Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:09 am
User Image

I'm helping out a guild and we are having a lot of issues.
Mainly because people are getting butthurt about a rule we have.

It's the "Be Active Rule"
At least post once a month.
Or you will be removed from the guild.

We were really lenient on this rule but the guild started to get inactive again so we started to enforce it.
Now I am getting hate mail and people are ranting in the main fourm.

I have sent out two announcements, telling everyone that we are doing a spring cleaning so if you want to stay in the guild please post. If you don't then to make it easier for the mods please quit. I wasn't rude.

Guys i don't know what to do, any advice?

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:14 am
That rule is fairly simple to follow. If the have any complaints about it then it is their faults. Report the hate mail and give warnings to the people causing a stink.  

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

Empty Spiral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:22 am
[~+~]

Pretty much what broken_bleeding_angel said.

We should do that too really. I was looking through the other day, and about 40 pages worth of users have made 0 posts. gonk

I would also ban anyone who is being really rude about it.
It's not really a lot to ask in all honesty - and they're being a bit hypocritical, as they're posting as they rant...
;>_>

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:30 am
K R A Y Z E H SEZ:

Yup yup i agree with the above posts and OP too.

That rule isn't exactly life changing if you know what i mean.
These kind of people will join a Guild, not post, then b***h at anyone they can if they get kicked out.
It's just to help keep the Guild active and kick the ones who join for the hell of it.

Also, i can't believe you actually got hate mail.
Some people are so... *can't think of a good enough word here*User Image

/END.

TH3_G1ITCH_

Enduring Receiver

13,300 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Cat Fancier 100

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:31 am
User Image

You mean I can report all of the hate mail?
I didn't know that.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:32 am
My hate mail. lol

astupidmoron
First you invite us to join a booty grab thread. Now you send two so called announcments saying to post or else. You used us who have tanks to bribe us into joining and posting in your guild for those tanks. That is very immature even for teens! I help take care of this account with my older sister, the account belongs to our parents who are expecting newborns shortly. We both are in school/collage and have little time to play immature games with people who bribe and try to blackmail people. I will remove my tank from your guild and leave.

Perhaps I should let others know you are using people with tanks for your own selfish means to promote a guild that has NOTHING to offer its memebers!

Eric and Raina

admin
You have been invited by Testicular Diabetes to join Weird Inc.. This Guild has an entry fee of 0 gold to join. This amount will be automatically deducted from your account if you accept the request.

Please choose from one of the following options:
Testicular Diabetes has also included this reason for inviting you:
Testicular Diabetes
Hello, I saw you in Gaias Aquarium Fourm.
We have opened up our own Booty Grab thread.
I am only inviting the people with awesome tanks, so if you get this invite feel loved. =)

If you want to post your tank then click this link
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=20731323
Or you can find it in our Games and Contest Sub Fourm, its a sticky.

I hope you join the guild! ^^

"Posted: Sun Jan 16 2011 19:01:33

We have 755 members in this guild yet only a few are posting.
Guys we need you to start posting, this goes for the mods too.
We all need you guys to be somewhat active, please start posting or we might start banning people for inactivity.

Mods who are inactive will be getting demoted if you aren't posting, we need our crew to be active.

So please show the guild some love and post, look through the sub fourms make threads do whatever.

Just start posting or the Decepticons will be taking you to the gallows!!!"

"Posted: Mon Jan 17 2011 17:01:55

#1. We are cleaning out the members list, if you have not posted for a month or longer we will remove you.
Please to make it easier for us, if you have no intention of posting in our guild please quit.
If you want to stay in our guild then post, if you don't like our threads then make your own.
Thank you. =)

#2. Also we have gotten rid of the Safe List, we saw that some people were abusing it.

#3. We have also updated the rules, please go read them. They are in the main fourm.

#4. All mods please visit the Backroom. We have updated the ground rules there."
User Image

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:39 am
I don't see anything in that pm that constituets as "hateful".

It's just disgruntled mail. Nothing to worry about.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:41 am
User Image

Well it's someone pitching a fit about someone enforcing the rules.
That and she was threatening to tell others that our guild just uses people.

If that ain't hate mail then what is?

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

broken_bleeding_angel

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:53 am
They're just disgruntled about the posting stuff. It's just talk. Disregard it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:45 pm
[~+~]

It's not as if you harrassed them to post their tank in the thread...At the end of the day, they didn't have to join the guild if they didn't want to. o.O;

And "immature games"?
They're just being...i would use english slang insults...
But they're just being SILLY. Or words slightly more rude to that effect. c:

And i don't think you could report that sort of PM unfortunately.
Unless it has any specific hate insults or threats...It's not quite aggressive enough (as horrible as it sounds) in my opinion.
What did you reply with, out of interest?

To be honest, their reply overall was pretty immature in my opinion. And if they feel that your guild has nothing to offer, nothing is stopping them from leaving it. x.x;

Some people just make me very angry.
xD;

User Image

Empty Spiral

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:50 pm
User Image

I told her..

You don't have time to post in the guild yet you have the time to type out a tl;dr pm.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:29 pm
[~+~]

rofl

Good on you.

Unfortunately i have too much of a conscience for that sort of thing.
I was having a go at a girl in the guild last week (shan't disclose details for privacy), but ended up half apologising each time because i felt bad for what i was saying.
Next time i just need to ban them instantly.
gonk

User Image

Empty Spiral

Immoral Oblivion

Distinct Noob

9,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:29 pm
User Image

User Image
I don't see the point the whole 'you have to post' rule. Tons and tons of successful guilds have a huge percent of nonposting members, and when guilds do that it gives an atmosphere of them taking Gaia too seriously. It's just a game so I don't see why they'd have to do something just to stay in a guild(Unless they rank higher than member.) Even though it's just pointing once a month, it still is a bit of scrutiny. That's just my opinion on it, though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:42 pm
I think as the captain of a guild (especially a successful guild) you are definitely going to get mail from upset members every now and then, I wouldn't see it as 'hate mail', and I would try not to take it personally, but maybe you can get something from this? When you look at your join message, and you look at what those members wrote, you can see your join message is maybe a little misleading:

Testicular Diabetes
Hello, I saw you in Gaias Aquarium Fourm.
We have opened up our own Booty Grab thread.
I am only inviting the people with awesome tanks, so if you get this invite feel loved. =)

If you want to post your tank then click this link
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=20731323
Or you can find it in our Games and Contest Sub Fourm, its a sticky.

I hope you join the guild! ^^

To make things run smoother, maybe you could next time include something in this message about the wonderful community your guild has and make it clear in the message that the user would be required to post and be active; because in a lot of guilds that isn't the case, and from the message it does kind of sound like you only expect the user to post their tank. Especially if your guild is not just a booty grab themed guild, make sure to tell people about what else is there, and make what you expect of them clear from the start.  

icdogjt nlkalsfmk

7,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:23 pm
Guildies should be posting way more than once a month. =/
I find that rule incredibly lenient! If they're not active, why take up space and not know what's going on? Inactive guildies aren't up to date with the monthly stuff that goes on in a guild, and it's kind of important to do be involved.

Maybe stress this rule more to new guild members -- on the front page and in the rules thread.
Also, I'd give consideration to guildies with stuff going on in their lives -- as long as they let you know about it.

It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff