (I always think the cheshire cat is cute.... even in American McGee's Alice)

"Your knife is necessary but not sufficient, collect what's useful. Reject only your ignorance and you may survive."

The cheshire cat IS cute no matter what! (I want McGee's version as a pet XD) . . . really? you didn't like Tim's version? I LOVED it!! I like how it was like a "revisit to Wonderland" instead of the same story just retold slightly different! I bought it and DVD and watched it soooo many times that I can qoute it just like we're qutoing McGee! LOL!

"Those who say there's nothing like a nice cup of tea for calming the nerves never had 'real' tea. It's like a syringe of adrenaline straight to the heart!"  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:32 am
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182
CharmerX
Living_In_Song
CharmerX

Dude! Tottaly!! blaugh
Alice Cheats

thanks so much!

Cute new avi! 4laugh
I had a blast with those cheats xd I loved picking Alice up as high as she would go then turn off the cheat and watch her fall blaugh Sometimes shed be stuck in the air! There was a way to make her go below the ground as well if I remember correctly! 3nodding

Yeah, I did that all the time. I got stuck so many times, my cousin finally had to come help me. If you got stuck you'd have to turn the cheat back on and hld down f..... i know now. smile

Thanks, all the Alice talk made me want to use Wonderland. smile  

Cat like thief 182

Versatile Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Cat like thief 182

Versatile Humorist

13,600 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:43 am
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182
CharmerX
Cat like thief 182

The cheshire cat IS cute no matter what! (I want McGee's version as a pet XD) . . . really? you didn't like Tim's version? I LOVED it!! I like how it was like a "revisit to Wonderland" instead of the same story just retold slightly different! I bought it and DVD and watched it soooo many times that I can qoute it just like we're qutoing McGee! LOL!

"Those who say there's nothing like a nice cup of tea for calming the nerves never had 'real' tea. It's like a syringe of adrenaline straight to the heart!"

Nope, I thought it was just okay. I of course bought the movie, and have watched it on multiple occasions, but I thought it had a lot more potential. There were a few parts I really liked though, like when the hatter recites The Jabberwocky, which was amazing. I also liked how Alice returns to Wonderland because she gets scared about a marriage proposal (as I too am afraid of commitment, this made it feel more real to me) but overall I thought it could have been better. I mean, they took the best movie concept and gave it to the best director and it wasn't even my favorite adaptation of the film, so i was disappointed.

I love the Cheshire Cat, I am proud to say I still use my Cheshire Cat comforter from when I was little, it has the cat from the original Disney movie, and I have painted my walls black, with purple trim to match. The Cat has to be my favorite character, and I agree about the one from the game. For the last art project I ever had (I quit art school last year) I made a life size paper machete cat from the game and then I dressed up like Alice for the art show and stood next to him with a croquet mallet I had carved earlier in the semester. That was actually my best year of art classes, I themed all of pieces around wonderland so that for the end of the year show it would all look nice together. Sadly I never got a chance to go back and pick up the cat, I have no idea what happened to it.

"Only the insane equates pain with success"  
All In the Golden Afternoon

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces