Welcome to Gaia! ::

Death Note Forum

Back to Guilds

Death Note Forum - Come join us for Death Note information, graphics, screenshots, quotes, artwork, news, role play, games, fun and prizes! 

Tags: Death Note, Death Note Forum, Death Note Role Play, Death Note Anime, Death Note Fans 

Reply News & Announcements
The Death Note American Remake / Hollywood Movie Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Death Note Forum
Captain

Mega Prophet

9,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:02 pm
Quote:
It has now been confirmed that Warner Bros have hired writer/director Shane Black (Lethal Weapon) to direct the Death Note Hollywood movie. In addition, Anthony Bagarozzi (Doc Savage) and Charles Mondry are in line to write the film’s script (according to IMDB Pro). Previously screenwriter brothers Vlas and Charles Parlapanides were attached to the project via a convincing leaked script which mysteriously made it’s way onto the internet last year.

Warner Bros acquired the rights to the series from Vertigo Entertainment in 2009. Actor Zac Efron has been rumored to star in the film; in a 2009 interview Efron acknowledged having a meeting but did not confirm whether he had the role or not, saying that the project was not “on the front burner.”

Video of Zac Efron talking about Death Note

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:31 pm
All I really have to say about it is that they better change the names of the characters so that they aren't Japanese. American actors playing Japanese characters just wouldn't be right.  

Zaige Delecroix

dykno_soar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:53 pm
They could probably find Japanese people to play Japanese parts, if they really needed to. This is America after all - the mixing pot of the world! Like, they could have Japanese-Americans if fans are all outraged about name changes. It's not that outrageous.

I'm looking quite forward to the Death Note remake. :]  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:01 pm
I will ultimately have to hear what the critics say about it. I am a person who actually DOES care about that s**t.  

Zaige Delecroix

DomaDoma

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:28 pm
The thing's in development hell, so this may bear no relation to the final project, but anyway, I read the leaked script. It wasn't so much "Light vs. L" as "Luke vs. the evil mind-controlling notebook." Despite that, it wasn't half-bad. Nowhere near the TOs' towering vision, but still, it sounded like a reasonably good flick.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:39 am
Oh yeah, I downloaded and read all of the the supposed leaked script - it's pretty bad. sweatdrop

I found it on an anime news site - they said the script was anonymously emailed to them. They considered the possibility that it was leaked intentionally so that they could gauge fan reactions to their ideas.

Some people say that it is a fake. But it is a FULL script and is pretty professional in it's writing style.

But if it is fake... someone has dedication, making up an entire fake script just to troll Death Note fans ... wow eek  

AceWaldo
Vice Captain

Fairy-Amazon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:47 am
Well I don't see it as a bad thing, even if an American actor is wearing a Japanese name. Sure it would be weird lol, but interesting nonetheless 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:06 pm
If it were me, I would make the new movie a continuation of the Japanese live action movies. If you haven't seen them yet, stop reading, i might spoil something.

In the Japanese ones, L doesn't die by Kira/Light's plan, he writes his own name in the Death Note. In the film L Change The World, also known as The Last 23 Days Of L, L finds and brings Near to Wammy's House himself.
Based on that and the fact the new movie will be American made, If was I were them I would make the movie about an American finding the Death Note and a teen Near trying to stop him and have Mello involved somehow. It would make more sense to me.  

G0TH1C G33K

The Cake Tyrant

6,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:29 pm
oh GOD! they can't be serious! Every time America tries to make a live action of an anime or manga they ruin it. please say it ain't so.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:54 pm
I hope it turns out alright...
I'll probably go watch it with my friends if it actually does come out.
Hope it doesn't ruin Death Note for me if I do end up watching it. D:

yundere

Biggest Trash

dykno_soar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:22 pm
That leaked script on the internet has been completely thrown out by Shane Black and they're rewriting it. :] No more Luke whatever! biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:40 pm
I'm curious about what an American Death Note movie would be like. A lot of people are saying that if they do make one it will be terrible because in most cases when an american movie comes out based on a manga/anime (e.i. Dragon Ball Z) they change it a lot. But I think there's a possibility that it'll be okay. A lot of the talk going on about it are probably just rumors though.  

AlmostRulingTheWorld
Crew

Sonrais Ishime

Romantic Muse

10,675 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:44 pm
Oh! Please, America always tried to copy the best movies for then spoil movies.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:50 pm
G0TH1C G33K
If it were me, I would make the new movie a continuation of the Japanese live action movies. If you haven't seen them yet, stop reading, i might spoil something.

In the Japanese ones, L doesn't die by Kira/Light's plan, he writes his own name in the Death Note. In the film L Change The World, also known as The Last 23 Days Of L, L finds and brings Near to Wammy's House himself.
Based on that and the fact the new movie will be American made, If was I were them I would make the movie about an American finding the Death Note and a teen Near trying to stop him and have Mello involved somehow. It would make more sense to me.

Lol i wouldn't mind watching your version.  

Dynaswhore

Wheezing Genius

6,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100

G0TH1C G33K

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:28 pm
SusuCaptain
G0TH1C G33K

Lol i wouldn't mind watching your version.

News & Announcements

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff