Reply 27. ✿ - - - Girls
Cliques Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mii jigoku

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:34 am
Discuss. What is your opinion? I hate them. Usually the girls known as the 'popular group' target others. As a well known 'loser' in my school I get picked on and teased on a lot. But I'm not complaining. I love who I am. The point is, what cliques do you have in your school. Or, how do you deal with them? What do you think of them?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:53 am
*Sigh* Cliques are silly. But unfortunately they exist.

Here's the breakdown of cliques for my school:

Popular/Preps- The girls who are all outstandingly gorgeous, claim to be God loving girls; but then go & make fun of people & judge people who are different. Typically make good grades.

Jocks- The girls & guys, who would make great "Preps" if they weren't so sporty. Typically they're a bit nicer than the preps/populars.

The "Bad Kids"- The kids who cuss, get detention, miss too much school, etc etc.

Freaks/Geeks/Goths/Losers/Etc- This is the rest of the kids. The ones who don't care how they look, listen to "weirdo" music, get called Goths by other people, are considered losers, & have friendships with other Freaks/geeks/goths/losers/etc that are so strong not even Chuck Norris could break it. Truthfully the most awesome people at the school if you ask me.

I fall in the Freak/geek/goth/loser/etc & "Bad kids" category.

Note--- I DO NOT like the stereotypes & I think they're downright stupid. These categories and stuff are just how I think people at my school would break it down. I don't consider myself to be in a category, I consider my self to be LAUREN, but if you asked the kids at my school what "category" I'm in that's what they would say.

catsoon

Friend

silly_lil_grl101

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:54 am
heart im with you! i hate them!!! but they just pick on others to make them selves feel better or feel bigger then that person! i get called names and picked on alot and im in high school! they girls hate me because i hang out with guys alot because the guys at my school dont have drama like the girls.... they call me really bad names and i told my self that im gonna starrt standing up for myself, and if they have a problem with me then thats their problem cause im my own person and i love whp i am and others love who i am to!(:

and just as the girl above me broke it down im apart of the jocks and most of the jocks at my school r the boys, cause the girls r just stuck up and apart of the "popluar" people! its stupid but its life
heart  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:09 pm
I agree. I would consider myself in the 'Freak/geek/goth/loser/etc' category. But I'm proud of who I am and the losers probably have more fun anyways. We're not too busy starving ourselves for a good impression on the guys. Most of them don't even care about that! Not like they would know >.>  

mii jigoku

Beyond sky

Romantic Reveler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:15 pm
weirdly enough I don't really have cliques at my school.Yes there are definite groups of friends but they aren't really cliquey per say because each friend is totally different. I guess you could sort of put everyone into categories but everyone is cool with each other. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:41 pm
Beyond sky
weirdly enough I don't really have cliques at my school.Yes there are definite groups of friends but they aren't really cliquey per say because each friend is totally different. I guess you could sort of put everyone into categories but everyone is cool with each other. heart

Lucky Dx

catsoon

Friend

xxXForgotten_DreamsXxx

5,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:44 pm
D'= my school has 5 main groups

1.Sluts ~ self-explanatory
2.Jocks ~ the football,baseball,basketball...ect players
3.Preps ~ the annoying and bubbly people
4.Skater/Emo ~ the fun, misunderstood ones
5.Losers/ Druggies ~ again self-explanatory

I'm in the skater/emo category ^.^

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:26 am
I could never really figure out my school but I think it was kind of like this:
Jocks, Band Kids, Druggies, Theater Kids, Art Kids, and then everybody else.
But everybody's kind of cool with each other except for Band/Theater. They hate each other.
I mean, the 'jocks', everybody loves and hates. 'Cause they suck. My school was only really good for it's band. Literally. But the sports kids are so friendly, you know? You can't totally hate them.

Me, I was less of 'everybody else' and more of an 'etcetera'. Everybody [in my grade] kind of knew me, and talked to me every once in a while, and I had my own group of friends, but I wasn't popular. Meh.

alienli

Friendly Tipper

Agent Mallard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:54 am
When I was in high school I was friends with everyone and no one really had a problem with me because I didn't put a label on them and give them a reason to. I understand that labeling people is a bad human habit and its hard to avoid doing sometimes but its silly to group all these people together when you don't even know them. People in the "********" category aren't any more open to people considered a 'prep/jock', then they are to them. If you're cool with one group, they're usually cool with you back.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:26 am
I don't know why we feel the need to categorize everyone.
But still, heres a little explaination of my schools "Food chain"

1# Sluts: The most popular girls in my school. Most of them had sex at the age of twelve.
2# Wannabe Sluts: Like the sluts, but much more annoying.
3# Jocks: Sporty Man-Sluts.
4# Preps: Generally nice people, though I find it hard to see eye to eye with them sometimes.
5# Music Nerds: Spend all lunchtimes in the music block practicing, playing random songs, and laughing at stupid stuff. This is quite an exclusive "Group" I'm kinda glad I belong to it.
#6 Wannabe Music Nerds: There are about three of these people. They play music. Badly.
#7 "Ugly" People/"Freaks"/"Rejects": Are actually really nice. I'd prefer them over the sluts and jocks any day of the week.  

Ominelle

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:58 pm
Bahaha. I didn't even realize cliques existed until I found out I was in several. :'D
<---is a huge, huge space-case.

I don't know. I like mostly everyone in my class, excluding some, so it's hard for me to rightly define those "social lines."
But I'll give it a go.

"Preppies." kids with nice clothes and fancy cars. Overly friendly ("well-bred") but tend to back-talk and snub "scrubs".
The "snobbish" immaturity mostly dies out by senior year.
"Jocks." very sporty kids, tend to hang out exclusively with each other. Rarely are they those generic beefy idiots jerks in teen comedies. Some, maybe, but most are sociable and studious.
"Band geeks." the loud weirdos that wear silly plume hats.
"Choir nerds." the serious singers that will complain about the music at clubs and parties. Very talkative and chill.
"Theater freaks." hyperactive and...different kids. Always melodramatic but fun.
"Geeks." extensive videogame and comic book knowledge. Often play that Magic card game during breaks while wearing Zelda/Halo t-shirts.
"Otakus." like geeks, but exclusively obsess over all things Japanese. Go to cons, watch animes on Friday nights and read manga during class. "Kawaii!!"
"Scrubs/critters." socially awkward kids that tend to wear the same outfit every single day, either because they choose to or can't afford new clothes. Usually the sweetest people you'll ever meet.

Okay, so a good majority of these are generalizations, but are common traits that stick high schoolers into specific "groups."

I have been accused of being/trying to be preppy (whaa?) and my best friend wouldn't talk to me for a week after I went all "jocky" (swim team, oh noes!!...? :'D)
I am a band geek and a choir nerd. I am also geeky and like some anime and I am friends with bunchies of "scrubs" but also "popular" preppies and jocks.

Idk where I'm supposed to be in but honestly I don't really care.

In the long run, it doesn't matter. What matters is being who I am, studying hard and having fun with friends from every social group. I like diversity. =)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:25 am
Many years ago, almost ten years ago, I was in high school.

I didn't like the whole "clique" thing 'cause I was always a loner; at the same time I stand out above everyone else.

Despite my very obvious taste in anime, manga, classic rock, and old heavy metal, all the popular people wanted to hang out with me. At first I though they needed someone like me (someone different) to make fun of, but in reality is that they were trying to get me to be with them. When I was in my senior year I found out it was because they all thought I was too pretty and smart to hang out by myself and that they felt that someone like me was "too good" to be "friendless".

I'm still friends with the majority of them to this day; I graduated back in 2005. I have no kids, I had protected sex back in high school (unlike some of them), and I never tried to fit with them, I just stayed the way I've always been.

Moral of the story: DO NOT CHANGE WHO YOU ARE TO BE ACCEPTED.

Perfect Stranger 3-0

I LOVE GLITTER

2,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:05 pm
There was basically 3 cliques last year

Popular Kids

The people everyone hates (usually decided by the popular kids)

Everyone else  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:50 am
Seriously, I've heard my school is cliquey, but I don't feel it.
There are the girls who are more popular, who hang out with the sports guys a lot.
But they don't have to be always sports guys. Or people who play sports at all. Seriously, my calc class contains some of the most popular kids in the school. And we're all friends with eachother.
The girls who are popular DON'T pick on girls who aren't. Honestly, they're some of the nicest people.
One major thing is that all the more popular kids come from families with a lot of money. Nice cars, expensive clothes, big houses they can invite people over to all the time.
And they party a lot.
I'm not in with these kids --
I'm more inbetween. I might be friends with a lot of people, but my close friends don't drink, don't come from families with a lot of money, and don't have to worry so much about all the drama that goes on.
And then there's the more loser-like people. (for lack of a better word.) Who dress in black or cut themselves and who don't approve of having more than one close friend.....who do their best to alienate themselves and are hard to reach. Or the people who drink too much or smoke too much and that kind of thing. Or those girls who are OBVIOUSLY slutty. And a lot of the kids who don't care for school or get good grades.
I think at least in my school we can talk with anybody we want. There's very little obvious bullying, and when I graduated this year it felt like I was graduating with the people I was most comfortable with.
I'd say that there's not really a pre-decided social chain, and that people just decide where they want to be. You send the impression of yourself you want to send, and make the friends you want to.
It's all about where you're comforable being, how you're comfortable behaving.
And that's how it SHOULD feel.  

viper_353

Chocolate Delicacy

Distinct Millionaire

6,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:50 pm
The high school I graduated from was an all girls school,so naturally there was lots of drama but surprisingly there weren't many cliques just girls who got along with each other more than they did others.The closest group to a clique was the student council,which I was a part of,we usually spoke to each other the most but at the same time we were nice to all of the other girls.
I myself don't see a reason for cliques,being in one is like limiting yourself to only making friends with certain people.There's a chance that you'll be missing out on a friend just because they don't meet the standards of the people in your clique.  
27. ✿ - - - Girls

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff