Submit

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:41 pm
This topic is geared towards those of you who are actively reading your Bibles right now. wink What are you currently reading in your Bible, and what are some of your thoughts on what you're reading? I'd put forth my own bit for this, but I haven't cracked my Bible in ... far too long. confused Last I recall I was reading something in Romans I believe. I kind of really like Romans -- well, actually, I kind of really like all of the Epistles. I just feel like they're very relevant. 3nodding

Anyway, your turn.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:45 pm
`Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou,' I said, `art sure no craven.
Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the nightly shore -

Can we put down our non-biblical books in here too if we're reading those as well.

As far as the Bible...I'm always reading random verses because of how much time I've spent in the M&R using it to debate with. But last time I was in a Bible Study it was in the Book of Matthew I think..

I also participate in a friend's Book of Mormon study and I think we were in Mosach or something..

Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:01 am
I think non-Bible related books might be more relevant for the chatterbox thread; I'm trying to keep the newer threads a little more relevant to the purpose of the guild in an attempt to wake it up, as it were. sweatdrop

I've flipped through the Qu'ran, but never the Book of Mormon. I should probably do that sometime. confused

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:05 am
Fushigi na Butterfly
I think non-Bible related books might be more relevant for the chatterbox thread; I'm trying to keep the newer threads a little more relevant to the purpose of the guild in an attempt to wake it up, as it were. sweatdrop

I've flipped through the Qu'ran, but never the Book of Mormon. I should probably do that sometime. confused
`Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou,' I said, `art sure no craven.
Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the nightly shore -

Okay xD

I've never read the Qur'an xD

I can try bugging my friend for the online Book of Mormon that she uses for the studies and message you the link smile

Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:19 am
I actually owned a Book of Mormon once. I was nice once upon a time and let the poor guys in who'd knocked on my door, and they left a copy with me. It was... different. Though to be honest, the more I read through it, the less seriously I could take it as a religion.

As for the Bible... I haven't cracked mine in a while either. *shameface* I've mostly looked up the passages I need online when I need to reference something. My non-religious books are taking up all of my free time.

I'm a bad captain. emo  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:19 pm
Feel my pain, Ryuu, feel my pain. xd  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

freelance lover
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:23 pm
I haven't really touched my Bible in a while either. Most of my reading of it was for my religion classes.

I'm working my way through the Hitchhiker's Guide series, but I'm thinking I'm going to be distracted by a book I got on a woman who escaped the FLDS. That's sort of relevant, right?

My best friend is Mormon, so I feel like I should be more familiar with it, but I'm not. I was a bridesmaid in her wedding though, even though I couldn't enter the temple xD

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:38 pm
This does remind me that I haven't read a bible in a few years, I really should pick one up and give it a read.

I have read the Qu'ran, but thank you for reminding me. I love to read as many religious texts as always, and somehow now I just realized I missed the book of Mormon. To the stores!  

Lord Maxdom

Call Me Apple

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:12 am
I've read the Qur'an in its entirety.

I've never read the Bible completley, and the only person I know who has is my father. He used to be a Pastor ^^

Has anyone here EVER read the Bible from cover to cover? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:01 am
Call Me Apple

I've never read the Bible completley, and the only person I know who has is my father. He used to be a Pastor ^^

I have, minus revelations though, it was years ago when I did it.  

Requiem Arc

Lord Maxdom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:04 am
I've read many versions cover to cover, and of course there is no way I could remember most of what I've read in it, so I've forgotten almost all of it. gonk

Due to memory troubles, I have to constantly keep reading such large texts, or I will easily confuse things.

"Oh yeah, Genesis, that part with Job right? And he, what did he do. He was that guy who slept with his two daughters right?"  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:00 pm
Call Me Apple

I have. smile But it was years ago. sweatdrop I've been meaning to do it again though.  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:57 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
Call Me Apple

I have. smile But it was years ago. sweatdrop I've been meaning to do it again though.

I have also, in my early teens. Unlike Fushigi, I have NO desire to do it again. At least straight through. Maybe if I can read a book like Genesis then skip to an epistle or something. I remember it became more of a chore than something I WANTED to do. Also, it gets really bogged down right about the time Leviticus comes in. Reading more than a few chapters of that a night can make you feel like your brain is leaking out of your ears.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:52 am
Call Me Apple

I have, i don't think i ever got around to finishing Revelations though in the read through. With all my studies i think i read the whole book though.  

Zolof Keeper Of Souls

Galad Aglaron

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:57 pm
I've read some of the Qu'ran; I'm currently reading the chapter on women. It's astonishingly egalitarian. I'm also reading The Four Loves, by C.S. Lewis. It might interest a few of you, since it's very Christian in nature (the man was, after all, responsible for the Chronicles of Narnia) and most thought-provoking.

I'm studying Ancient Israel next semester. I get to read the Torah for homework! Yay!  

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games