Tyy Tea
Captain

IRL Glitch

13,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Hunter 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:05 pm
So I've been considering getting a PS2 so i can start playing all of the classic games that i have never played...such as the Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts series. Well I was gonna wait until after Christmas and get a new PS2 for $100 but gamestop is having a sale on used ones for $50.

anyways there's the PS2 system and PS2 redesign...i haven't a clue about playstations so tell me what is the difference and which is better.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:25 pm
1. For the Final Fantasy games, you should get Dawn of souls for the GBA.Its the first 2 original FF games just with amped up graphics. Just my opinion...

Now on to hardware. The PS2 (fat ones) are just terrible. Within a month of having it my disk drive came off the tracks...twice. The slim one is the one you should go for. Especially if you are getting it at gamestop (where you can get a warranty) get the slim one.  

RPDPudder
Crew

3,050 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200

Tyy Tea
Captain

IRL Glitch

13,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Hunter 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:35 pm
RPDPudder
1. For the Final Fantasy games, you should get Dawn of souls for the GBA.Its the first 2 original FF games just with amped up graphics. Just my opinion...

Now on to hardware. The PS2 (fat ones) are just terrible. Within a month of having it my disk drive came off the tracks...twice. The slim one is the one you should go for. Especially if you are getting it at gamestop (where you can get a warranty) get the slim one.

alright thanks. and as far as the FF games i go i was originally gonna play all of them (1-14) but that would take me over a year. i was thinking of just playing all the ones people talk about often.

i'm thinking that would be VII, VIII, X, X-2, XII, XIII

I know XI is online as well as XIV so i don't care about those. the first 6 are 2-d and i don't hear about much. and i haven't heard much about IX.

thought on this ^^?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:57 pm
Glad I could help.

The online FF games suck. The new one sucks worse than the first one did (didn't think it could be done).

If you ever do want to play Dawn of souls (its FF I and II) I can hook you up with a good ROM site so you don't have to blow money.  

RPDPudder
Crew

3,050 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200

Metus Aquinas
Vice Captain

Newbie Businessman

5,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:55 pm
RPDPudder
Glad I could help.

The online FF games suck. The new one sucks worse than the first one did (didn't think it could be done).

If you ever do want to play Dawn of souls (its FF I and II) I can hook you up with a good ROM site so you don't have to blow money.

QFT.

I, too, recommend the slim PS2. I own one myself. The only differences that I seem to know between the two PS2's are the obvious size comparisons. Nothing else.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:44 am
RPDPudder
Glad I could help.

alright thanks. i have about 4 games that i need to beat right now thanks to black friday deals so i don't need the ROM now.

but just wondering what ROM site do you use? i use this http://coolrom.com/

EDIT: btw have you ever tried a Playstation emulator? i'm thinking i could play through the FF and KH games on that but not sure how well it works.  

Tyy Tea
Captain

IRL Glitch

13,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Hunter 50

Tyy Tea
Captain

IRL Glitch

13,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Hunter 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:45 am
Metus Aquinas
RPDPudder
Glad I could help.

QFT.

I, too, recommend the slim PS2. I own one myself. The only differences that I seem to know between the two PS2's are the obvious size comparisons. Nothing else.

kk thanks.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:24 am
I recommend the big ps2 but a new one not used, i have a big one and it's lasted about since the first ps2's came out. Also the online ff's let's you have your own character and be able to wield cloud's sword without being cloud(saw a video of this on youtube for ffXI). ff XIV takes place in a different era/place altogether.  

devouri2

Friendly Hunter

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Full closet 200

Metus Aquinas
Vice Captain

Newbie Businessman

5,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:35 pm
I wouldn't bother with the PS emulators. Too unstable. Many games lag like no tomorrow or just don't work at all.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:52 pm
Metus Aquinas
I wouldn't bother with the PS emulators. Too unstable. Many games lag like no tomorrow or just don't work at all.

alright then i won't bother with it. thx  

Tyy Tea
Captain

IRL Glitch

13,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Hunter 50

RPDPudder
Crew

3,050 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:56 pm
thor1005
Metus Aquinas

I know a good PS emulator that is actually quite stable. It s only ever lagged on me once and that was during the opening cut scene for FF8. I will have to dig it out of my program files to get the name (have had it for quite a while now) I'll get back to you on it tomorrow (gotta go to the music store in the morning to get parts for 2 guitars I'm restoring.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:43 am
RPDPudder
thor1005
Metus Aquinas

I know a good PS emulator that is actually quite stable. It s only ever lagged on me once and that was during the opening cut scene for FF8. I will have to dig it out of my program files to get the name (have had it for quite a while now) I'll get back to you on it tomorrow (gotta go to the music store in the morning to get parts for 2 guitars I'm restoring.

alrighty thanks (hmm i've been saying that a lot this thread)...i have a friend that plays guitar...yeah doesn't really matter but it just popped in my head xD  

Tyy Tea
Captain

IRL Glitch

13,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Hunter 50

mistress_hydro

7,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:42 am
if you are still getting a ps2, you should pick up soul caliber 2 or 3. they are a really good weapon based fighting game. freaky flyers is also a good racing game. aside from racing, there is even a dogfight mode where you can fly around and shoot down your friends.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:08 pm
hey if your still getting a ps2 i recommend the old metal gear solid games(2&3) and armored core silent line, you could also get timesplitters one of the best fps series to ever hit playstation, get your game on.  

devouri2

Friendly Hunter

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Full closet 200
Playstation

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers