Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Question About a Few Websites Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:32 pm
User Image

And here's my favorite part
User Image
So I'm new around here and haven't really looked around in the guild since I joined, so if my questions were already answered somewhere else sorry. sweatdrop

I'm trying to find as much information as I can on Wicca. I know a portion of its oathbound so I understand I won't get any information on what is without being initiated into a Coven. I just want to learn as much as I can before I start looking for a Coven to see if it calls to me. So far I've looked on this site and this site. I'm ify on how true the second one is since it calls it a church but I was wondering if there was atleast some truth within it.

I was also looking for possibly some websites on Kemetic Pagan(if there's a such thing). I found one on Kemetic Orthodox(Kemet.org) but I haven't looked through it yet.

User Image
Where you beg for my heart and I disappear

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:53 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
I'm trying to find as much information as I can on Wicca. I know a portion of its oathbound so I understand I won't get any information on what is without being initiated into a Coven. I just want to learn as much as I can before I start looking for a Coven to see if it calls to me. So far I've looked on this site and this site. I'm ify on how true the second one is since it calls it a church but I was wondering if there was atleast some truth within it.

The first site is pretty good. There seems to be a few facts in the second site, but it seems to be wrapped in a lot of fluff.

Quote:
I was also looking for possibly some websites on Kemetic Pagan(if there's a such thing).

A pagan religion is one that doesn't worship YHWH, so Kemeticism is by definition pagan.  

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:04 pm
Yanueh
The first site is pretty good. There seems to be a few facts in the second site, but it seems to be wrapped in a lot of fluff.

That's what I thought while I was reading it. I had only gotten through their "What is Wicca, anyway?" section and started questioning it when I read the last paragraph.

Quote:
A pagan religion is one that doesn't worship YHWH, so Kemeticism is by definition pagan.
Ok That's what I thought but when I was reading a little bit of what people were saying here they were saying it wasn't but someone had said there was a difference between Kemetic Pagan and Kemetic Orthodox since they said they had a friend that was Kemetic Pagan.

And what exactly does YHWH stand for? I've seen it only a few times. But I know two different definations for the word Pagan.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:24 pm
Neither of those sites are good for Wicca.

Your best bet is Amber and Jet.
The Wica
The New Wiccan Church
Witchcraft Today PDF- by Gardner
The Meaning of Witchcraft available for free download- also by Gardner.

There are some other sources too- I'll see what I can do to dig them up.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:25 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X

And what exactly does YHWH stand for? I've seen it only a few times. But I know two different definations for the word Pagan.

It's what the Jewish people called their god.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:33 pm
Esiris
I never really saw it like that so I wasn't sure. Thanks. And thanks for the websites.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:55 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Esiris
I never really saw it like that so I wasn't sure. Thanks. And thanks for the websites.

Sure. Good luck with your Seeking.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:56 pm
Esiris
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Esiris

Sure. Good luck with your Seeking.
Thank you  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Seeky

Inquisitive Seeker

14,550 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:52 am
Esiris
X-Yami-no-Ko-X

More like what our god is named, though most of the time we call him God (El, Elohai, Elohim) or Lord (Adonai), thought there are variations. You will not see a Jew prounoncing YHWH.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:35 am
Seeky

More like what our god is named, though most of the time we call him God (El, Elohai, Elohim) or Lord (Adonai), thought there are variations. You will not see a Jew prounoncing YHWH.

I'm sorry. I worded that poorly.
*Glances over at her roomie* He's Jewish and he just did. wink  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:54 am
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
You'll also see YHVH or some people breaking it down to "Yahweh". My old Episcopalian church had a song where they used the latter as a name for God.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:59 am
saint dreya
You'll also see YHVH or some people breaking it down to "Yahweh". My old Episcopalian church had a song where they used the latter as a name for God.
I've seen "Yahweh" before. It didn't click that it was the same thing.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:06 am
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
saint dreya
I've seen "Yahweh" before. It didn't click that it was the same thing.
*Disclaimer - limited knowledge, willing to be corrected if wrong*
YHVH/YHWH's name is unpronounceable as hearing the name of God would kill any little mortal who happened to hear. I imagine people wanted to come up with a way to say it, much like Prince was known as a symbol for a while and people called him "the artist formerly known as Prince" or tafkap".  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:11 am
saint dreya
YHVH/YHWH's name is unpronounceable as hearing the name of God would kill any little mortal who happened to hear. I imagine people wanted to come up with a way to say it, much like Prince was known as a symbol for a while and people called him "the artist formerly known as Prince" or tafkap".
Alright. I didn't know that.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:18 am
saint dreya

McMolty- my Jewish roommate says the Sacred Name used to be said out loud on Yom Kippor.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff