Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply The White Tomb [Archives]
Introducing the HPGoG Task Force! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you read the Entrance Hall announcement?
Yep!
81%
 81%  [ 18 ]
Not yet!!! <--- in that case, read it now!
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 22

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:02 pm
Welcome & Table of Contents | Information | How to Sign Up | FAQ | Meet the Task Force

Hey Guys! I'm the Head Elf (that you probably haven't seen for ages). I'm so glad you're visiting this thread because it means you're interested in helping the guild get active again! Although our activity is still pretty high, Professor Adonis (and the rest of us) would love to become the most active Harry Potter guild again...
but we need your help for that!
Most of us know how fun HPGoG can be. For those that don't....you joined our awesome guild at a pretty difficult point. We've had a lot of recent changes, particularly with the Mod Squad, and we're still trying to adapt to them. However, the guild mustn't die because the Mod Squad is adapting and being busy with their real lives. So, we're creating the first-ever HPGoG task-force.
I'm usually long winded, but I'll try to be as short (and informative) as possible!
Please read the next three posts BEFORE posting in this thread

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:17 pm
Welcome & Table of Contents | Information | How to Sign Up | FAQ | Meet the Task Force

The Task Force is a temporary group created to help HPGoG stay active. The group is TEMPORARY and members of the Task Force are only expected to fulfill their duties until the start of Spring Term 2011 (TBA).
The Task Force is voluntary AND selective. That means you have to fill out an application. There are three IMPORTANT things to know before you apply. Briefly:
1) Task Force members must be online at least three times a week (Monday-Sunday) OR at least two hours each week.
2) Task Force members are required to recruit at least TWO new members to the guild each month.
3) Task Force members must be trustworthy, reliable, and dedicated to helping the Mod Squad make HPGoG better!

The good news is ANYONE (except mods) can apply, regardless of when you joined the guild, your number of posts, etc.

For those members of the Task Force, Professor Adonis has your headquarters here. He'll explain everything in more detail. Also, that's where you'll find more current information about what you're doing!
(That thread should have General Duties, Current Assignment, Previous Assignments, BlackBoard/Tips Anything Else such as signing in, signing out, tips on recruiting.)

IceeWitch

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:21 pm

To Sign Up, you must PM a completed application to Professor Adonis. If the application process is open, he should respond within 48 hours. NEVER send your application to ANYONE else, including me.
Applications are currently OPEN

I WANT TO JOIN THE TASK FORCE

Please copy and paste the following message into a PM to Professor Adonis. Please place your answers in the brackets.

Professor, I want to help out!

:arrow: I've been in the guild for [insert time here. Does not have to be exact, but please be as specific as possible]

:arrow: I'm dependable because [insert reason here. Please don't write a long paragraph because a few sentences is fine.]

:arrow: I'm trustworthy and [insert name of someone who could vouch for you; you need at least one reference] agrees!

:arrow: I'm dedicated to the guild because [insert reason here. This is the most important question! Your answer DOES NOT have to be long because a few sentences are acceptable. Just be honest]

I understand the three basic requirements [color=indigo]IceeWitch[/color] mentioned and I'm eager to know more about the Task Force!
[insert RP name and username]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:22 pm

Do you have to be a student to apply?

No!!! Anyone can apply, including house-elves, graduates, and anyone else curious enough to fill out the application!

Are there prizes for being on the Task Force?
No.... although nothing's guaranteed, Professor Adonis usually rewards his helpers. However, if you want to apply because you think there will be prizes... DON'T. You wouldn't like the results.

Do we have to be in the Task Force to help out?
Yes. No one is allowed in the Task Force headquarters, but Task Force members. However, if you want to do something without making the full Term commitment, PM Professor Adonis with specifics.

Does the reference have to be a member of the guild?
Yes! Otherwise we can't really know how reliable/dependable they are. It also prevents people from using mules. If you're looking for a good reference, a great place to start would be asking your Head of House, DH, or prefect. The reference does not have to be a member of your House.

If Task Force members are unable to recruit two new people to the guild, will he/she be banned?
NO! We are NOT accepting just anyone into the Task Force. We want to be sure the people on the Task Force are reliable and willing to help out. For that reason, please don't think that if you are unable to recruit two new people to the guild, that you will be BANNED. That is not a consequence.

If you have a question, feel free to ask in this thread!

IceeWitch

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:24 pm

stormysgirl13 (Sonas)
User Image
tealflower1928 (Ambria)
User Image

The Queen Lana (Lana)
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:48 pm
If you've read Icee's posts, please feel free to post any questions here!

Please refrain from PMing the Mods with questions about the Task Force. Any question you ask will be answered here, and it also helps in case others have your same question!

Professor_Adonis
Captain

Nite of Storms

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:31 am
I have a few basic questions I'd like to ask before I send in my application....
1. Does your refrence need to be part of the guild?
2. Will there be recomendations on how to get people to join the guild?
3. If a member is for some reason unable to get the required 2 members for a month will they be penalized? If so how?

Thank you very much!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:45 am
I can answer those questions.
1) Yes. That way it is someone we all know. It will also help to know how reliably and trust worthy they are.
2) Yes, we do a several in a Special thread waiting for the Members of the Task Force.
3) Yes, they will be penalized, how severe we will have to ask Icee. However, I can tell you that this opportunity can be taken away and worse. How worse? I'll have to discuss.
Your Very Welcome!

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Hyper Nerds Eat Cookies

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:30 pm
Okay, I have a couple questions too, and I'll try not to make them super complicated.

1. If a person in the Task Force finds the two members who try to join and their request ends up declined for some reason, does the effort still count or would they have to find two more people?

2. HYPOTHETICAL SCENARIO: If you are usually on at least the amount of time required but then something comes up (like you get grounded or something), would you still be penalized even though it was something unexpected? (In other words, you were about to get online and stuff but something unexpected comes up and you have to get off whether you were able to notify anyone or not.)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:20 pm
stormysgirl13

3. If a member is for some reason unable to get the required 2 members for a month will they be penalized? If so how?

Thank you very much!

Tina answered your other questions, but I want to add that for students the reference is a lot easier because you can always go to your Head of House first.

For the last question, that answer is answered for members of the task force already. The key thing to remember is we all know that things happen in life and such, so if you communicate well enough with everyone that shouldn't be an issue.

IceeWitch

Nite of Storms

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:23 pm
IceeWitch
stormysgirl13

Thank you very much!

Tina answered your other questions, but I want to add that for students the reference is a lot easier because you can always go to your Head of House first.

For the last question, that answer is answered for members of the task force already. The key thing to remember is we all know that things happen in life and such, so if you communicate well enough with everyone that shouldn't be an issue.

Thank you both for clearing everything up for me!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:26 pm
Hyper Nerds Eat Cookies
Okay, I have a couple questions too, and I'll try not to make them super complicated.

1. If a person in the Task Force finds the two members who try to join and their request ends up declined for some reason, does the effort still count or would they have to find two more people?

2. HYPOTHETICAL SCENARIO: If you are usually on at least the amount of time required but then something comes up (like you get grounded or something), would you still be penalized even though it was something unexpected? (In other words, you were about to get online and stuff but something unexpected comes up and you have to get off whether you were able to notify anyone or not.)

1. We're not strict to the point where good applicants get denied; if they forget to put the secret phrase in the application, we PM them. So to answer your question, the Task Force member would have to have two members accepted (which would be the only recruits we count) into the guild. We don't want you to go out and ask random people to join because this is still a literate guild.

2. No... there's more information in the task force thread, but basically, writing things in the SMB helps a lot. If you got grounded and couldn't let someone know then we would remove you from the TF, but once you were un-grounded you could let Professor Adonis know the situation.

The worse thing that could happen is you'd get banned, but that wouldn't be for things like not getting the 2 members recruited or not logging on to Gaia for weeks. The most likely penalty for any offense would be to get removed from the Task Force. I can't think of a situation where I'd ban someone for this because it's volunteer.

--some questions added to FAQ

IceeWitch

DownAzzLette

12,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:28 pm
Ok i have a few things to say. This is not to put the idea of a task force down at all. I am actually happy the guild is getting on ball and doing this. My only problems is the mandatory 2 members a month. The reason why i say this is because every since Sept. I have went and took the initiative to go into the forums and pming people that i have found are Harry Potter fans also. I have told them about our guild and invited them to join. I send out atleast 20+ pms a month. I get atleast 10 replys back telling me no, asking me not to pm them, or to refrain from contacting them ever again. The others would read the pm but not reply back. Also before anyone says to just invite/recruit your friends well what about those that hardly have any Harry Potter fan friends. I know i don't besides the ones i have made from this very guild.

I'm truly not putting this idea down. I love it. I just tend to think outside the box some and take some of my experience (efforts) and look at all the outcomes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:35 am
DownAzzLette
Ok i have a few things to say. This is not to put the idea of a task force down at all. I am actually happy the guild is getting on ball and doing this. My only problems is the mandatory 2 members a month. The reason why i say this is because every since Sept. I have went and took the initiative to go into the forums and pming people that i have found are Harry Potter fans also. I have told them about our guild and invited them to join. I send out atleast 20+ pms a month. I get atleast 10 replys back telling me no, asking me not to pm them, or to refrain from contacting them ever again. The others would read the pm but not reply back. Also before anyone says to just invite/recruit your friends well what about those that hardly have any Harry Potter fan friends. I know i don't besides the ones i have made from this very guild.

I'm truly not putting this idea down. I love it. I just tend to think outside the box some and take some of my experience (efforts) and look at all the outcomes.

I feel like an initiative like that would definitely be an exception to that rule. the rule is in place so that the TF at least tries to recruit. If it's already evident that you try, then you have nothing to worry about. Like I said, the recruitment part goes more in detail in the TF thread.  

IceeWitch

Professor_Adonis
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:45 am
Let me clear up something!

We are NOT accepting just anyone into the Task Force. We want to be sure the people on the Task Force are reliable and willing to help out. For that reason, please don't think that if you are unable to recruit two new people to the guild, that you will be BANNED. That is not a consequence.

The White Tomb [Archives]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff