Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
"with Cream & Sugar" Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

slave to my artistry

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:23 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hey, what's up. This is my weight loss journal.

"with Cream & Sugar" is the dreaded quote that I add to the end of my Dunkin Donutes Large Ice Coffee orders;
which is one of many habits I'm hoping to kick.

AboutMe
I'm 19 years old.
Second semester into college; psychology major.
Full-time student.
5'6 (I think. Haven't gotten my height measured since I was in the 7th grade).
Currently sitting here at 225 lbs.

OverallGoal
I want to begin with "Dr. Oz's 10 lbs Challenge" as a confidence builder, then I hope to shoot for the stars and get below 150 lbs.

WeeklyGoal
Week 1 - Lose 2 lbs.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:29 am
Dec 26th @ 10:25am

What a way to start off my journey to weight loss.

I got up at 6am and ate chicken and yams. Lots of it. FML. But only because I didn't eat last night, I fell asleep by the time Christmas Dinner was finished.

Breakfast
Chicken and stuffing.
Large Ice Coffee w/ Cream & Sugar.

Dec 26th @ 10:56am

Going to walk to Advance Auto Parts, approximately 0.33 miles from my house, to get some steering fluid for my car.

Updated @ 12:12pm
Ended up walking there, forgetting what kind of fluid I needed, and walked back, then back again. So I guess.. 1.32 miles?

Dec 26th @ 3:02pm

Ate a small bacon cheeseburger for lunch.

Lunch
Small Bacon Cheeseburger

Dec 26th @ 7:29pm

Worked out my arms a bit with my 20 lbs dumbbells before dinner. First day was really sloppy, hope I'll be able to put together a solid plan tomorrow.

Dinner
A few slices of chicken breast.
Two scoops of stuffing.
Glass of whole milk.

slave to my artistry

RoseAintMean

5,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:15 am
Welcome and Good Luck! =] heart

I think your title is cute.

Make sure to make little steps/goals along the way to help, instead of just trying to get to the one goal.

=]  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:43 am
Hey welcome and good luck. I also think your title is good, it made me laugh a little... I thought its about coffee smile !  

Lainauriel

slave to my artistry

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:11 pm
Thank guys, going to need that luck.

And I'll take that advice, RoseAintMean, maybe it'll make my end-goal feel more realistic. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:05 am
Dec 27th @ 9:05am

Ate one slice of white bread with peanut butter smeared on it; little bit of jelly.

Breakfast
Peanut butter & jelly sandwich..

Dec 27th @ 10:38am

Did 45 minutes of stretching and leg workouts (leg lunches, squats, etc).

Dec 27th @ 12:34pm

Shoveled snow for an hour and a half.

Dec 27th @ 1:23pm

Ate another peanut butter & jelly sandwich, with two slices of bread this time.

Lunch
Peanut butter & jelly sandwich.

Dec 27th @ 3:15pm

I couldn't resist; I had a can of Dr. Pepper.

Dec 27th @ 7:42pm

Had a slice of apple pie (or at least I think it was..) earlier today, felt guilty, so I ran 3.20 miles on the treadmill for an hour (not including the additional 5 minutes I did as a cool down).

Dec 27th @ 8:14pm

Ate a bowl of cereal for dinner, whole milk.

Dinner
Cereal.  

slave to my artistry

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:11 pm
I dont want to jump the gun given that most of us are still recovering after xmas and have a lot of crazy xmas foods around that are yet to be eaten or resisted, but does Dr. Oz's 10lb challenge have an eating plan? Or do you have one yourself? Seems a little chaotic at the moment (although Im not really one to talk at this time of year lol!)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:35 am
Iconised Ghost
I dont want to jump the gun given that most of us are still recovering after xmas and have a lot of crazy xmas foods around that are yet to be eaten or resisted, but does Dr. Oz's 10lb challenge have an eating plan? Or do you have one yourself? Seems a little chaotic at the moment (although Im not really one to talk at this time of year lol!)

As far as I know, it's just a challenge he put forth nation-wide to get people to lose just 10 pounds. I don't think he offers a solidified eating plan; however, I know he offers a lot of assistance such as the Oz's 10 Weight-Loss Commandments, professional advice, methods he approves of, etc. Oh, and a free bracelet! xD

I haven't done much research on it, I sort of just jumped into it. I thought the concept was awesome, because I remember in my previous weight loss attempts, I was able to lose the first 10 pounds with ease, and when I did, I would feel so confident and motivated to lose the next 10. smile

Official Just 10 Website
Dr. Oz's Offical Website  

slave to my artistry

slave to my artistry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:36 am
Dec 28th @ 8:36am

After taking the trash out, I ate a peanut butter & jelly sandwich, one slice of white bread, of course.

Breakfast
Peanut butter & jelly sandwich.

Dec 28th @ 11:05am

Ate some Special K with Almonds cereal, whole milk.

Lunch
Cereal.

Dec 28th @ 8:06pm

Worked out my arms and abs (slightly!) for a half an hour, and then ran on the treadmill for an hour; 3.20 miles + a 5 minute cool down.

Ended getting some protein! Ate a rib and bit of rice for dinner. And currently having a cup of whole milk

Dinner
A rib of some kind.
A scoop of rice (didn't finish)
A glass of whole milk.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:50 am
I highly recommend making just ONE (at a time) of the changes that Weight Watchers suggested, six or seven years ago when I first joined them. Make just one change, and when it stops feeling like something you have to remember, and starts being just a thing that you do automatically, pick another change and make that. Slow and steady.

1. Drink at least 8 8-oz glasses of water a day. ("Water" can also be any non-alcoholic, non-caffeinated drink without added sugar. Decaf tea/coffee, decaf diet soda, real fruit juice but check the label for added sugars, milk, broth.)

2. Exercise at moderate to high intensity for at least 15 minutes, at least 3 times per week. Walking to and from just about anything would qualify.

3. Eat at least two servings of fruit each day, and at least two servings of vegetables each day. A serving is half a cup of berries, one full apple/grapefruit/orange/et cetera, or one-half of a large banana. A serving of vegetables is one full cup. Rice, potatoes, and corn don't count as vegetables; they count as starches. See below. Again, no sugar added, no fat added.

4. Eat two to four servings of whole grains or potatoes each day (four for teenagers and children, two for adults and small children). Potatoes, corn, and rice count here. It's better if it's brown rice than white. Pastas should be whole grain, such as whole wheat, quinoa, corn, or brown rice pasta.

5. Get two servings of dairy each day. A serving is one cup of milk or yogurt, one-half cup of cottage cheese, or one ounce of hard cheese.

6. Get two to three servings of protein a day. A serving is two to three ounces of beef, pork, or lamb; three to four ounces of chicken or turkey. It could also be two ounces of a NON-FAT cheese (in which case it also counts as a dairy serving), 1/2 cup of beans or peas, 2 ounces of tofu, and so on.

7. Relegate one problem-food to a once-a-week-or-less treat. Problem foods are the things that you tend to binge on, and eat way more than the "one serving" size that's mentioned on the package. If you're tempted to eat the whole bag of cookies or potato chips instead of one small handful, just don't even have them in the house. Find your fifty-two "treat" foods and decide that you're going to have each one just once a year. You'll still get one of those treats every week, and it will seem all the more treat-like for its rarity.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

slave to my artistry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:41 am
^ Thanks for the suggestions, it's nice to have that information laid out for me; I've been doing my research in pieces lately. I think I've already incorporated #1, #2, and #5 into my plan already.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:49 pm
I agree. Cereal is all well and good for a bit of fibre and protein, but its not a great meal to have every meal every day. And its probably going to get pretty boring! Here's an example of what I eat (remember that your caloric intake needs are going to be different to mine, I am probably smaller than you and getting towards the end of my weightloss journey)

Breakfast
Poached egg on whole grain toast

or

Muesli with low fat yoghurt or milk

or

homemade smoothie (berries, ice, low fat yoghurt)

Snack
Fruit

or

Boiled egg

or

Low fat yoghurt

or

Soup

or

A couple of vitawheat crackers with hummus

Lunch
Usually leftovers from dinner- small portion meat, some veg or salad, probably a wholegrain pita or bread, or some kind of carb like potato or pasta

Snack
Choice of same as first snack

Dinner
Something with lean meat, plenty of veg, a little carb. There are heaps of awesome recipes out there, my fav at the moment is www.skinnytaste.com, but Jamie Oliver's homecooking skills is also a good resource

This is just to give you some ideas. Peanut butter and jam sandwiches on white bread and cereal just arent going to give you what you need i dont think smile  

Iconised Ghost

slave to my artistry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:37 am
Ah, yeah, I know cereal and PB&J's are exactly the best of choices. xD But I'm snowed in right now, so I just eat what's available to me, with the least amount of calories. I don't even have all that much fruit available to me! eek I just snack on a couple of almonds.

By the way, are you successful with that eating plan? Because as much as I want to eat eggs and yogurt, I keep thinking about the calories! Gah.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:39 am
Dec 29th @ 11:39am

I ate some Special K Cereal with almonds at around.. 8:30 am with 2% Milk.

Breakfast
Cereal.

Dec 29th @ 1:20pm

Had some chicken breast, skinless.

Lunch
Chicken.

Dec 30th @ 8:15am

Worked out my triceps.. That's about it. I ate a peanut butter jelly sandwich, then slept four hours later.

Dinner
PBJ.  

slave to my artistry

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:10 am
slave to my artistry
...I just snack on a couple of almonds.

...as much as I want to eat eggs and yogurt, I keep thinking about the calories! Gah.

Nuts are very healthy, but very fatty, so eat them in moderation, such as in small amounts as a salad topper.

One of the reasons Weight Watchers worked so well for me was the Points that they assign to everything, based on the number of calories, grams of fat, and grams of fiber that each food contains. Fourteen almonds is four Points on the Weight Watchers point-scale; two whole eggs are also four points. Both contain some protein, but eggs contain more, and will fill you up faster so you don't eat as much. If you join WW for even just the minimum 12 weeks to get the literature and materials (which are INCREDIBLY helpful, especially the Dining Out Guide and the Points Calculator), what you'll learn there will really help you assess what you're actually eating, so you can make smarter choices for yourself.  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff