Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Chat and Plot Zone
Keeping It In The Families Recruiting Thread! (Got Everyone) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:29 am
Hi guys,

As you've probably seen, there's a big event in the guild, and the RP contest is a 4 person group entry.

So I want to recruit people to have a go!

Table of Contents:
1. Brief Intro
2. Family Members
3. The RP
4. Other Stuff (e.g. the Parents raffle)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:38 am
The Family

I am interested in applying for the Forestlace Family. So here are all the members, just so people can see what's taken/what isn't.

THE FATHER
RPed by: Syaoran-Puu
Name: Arden Forestlace
Brief Personality: Arden can be stubborn, sometimes as unmoving as the very forest. Yet at other times he can be flexable like water. This makes him a hard man predict the mood of, that said he tries very hard to be amiable towards others, especially his family. However he can get very defensive when he believes his family is in danger... often acting first and accepting the consquences later. He has a soft spot for his daughter as he enjoys spending time in the water with her -mostly racing and playing, but he also loves spending time with his son, mostly tracking and passing on his skills to his son.
User Image

THE MOTHER
RPed by: Yumitoko II
Name: Enya Forestlace
Brief Personality: Enya is a kind mare, unfortunately it's not often returned. She's the type who wants to do best for her family and that includes everyone laving no-one left out.
She's still a young mare with a young family so she still has much to learn, the children were not a straightforward decision she had made, but she loves them all the same for they bring joy into her life.
User Image

THE DAUGHTER
RPed by: ropin and riden
Name: Onira Forestlace
Brief Personality: She's fascinated with the water, easily able to spend many long hours just lounging in the shallows, but unfortunately she's plagued with the fear of going too far out into the deep portions of rivers or lakes and never goes near the ocean. She's terrified of the idea that if she dives down into the depths that she'll lose track of where she is and will wind up getting lost. She's clingy when it comes to her mother and definitely feels safest at her side; however, that presents her with a problem. Her mother isn't a kelpi, nor is she even part kelpi, thus if something happened out in the water her mom wouldn't be there to help pull her through. Other than that, she holds her father in the highest of regards, as she grew up believing him to be her own personal super hero. This idea has mostly dwindled down to a healthy respect for the stallion, but Onira still tries her hardest to win his favor whenever possible. Though with her fear of going too far out into deep water, its proven difficult for her to believe she actually deserves it.
User Image

THE SON
RPed by: Phail Ninja
Name: Ataro Forestlace
Brief Personality: On the surface, Ataro can appear dark and mysterious. He spends most of his time lurking in the murky depths of the lake, or hiding under the shadows of the trees. Hard to reach and even harder to stay attached to, his heart remains sealed off from the rest of the world. He can also be quite the trouble-maker, and depending on his mood an encounter with him could go either way. He could either coldly blow you off, or you could find yourself lured into a trap. However, he expresses a very different side when he is around his family. He becomes softer and more gentle, willing to open up and trust them where he won't trust others. He treasures them all dearly within his heart, and would give his life to protect them. He remains forever loyal to them, and no matter what happens will stand by their side. Deep down, he has a good heart, just few rarely ever see it.
User Image

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:51 am
The RP

Because there isn't that much time, and we need to fulfill the general prompt, we need to get this RP moving as fast as possible, and so will need to get people for all the family slots quickly.

RP-wise, I was thinking we could make a big RP in the... uh... somewhere? I have a spare guild we could use to post it in, or if there is a forum in Soq we could use, that would be ok. We can't do it over PM, because it would get confusing with 4 people! Or we could just make a thread in the B/C RP forum too.

I was thinking we could do something like a "Kids, here's how your parents met" type RP. This gives the parents a chance to explain how they met and gives them a history. The children could interrupt and ask questions and such, and just share in the general "this is a family" vibe, or could start throwing in their own stories and such.

So, interested in applying? Here's what you need to do! Post the following:
A name for your Soq
Which Soq you are applying for
A brief personality for your Soq
(Just to get a general idea. We'll need full personalities to actually enter, so get those to me as soon as possible too)
Any ideas you have for the RP (only if you have any)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:00 am
Other Stuff

Meet The Parents Flaffle
I need a partner to enter in the flaffle! BUT, I am trying for the RP contest so if that gets won I will be avoided from the flaffle.

So if you don't want to RP, you could have a shot at entering with me and hope I don't win the RP contest. It would probably be more convenient if someone entering the RP contest with me paired up with me, that way if we win the RP contest, we both win and don't reduce the other's chance of winning.

Ok, so I am REALLY interested in the girl in couple 4 (this one). BUT if you also really want her, then I would be willing to sacrifice her. Apart from that, the preferences are completely up to you.

Interested? Just post here and let me know, telling me your preferences. I'll be happy to enter us into the flaffle!

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:04 am
Open xD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:08 am
A name for your Soq: Enya Forestlace
Which Soq you are applying for: Mummy Soquili
A brief personality for your Soq: Enya is a kind mare, unfortunately it's not often returned. She's the type who wants to do best for her family and that includes everyone laving no-one left out.
She's still a young mare with a young family so she still has much to learn, the children were not a straightforward decision she had made, but she loves them all the same for they bring joy into her life.
Any ideas you have for the RP:
It'd be cute to keep it together but I'm okay for it to go down either route.
It's you...
It'd be cute if we could back plot the parents to have know each other as foals (even though we can't roleplay it) it'd help them have some sort of familiarity. They could be best friends or just be like young children are ( y'know when girls are like,"ewww boys" and the boys are like,"ewwww girls...").

Growing Pains
(If you want that back plot of them growing together.)
They could reunite as young adults and catch up with what is missed.
This could end up kinda emotional and they could realise how much they've missed each other / like each other.

Let's go swimming! Part I
The farther of the family could teach Enya ho to swim...or maybe not. As I see her not being too good at it at first.

Let's go swimming! Part II
Teaching the children how to swim. Obviously they'd probabbly find it easier than their mother foes because of their fins.

How We Met A.K.A The Truth
The story telling plot.

In A Rutt
This could be when Enya's son is a young adult and she tells him about his cerynei heritage and teaches him a little about rutting with his antlers incase he needs it. He'd probabbly insist that he doesn't need to know. haha. Of course it'd end with him putting her on her arse haha.

But alas that's if they stay together...if not we can create some super duper dramatic plot if you'd like.

Thanks for considering!!!  

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Decorator

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:56 am
A name for your Soq: Onira Forestlace
Which Soq you are applying for: The daughter
A brief personality for your Soq: She's fascinated with the water, easily able to spend many long hours just lounging in the shallows, but unfortunately she's plagued with the fear of going too far out into the deep portions of rivers or lakes and never goes near the ocean. She's terrified of the idea that if she dives down into the depths that she'll lose track of where she is and will wind up getting lost. She's clingy when it comes to her mother and definitely feels safest at her side; however, that presents her with a problem. Her mother isn't a kelpi, nor is she even part kelpi, thus if something happened out in the water her mom wouldn't be there to help pull her through. Other than that, she holds her father in the highest of regards, as she grew up believing him to be her own personal super hero. This idea has mostly dwindled down to a healthy respect for the stallion, but Onira still tries her hardest to win his favor whenever possible. Though with her fear of going too far out into deep water, its proven difficult for her to believe she actually deserves it.
Any ideas you have for the RP: None of my own, but I'll be very happy to play around with what we decide to do.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:14 am
Yay! Now we just need a father!

Those plots sound really good, Yumi. I don't know about everyone else, but I'd love for this family to stay together.

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:59 pm
Phail Ninja
Yay! Now we just need a father!

Those plots sound really good, Yumi. I don't know about everyone else, but I'd love for this family to stay together.
Just trying to think up ideas. There can always be more to it I was just trying to think of something haha.

Aww they're all so cute!! xD  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:00 pm
I would love to join up with you guys and play the father.
Give me a moment to fill in your form smile  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Team Jacob 100

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:11 pm
Will PM you correct grammer/spelling for actual entry but figured I would just get something down for you now....

A name for your Soq Arden Forestlace
Which Soq you are applying for Father
A brief personality for your Soq Arden can be stubborn, sometimes as unmoving as the very forest. Yet at other times he can be flexable like water. This makes him a hard man predict the mood of, that said he tries very hard to be amiable towards others, especially his family. However he can get very defensive when he believes his family is in danger... often acting first and accepting the consquences later. He has a soft spot for his daughter as he enjoys spending time in the water with her -mostly racing and playing, but he also loves spending time with his son, mostly tracking and passing on his skills to his son.
Any ideas you have for the RP These are only ideas, and obviously the owners of the other characters can say yay or nay to them!
Father and Daughter: Racing and swimming in the water.
Father and Son: Teaching his son to track.... though his son uses these skills to cause trouble, perhaps Arden finds catches his son doing so one day and decides to play a trick of his own.
Father and Mother: Love under the moonlight... I think it would be sweet for them to have a 'date', no matter how much time they have spent together I would love them to constantly try and rekindle and keep their love alive. So dancing under the moonlight, water fights and spying on the colourful fish of the coral... etc. Lots of fun cute things.
Father: Lost in the forest..... maybe he is looking for his family? I can see him worried and scared, maybe not quite as focussed as he should be and ends up getting himself injured..... ??

NB: I am also happy to participate in the suggest plots of everyone, ie Yumis Arden teaches Enya to swim plot.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:15 pm
Also Phail... if you haven't got a partner already, I don't mind joining up with you smile

My preference list would be: 4, 2, 1
My faves are: (1) Male Mer (2) Unicorn Mare (4) I like them both, I know you want the mare so I am happy to take the male.

However I dislike Usdia's..... so I would rather not try for them. Sorry.  

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:38 pm
Yay xD We have a daddy for the family.

And sure, I'll pair up with you! I don't mind not going for the Usdias smile I'll go post the form up now!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:43 pm
Glad to be a part of it smile
Just poke me with what/where you want me to go to do my part and I will do it asap! smile hehehe.

And woohoo! I wonder what will happen smile

Syaoran-Puu

Enduring Werewolf

10,275 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Decorator

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:06 pm
<3 *wiggles* I'm very excited about this!

Also, please note that I've updated my form. I wrote it literally in the span of a hurried ten minutes this morning and all day kept thinking "AUGH! I could have worded that better!". xD So there ya go, something I'm a bit more happy with.  
Chat and Plot Zone

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff