Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pastor Danielle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:18 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:32 pm
Dude, that's totally awesome. Very helpful. I know I'm going to use it to help me enhance my own prayer life, because Lord knows I don't pray as much as I should (excuse the pun xd ).  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

XxArikaxX

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:29 pm
This is really helpful 3nodding , i pray in my room or downstairs sometimes when everyone at home is a sleep , i read the bible before praying or using the bible as a prayer (like psalms..etc).

I think i need to start choosing an hour at day time and night to pray , and i might start using candles at night while praying , i think it helps just to feel more into praying. 3nodding

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:12 pm
Prayer is a way to comunicate with heavenly father, i pray mostly at night(kneel and pray for forgiving, thanks giving). well, i am a new christian, can i pray without kneel down or something? i usually pray when i doing activities..  

gorganng

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:52 pm
You can pray however you like. There's nothing in the Bible that tells us we have to kneel. For all God cares, we could stand on our head while we pray (though it's probably easier not to eek ). You can pray at any time also, it doesn't necessarily have to be at night or in the morning (though those are both great ways to both begin and end your day). Pray when you're going to school, pray when you're driving to work, pray when you're walking the dog, pray while you wash dishes, pray while you take a shower, pray while you fold laundry, pray however, and whenever you want so that you can get the best out of your prayer life and relationship with Christ.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:50 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
You can pray however you like. There's nothing in the Bible that tells us we have to kneel. For all God cares, we could stand on our head while we pray (though it's probably easier not to eek ). You can pray at any time also, it doesn't necessarily have to be at night or in the morning (though those are both great ways to both begin and end your day). Pray when you're going to school, pray when you're driving to work, pray when you're walking the dog, pray while you wash dishes, pray while you take a shower, pray while you fold laundry, pray however, and whenever you want so that you can get the best out of your prayer life and relationship with Christ.

3nodding I will just second what Andrea has said biggrin  

Pastor Danielle

XxArikaxX

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:43 pm
gorganng
Prayer is a way to comunicate with heavenly father, i pray mostly at night(kneel and pray for forgiving, thanks giving). well, i am a new christian, can i pray without kneel down or something? i usually pray when i doing activities..

Like fushigi said , also you should know that God cares alot more for what comes from the spirit or the heart than body movments , dont worry about it , when i started my walk with Christ i used to kneel down because i thought thats what i should do , but then i started reading books about praying and well i pray now sitting on my bed before i sleep or when i wake up looking out the window at the sky or just when brushing my hair. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:10 am
I think we all need to realize that God is like a Father, He wants intimacy, He wants a relastionship with us. Being with God is not a Religious expierence! It's not about ritualistic steps, its not about laws, its not about bring repeitive. Its about you crying out to your Father, its about Praising Him, its about Thanksgiviing.... Be comfortable with God, there have been times were I am just so in awe with God that I kneel, or lays face down on my face, but you don't have to kneel... Be Lead by Him as you pray and speak with Him. Cause He loves you, and I granty the one thing He wants most is to Embrass you as your Father. heart heart heart  

Pastor Danielle

Kata Tsubasa no Tenshi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:29 pm
just saying, God is our Father no matter what and he will always love us...that's what's good about this religion, though there are tons of things that show all of us that Our God is the real God. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:47 pm
I pray all the time. It's what really keeps me going through the day.

If I didn't believe in God I would be completely stranded, to say the least.

Prayer is almost never in the same format. It's a really personal thing, and different people feel closer to God in different ways.  

Captain_Theoretical

freelance lover
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:44 pm
Prayer is a way to talk with God. I basically believe God already knows everythign we need, think, and feel, but praying is talking to him and acknowledging him. I often pray before I go to bed, but my mind tends to wander so I've taken to writing out prayers in my online diary sometimes. I get less side tracked and I'm able to say what I want mroe clearly.

I also have a tendancy to pray at random. For instance, if I'm having just a fabulous time with some friends and I couldn't be happier I'll say in my head "Dear God, thank you for moment like this. Amen!"  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:15 pm
How I pray may be different then how some of u pray. Anyways, wat I do is thank God for everything He's done for me (and I'm always sincere and honest), then I give Him my needs and my wants and I thank Him again. As long as your prayer is from your heart and as long as it's not a prayer that treats God like He's some Jeanie, who fufills all wishes, and as long it's not an "evil" prayer (i.e: asking God to kill someone), then you are actually praying. Always have faith in God, and always believe that God is bigger then your problems and that He's big enough and strong enough to satisfy and need and give u wat He knows is best for you.  

thejesusfreak

Imotoku

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:43 pm
Being able to pray in tongues is another way to pray.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:17 pm
I usually pray when I go to bed. Usually during the day I'm just too distracted to pray, and I forget what I'm praying for, who's on my list, etc. So at night, as I'm falling asleep, I talk to God, because it calms me and helps me fall asleep. 3nodding  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Pastor Danielle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:26 pm
Imotoku
Being able to pray in tongues is another way to pray.

Very true... its like Paul says in Romans "The Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words can not express."

When we pray in tongue its like a direct language between us and God... sometimes our simple words just don't feel like enough thats when speaking in tongues is so awesome... <3

Prayer Requests {Let's help each other out}

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff