Welcome to Gaia! ::

Street Art Guild

Back to Guilds

Whether you do graffiti, paste ups, stickers, stencils or even just art inspired by them, this is the place to hang out 

Tags: graffiti, sticker, stencil, paste, design 

Reply Street Art Guild
You say goodbye... Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is this a good idea or a disaster waiting to happen?
  It could work.
  No chance!
View Results

Damon Zane

2,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:07 am
I know no one cares but I will be gone for the next month-ish. But during this leave I am going to work on a story for the guild. It will involve everyone here, that is a regular, and when I return I should have a pilot. If anyone has any comments or concerns hit me up. I will be here tomorrow, 12/14/10 and that is when my vacation will start.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:02 pm
I AM A REGULAR.
Sortasorta.
xD I just wanna see myself in a story. biggrin  

SADERR
Crew

xXx_Gwee_xXx

3,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:19 pm
i would like to be in da story too, if that's not too much trouble  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:47 pm
Woa ok, this sounds a little different. I'm down =D  

izak1399
Captain

5,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
  • Flatterer 200

Damon Zane

2,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:01 am
The idea of the story is to follow a toy on his way to the top. It will combine stories from the guild, such as jumping off of billboards onto a truck, and treating our "locals" as the legends that guide our hero on his way. I would like to see what type of roles you guys want to play in this story, parts might be posted between my break, name these character both actual name and graff name, and pieces through out the story. Maybe this will bring the guild back to life. whee  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:07 am
just got a live journal account made up so I am half way started.  

Damon Zane

2,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

SADERR
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:42 pm
Real name; Jon
Tag: SADE

If anything, I'd just like to ask not to misrepresent me, and I think the same can be said for everyone. We're all our own people, and we all have realistic personalities.
Example; I'm a slightly-girly nerdy goth kid.
It's not a cool thing to be, especially as a writer. But that is moi. Lmao. As a writer myself (In the literary term, not graffiti term) I understand it can be difficult to capture anyone right, so go at it however you wish.

I personally LOVE this idea dude. I cannot wait to read it, and perhaps I'll write something as well, but not anytime too soon.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:08 am
Dayam !

Shame my real name is Jonathan too.

British

Known as Troika or 75c

Autistic.

JKBA ( Just Kant Be Arsed ) To graff that is.

Tend not to hit Trains and Tubes or Electrics. Like to root out those out of the way locations , for a chilled piece.

However , does tend to bomb his local area with ditties and the odd paint pen.  

Nash-eoke_The Patcher

Dedicated Citizen

SOEP ONE
Crew

The Committee Staff Member

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • nuGen Staff 25
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:19 am
What is this? If it involves my name getting up, then sign me up. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:24 am
Jonathonn
Real name; Jon
Tag: SADE

If anything, I'd just like to ask not to misrepresent me, and I think the same can be said for everyone. We're all our own people, and we all have realistic personalities.
Example; I'm a slightly-girly nerdy goth kid.
It's not a cool thing to be, especially as a writer. But that is moi. Lmao. As a writer myself (In the literary term, not graffiti term) I understand it can be difficult to capture anyone right, so go at it however you wish.

I personally LOVE this idea dude. I cannot wait to read it, and perhaps I'll write something as well, but not anytime too soon.

This is perfect. If you want to be in the story this is what I would like to see. In all honesty this is one of the hardest stories to write so far. I kno certain things about the graffiti culture but I am struggling to make a story out of it. So as time goes on I would ask everyone here to critique my work and I may even start a story committee for this to help me along.

Remember, This is for all of us, not one person writing a story.  

Damon Zane

2,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Damon Zane

2,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:26 am
Nash-eoke_ the patcher
Dayam !

Shame my real name is Jonathan too.

British

Known as Troika or 75c

Autistic.

JKBA ( Just Kant Be Arsed ) To graff that is.

Tend not to hit Trains and Tubes or Electrics. Like to root out those out of the way locations , for a chilled piece.

However , does tend to batter his local area.

Thank you for the info, I will be sure to put you in and paint you in the best of light.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:30 am
SOEP ONE

Sure enough. Give me information about how you want to be seen and I will make you a legend.....or so the story will make you out to be. wink  

Damon Zane

2,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

SOEP ONE
Crew

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • nuGen Staff 25
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:48 am
Damon Zane
SOEP ONE

Sure enough. Give me information about how you want to be seen and I will make you a legend.....or so the story will make you out to be. wink

This s**t is more like a biography. But that should be enough information for you... lol

I go by SOEP ONE. The name doesn't make you, YOU make the NAME. So don't ask what it means, cause it has no meaning. It's pronounced like SOAP, minus the A in exchange for an E. Some call it illiterate, but I call it... Actually I don't call it anything. LOL
I've been a graffiti artist since I was 11. But I've been bombing before I even knew what graffiti was. Local graffiti artists inspired me with their murals, and I use to wonder how they could paint something that large. Before the graffiti, I was already into art since I could hold a crayon. My first graffiti, I was between 1 and 2 years old. With a crayon, I scribbled from one side of the wall to the other. In kindergarten, you'd find me getting my hands dirty with the finger paints. For the rest of my time in elementary school, I drew whatever came to mind. When I learned cursive, I wanted to make it look different from everyone else. Hence the hand styles (that's the proper term for "tagging") commenced. Around 7 or 8, I was intrigued by the way comic books wrote their letters, so I started doing bubble letters and block letters. When I started middle school at 11, I saw the older kids marking their names on desks and bathroom stalls. I thought it was weak, so I wrote my name in bubble letters. Obviously I got in trouble (that's what I get for using my real name LOL). One of the older kids saw my style, and they hit me up, asking me if I write. I didn't know WTF they were talking about, and that's when they showed me what's up. After that, I picked it up quick, made a name for myself, and started getting up. I use to write HERO back then, but later found out there was already a more experience graffiti artist writing that. Through the early stages of my graffiti career, I went through several names. Through out high school I started bombing with cans. Clicked up with crews, and fell deep into the lifestyle. In a way, it was meant to be. I was artistic and very competitive with everything. So I guess you can say, graffiti was my first love. After high school I started working, started driving, started getting an income, and started ******** it up EVERY NIGHT for 3 years straight. Battled many crews, got up sick status, couldn't ******** with me or my crew. Obviously mobbing for 3 years straight, EVERY NIGHT, you're going to have a hell of a ******** case if you get caught. Unfortunately, I got way too cocky and got caught slipping. When that happened, I found out the county was looking for everyone in my crew. I got my pad raided, found stacks of cans in my trunk, a backpack full of streaks and mops, buckets of paint and etch in the shed. Usually if you get caught doing graffiti, all you get is a slap on the wrist. A little bit of community service and a misdemeanor on your record. BUT NO... Not in my case, I got slapped with a felony, a month doing time, work release (that s**t is a b***h if you know what it is), and 3 years felony probation. Oh yeah, and over $25,000 in damage, just me alone... LMAO! So yeah, after I caught a case, I paid my dues. I stopped getting up and only did chill spots to piece up and hone my skills. Before, I was all about getting up. But now, I'm just into the artistic part of it. Every now and then, a few slaps here and there, and a clean handstyle just to show these kids what's up. LOL
That is the rise and fall of my career. But I wouldn't really call it a fall, more like a wake up call. Graffiti isn't a fad, a trend, or a phase you go through; It's a lifestyle.

"Writers come, most go. Some figure it out, but most never know."
-SOEP ONE

For those that understand what I'm saying, stay real. cool  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:21 am
s**t, SOEP is an effing legend. a king if ever there was one. Respect man.

I'm not so keen to use my real name. Izak will have to do. Give me some gay a** name if you want. Keep first name biblical coupled with one of those proffession names like smith, hunt, taylor, mason, baker, whatever.
I was a late bloomer with graff. I saw it from a distance, one of my first memories of it was when I was a kid asking my mum what it said. I felt it strange that people would go to the trouble of doing something that no one else could read.
Later on in 2007 I got a commission to do a shirt and they wanted it in a grungy stencil style. I went and did some research and found this book of street art. All these huge bombs and epic pieces by all the big names were in there. It really blew me away. It was like an entire world opening up in front of me. Something that was in plain site, but filtered out. Then I saw that stencils and stickers and paste ups were all part of it, it really inspired me. The job fell through because of some issues with copyrights and s**t (Whole other story), but I kept up with this idea of slaps. then in September of our year our labour party run government tried pushing through legislation to suppress coverage of government going ons 80 days prior to elections. International commentators said that it was the biggest suppression of free speech anywhere in the western world. I was a kid but I was so freakin angry. So I put my voice out in the only way I thought people would notice.
I'm still doing slaps to this day. Toured the country in '08 and got my stickers all over it. Did a bit of tagging along railways but decided it wasn't for me.
No one cares about stickers so I've never been snapped or anything. I've always been on the fringes of the scene really. I introduce people to it and let them run wild, but I never go to far in myself. I'm happy documenting it and experimenting while more talented people go for the big time.  

izak1399
Captain

5,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
  • Flatterer 200

SOEP ONE
Crew

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • nuGen Staff 25
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:14 am
izak1399
s**t, SOEP is an effing legend. a king if ever there was one. Respect man.

I'm not so keen to use my real name. Izak will have to do. Give me some gay a** name if you want. Keep first name biblical coupled with one of those proffession names like smith, hunt, taylor, mason, baker, whatever.
I was a late bloomer with graff. I saw it from a distance, one of my first memories of it was when I was a kid asking my mum what it said. I felt it strange that people would go to the trouble of doing something that no one else could read.
Later on in 2007 I got a commission to do a shirt and they wanted it in a grungy stencil style. I went and did some research and found this book of street art. All these huge bombs and epic pieces by all the big names were in there. It really blew me away. It was like an entire world opening up in front of me. Something that was in plain site, but filtered out. Then I saw that stencils and stickers and paste ups were all part of it, it really inspired me. The job fell through because of some issues with copyrights and s**t (Whole other story), but I kept up with this idea of slaps. then in September of our year our labour party run government tried pushing through legislation to suppress coverage of government going ons 80 days prior to elections. International commentators said that it was the biggest suppression of free speech anywhere in the western world. I was a kid but I was so freakin angry. So I put my voice out in the only way I thought people would notice.
I'm still doing slaps to this day. Toured the country in '08 and got my stickers all over it. Did a bit of tagging along railways but decided it wasn't for me.
No one cares about stickers so I've never been snapped or anything. I've always been on the fringes of the scene really. I introduce people to it and let them run wild, but I never go to far in myself. I'm happy documenting it and experimenting while more talented people go for the big time.

Caught me slippin way too early... But it's cool with me, things happen for a reason. Keep your cans up! cool  
Street Art Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff