Reply The Music Artists Guild
Official Vocalist Thread Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MeiYanohi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:28 am
Heya, I'm new around this guild... and I didn't see any thread for vocalists! Singing is my passion. I can sing alto, mezzo, and soprano ranges, and I enjoy singing jazz, gospel (although I am not religious), and R&B style music the most. I enjoy all genres of music as long as it is quality, from Christina Aguilera to Nelly Furtado to Johnny Cash to Utada Hikaru to Missy Elliot to Incubus.

I am psyched because I just got the female lead in my musical, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (I'm a narrator). Yay! xd Hopefully I will get off the ground with my desire to sing at open mic nights in clubs around the area... I would be in a band, but I don't know any musicians who are of a high enough caliber for me. crying

Share your vocal experiences and your vocal dreams here, I'd love to hear about them.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:52 pm
I'm an emcee and screamer for my band. I can sing some depressing emotional slow songs, but nothing fast.  

LigerZeroShneider

Yuki....Eiri

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:39 pm
yo i sing punk and slow songs and iam gay  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:48 pm
I sing. I sing from low (I cant go too low) to very high pitched. I can scream slightly and rapping... well, I guess I'm ok. I sing stuff all the way from Linkin Park to Evanescence.  

x.Marsh[mel]low.x
Captain

Nefarious_Cult_Maker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:22 pm
I'm an alto, i can go from a low d to a high e flat. I have a very trained voice, i've had vocal teachers ever since the fourth grade.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:02 pm
I'm a singer, not half bad I think, and I sing all styles. Technically I'm a soprano, but I can sing mid-tenor to descant soprano if I want. I really love opera and classical stuff, but I can sing all the pop diva, soul, rock stuff too. Singing is awesome. I don't have any professional training except my chorale which is "high caliber" if I may use your words MeiYanohi. smile I'm pretty good with music theory too! *glances around to see if she's listening* Also singing a duet with a fellow Gaian for our chorus concert this spring. biggrin  

bonkiep

Shadowolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:48 am
I'm a tenor voice type... I got a pretty limited range (it's like, an octave and 3 or 4 notes) sad but I hope to take on lead vocals eventually when I start a band sometime. I'm taking a college vocal class now, and am gonna get private lessons in the summer. Hope that'll help me. :/  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:56 pm
Yuki....Eiri
yo i sing punk and slow songs and iam gay

^^; thanks for the sexuality update sweatdrop  

x.Marsh[mel]low.x
Captain

Mindless Exploits

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:44 pm
I'm workin on being able to do vocals for metal music and stuff like that.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:08 pm
Yeah..I'm a soprano wanting badly to be an alto > < So I fake my voice alot. I don't know entirely how good my ranges are. I'm a higher alto to a high soprano. People tell me I sing from my nose sometimes, or reall really really love my voice...

I really hope I can get somewhere with my voice hopefully.  

The Lovely Miss Melanie

ulos_toivoa

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:49 am
umm my range is from tenor to soprano, but my favorite is alto or tenor most of the time. i've got a music festival on thursday and friday this week, blah, I'm singing alto in all of the songs but I don't really know the songs that well yet sweatdrop maybe i should go over them eventually. well at least i'm getting outta school for it! xd at least my chorus director didn't tell me that I have to cut back on the makeup this time. I will have to on friday for the performance but otherwise I'm Okay!
Let's see, I sing mostly metal and rock, I can sing stuff from Lacuna Coil to Cradle of Filth, I can growl but I can still sing really nice when I want to.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:57 pm
I sing mainly classical and liturgical for vocal class band, vocal jazz for vocal jazz band, and on my own time, I sing Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Cantonese, and a few English songs at my own leisure.  

Junai Bokunenjin

Ferocious Flautist

51,590 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Forever a Musician 500

BalletRat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:14 pm
I'm a mezzo-soprano, but I have a pretty good range. I've been in choirs since I was in like 2nd grade, and i've been told my voice has kind of a "broadway" sound, which is good because that's what I'm majoring in in college. But I sing in a band (in which I also play small guitar parts, nothing important that would hold the song together though) that's like indie-rock/folk.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:07 pm
MeiYanohi
Heya, I'm new around this guild... and I didn't see any thread for vocalists! Singing is my passion. I can sing alto, mezzo, and soprano ranges, and I enjoy singing jazz, gospel (although I am not religious), and R&B style music the most. I enjoy all genres of music as long as it is quality, from Christina Aguilera to Nelly Furtado to Johnny Cash to Utada Hikaru to Missy Elliot to Incubus.

I am psyched because I just got the female lead in my musical, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (I'm a narrator). Yay! xd Hopefully I will get off the ground with my desire to sing at open mic nights in clubs around the area... I would be in a band, but I don't know any musicians who are of a high enough caliber for me. crying

Share your vocal experiences and your vocal dreams here, I'd love to hear about them.
I am the LEad Singer in my band!!! It is so much fun just to be able to go beyond your expectations!! Good luck in your passionate career xd  

flyinhawaiin2

~ HKC Guardian Angel ~

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:01 am
i sing too... but i dont think im professional enough to be called a vocalist sweatdrop  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff