Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions
The one thing I can never get right!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

--Untoten Kase--

Extreme Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:43 pm
Run as fast as you can...

I can never draw curls.... Dx Whether it's on paper, MS Paint, or anywhere! Whenever I draw curls, it looks like tiny little balls... never like a curl. Like, when I tried to draw the Gentle Curls hair for an avatar, I never got it right... So, I did my normal ball-type curl thingies. O.e

This is some of the curls I've tried and failed on in MS Paint (I would have some one paper, but I haven't scanned any yet. sweatdrop )

[♥]
[♥]
[♥]
[♥]
[♥]

((you might see that some say "By: xXxMurderous_MandyxXx, that's because at one time my username was xXxMurderous_MandyxXx and not --Undead Horror Doll--... xD))

[[Randon fact:: The drawing with the devil imp, and all that was one of my past avatars! <3 me and a friend were having a contest of who can draw it better......... she won.. o.o]]

And you don't have to tell me anything about the drawings themselves, just the curls in the hair.. ;/

...He's after you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:46 pm
User Image

one simple way I do is just the outline of hair with a few swirls and loops, makes for a really nice effect.

User Image

See this one thats all I did, just a hair outline with some pretty swirls and it gave her beautiful curly hair.

User Image

This one is for like shirly temple curls. You just draw like you would say... a rope, how its a series or bubbly diamonds (or rhombus or whatever you call that shape) all in a line, just space out those diamonds and reverse the diamonds for the spaces in between.

User Image

it'll give you this effect biggrin

User Image  

Digital Plush

Digital Plush

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:47 pm
Sorry if you cant understand what I'm saying, tried to make a MS paint tutorial thing but my photobucket wont let me on so Idk how to get it to you crying  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:50 pm
The best example are curled ribbons. Especially if you are making large ringlettes.
For looser curls, its just waves. Or very loose curves if on MS.
Flyawat strands are just a line going off the head.
Now, I think I can explain how to do it in MSPaint. I just have to try it first.

Here are a few tutorial I found:  

onipanda379

6,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items