Welcome to Gaia! ::

Death Note Forum

Back to Guilds

Death Note Forum - Come join us for Death Note information, graphics, screenshots, quotes, artwork, news, role play, games, fun and prizes! 

Tags: Death Note, Death Note Forum, Death Note Role Play, Death Note Anime, Death Note Fans 

Reply Death Note Discussion
Who was really justice: L or Light? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who was justice?
Light
17%
 17%  [ 9 ]
L
53%
 53%  [ 28 ]
Neither
28%
 28%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 52

AceWaldo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:19 pm
I think it's L but when you think about it he was just as bad as Light - he was willing to sacrifice death-row criminals for the purposes of the investigation. e.g. Lind L Taylor  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:28 pm
Anyone who thinks that either of these deeply flawed characters actually embodies justice has problems. That said, I would side with Light over L. While both of these characters had massive egos, I believe that Light truly wanted to make the world a better place. I don't believe that L cared one way or the other. His pursuit of Kira was pretty much just a game to him.  

Zaige Delecroix

sweet three dog

O.G. Lover

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:21 pm
indentI would have to agree and say that Light was the anime/manga's 'justice'. Though the power proved itself to be his end, he had a lot of it, and not many people could handle it for as long as he did. Instead of killing people who bullied him or got in his way, Light chose to kill criminals that were hurting society. It was, overall, an attempt to purify the human race of all evil, and although the attempt would have been in vain no matter what – evil will never completely disappear from the human race – his intentions were good, whilst L (as someone mentioned before) felt it as a game and just wanted to 'win'.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:31 pm
Niether stressed  

Her Silent Cries

Nezumi69

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:09 pm
I voted neither. I don't believe there is a absolute justice, The line between good and evil is a blurred one.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:27 pm
i think L because if you think about it Light was also killing innocent people to like people who were trying to figure out about the note book, and that girl with the husband who died because of light...

so defiantly its L who is a Hero  

Zomplode

Magical Bunny

DomaDoma

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:34 pm
I chose L on the poll, because hell if I'm going to equate him with Light, but it's canon that Light's dad is the real voice of justice.

Actually, come to think of it, Amnesia!Light is really really justice. He's got L's brains and Souichirou's moral core. Sometimes I think L's comment about the succession wasn't just a playing-gotcha ********, that on some level, he actually meant it.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:19 am
L

Light is just a murderer.
'knoff said.  

Deniera Knight

Fairy-Amazon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:34 am
L

Light reminds of Dr. Jekyll and NO ONE wants someone like that getting all evil on you!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:39 am
they were both right from diffrent points of view, Light had the right train of thought but the wrong actions. as did L, the only diffrence in my eyes was their actions...  

Akarui kishi Zane

Chocolate And The Games

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:12 pm
Overall~
Neither one of them can be viewed as 'Justice'.
That said, neither one of them can be viewed as truly evil either.

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions"
And both of them had good intentions. Whatever the reason for L picking up the Kira case~ And for whatever reason Light chose to try and rid the world of evil~They both stood to help humanity.
Either one of them could have pursued different options~ Different methods and activities~ Yet both of them applied their brains to this)specific area.

(I'd go into more detail and debate but my head is dead right now.
~kicks kids out the window
>BU~

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:45 pm
*Turns on mic*
Ehm... L. That is all.  

TheseElegantCrimes

Relatively Crazy

5,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:23 pm
Neither

Though both had well intentions, but to define "Justice" Is exactly like defining good and bad, as good and bad are only based on ones morals. Nothing is good and nothing is bad, only with ones morals do we see good and bad.

Like say someone puts down a puppy for being ill. One might think that is goo to put that pup out of its misery. Another might think it's bad as you could have tried harder to treat the illness in the pup.

So very similar with those who do crimes should be killed or not and put in jail.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:26 pm
Both tried to be right or say they were justice and i really really think that it is L & Light ....  

C A N D Y COATED SMILES

6,050 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Harmonic Heaven

Invisible Friend

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:13 pm
Neither.

I loved both characters, but I believe the world needs the balance of good and bad, and neither of them were actually bad. They had the mix of flaws just like real life people do.

Death Note Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff