Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
I'm an empath, please help!!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

daine_the_wild_mage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:25 pm
I'm an empath, and no matter what i try, i cant block out other people emotions from crowding my head! it gives me terrible headaches, and so far al the shielding spells i've tried have little or no effect, please help!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:12 pm
daine_the_wild_mage
I'm an empath, and no matter what i try, i cant block out other people emotions from crowding my head! it gives me terrible headaches, and so far al the shielding spells i've tried have little or no effect, please help!!!

Ahhh thus ignored due to sounding a lot like fluff. I have a friend who says she's constantly experiencing what you say you are experienceing. I tell her to see a therapist because a lot of the time it's her own feelings overwhelming her.

So try this first, sit alone in a room away from any people, do you still feel overwhelmed by emotion? If the answer is yes then there's a good chance that it's your own emotion in which case you need to find some sort of balance in your life to get you emotions in check.

If you are an actual empath and yes I do know a true empath then what you need to do is learn to distance yourself from other people, do not ever stand withing another person's aura because this is when the emotions of another person can be overpowering. Touching another person can have the same effect.

Spells won't necessarily work especially if you don't have much experience. I suggest meditation and visualisation. Visualise yourself in a globe and every time your overwhelmed then visualize the bubble solidifying  

-kissME-1

I be me

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:24 pm
my friend was having a similar issue, and my other friend just said to know your own emotions.
know that the feeling you are feeling is not your own, then release it.

it sounds simple, but it worked for her.
But this was in a very controled situation.
(I was having my aura clensed, and my friend was watching to increase her ability to see, then she got sucked into my emotions)  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:08 pm
Magic 101 folks.
Grounding
Centering
Shielding.

Any magic 101 book that has anything to say about any kind of energy work should have this in it. I like Yasmine Galenorn's Embracing the moon. Smack in the front of the book.  

TeaDidikai

Ultima the High Seraph

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:17 pm
heart heart heart

i've heard so many people say precisely the
same thing. in every case it really has been
people mistaking their own emotions for
others'. they are simply so unaware of their
own mental processes that they think that
what they're experiencing is alien. weird.

end transmission

heart heart heart

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:21 pm
Agreed Rinmai.

Projection (psychological) can be a real b***h. Which is why Grounding, Centering and Sheilding/Warding can be such a good tool. It helps on all levels when practiced correctly.  

TeaDidikai

daine_the_wild_mage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:41 pm
thanks for nothing... i mean there's the odd comment thats remotely helpfull but otherwise, i'd say how can u lot be pagan, and not believe in real magic? you seem incredibly sceptic, as there is no way all these emotion/thoughts are mine...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:36 pm
What are you talking about? They all gave you sound advice, and you're ignoring all of it. It sounds to me like you posted expecting someone to disbelieve you. There's only one person who was skeptic, and you're acting as if they were all attacking you. Why don't you try the advice you've been given before putting those who are trying to help down?

Regardless, good luck, and I hope things go well.  

Ailinea

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:00 pm
daine_the_wild_mage
thanks for nothing... i mean there's the odd comment thats remotely helpfull but otherwise, i'd say how can u lot be pagan, and not believe in real magic? you seem incredibly sceptic, as there is no way all these emotion/thoughts are mine...

Well first off, I have issues with the same sort of stuff. Because I'm an introvert, not because I'm empathic.

second, not all of us believe in magic. It may exist, but I don't practice it at the moment.

And yes, I am a skeptic. Being a member of a pagan religion doesn't mean I have to accept everything.

These fine folks have given you so many ideas of where to look. I'd look in on them. None of them are quick fixes, but with time and practice, may work.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:19 pm
:: headdesk ::

plus, you haven't even said what you've tried. i agree that chances are it's your OWN emotions overwhelming you (can we say, "mood swings"?). still, you can't expect help with anything by just going "it's broken, fix it!", whether it's your psyche or your personal computer. detailed and to-the-point descriptions of the problem and what you've done so far, plskthnxbai.  

MST3Kakalina

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:41 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:57 pm
daine_the_wild_mage

I worked in an occult shop for a number of years.
We had a large sign above the desk that said "Children left unattended would be fattened u...." sweatdrop Wrong sign.

"It is not my Job to Validate Your Delusion".

I believe in magic. I also believe that it is a pathetic magic user that puts themselves into situations that they do not know how to deal with.

I am also painfully aware to the nature of crafted ability over crafted drama.

Get a book- Yasmine's is at the top of my list, read it.
Listen to what Reagun and Nuri had to say- they make some good points. (Pst... some people have really negitive reactions to hemetite, if you are amongst them, there are other stones that may work for you as well)  

TeaDidikai

Pelta

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:32 pm
daine_the_wild_mage

Honey, I know it sounds harsh, but have you heard of PMS? Maybe try some Feminax or Midol and calm down a bit. Hormones can wreak total havoc on brains, bodies and psychic abilities.
There have been a lot of good suggestions in this thread. It doesn't make much sense to me to ask for advice and disregard it when it's given. Tea and Reagun Ban had some good things to say. Maybe you should take them into consideration, if all these feelings are actually empathy. If you don't want to follow any advice that's up to you.
To be helpful though, I find moonstone helps control emotions, especially feminine ones. Find a piece and sit with it or carry it around. It can be quite relaxing.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:50 pm
daine_the_wild_mage
Honey, calm down for a sec. These are just peoples opinions. Nobody can know the full extent and all of the details of your situation except you, so nobody can precicely diagnose except you. Why don't you try a psychic's guild? (Mine's the "Gaian Psychic's Guild" They've been incredibly helpful to me. It's lead by Azana Brown... or is it Azana_Brown...)  

Kahri

midara the happy banshee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:53 pm
TeaDidikai
Listen to what Reagun and Nuri had to say- they make some good points. (Pst... some people have really negitive reactions to hemetite, if you are amongst them, there are other stones that may work for you as well)

Do you happen to know any off the top of your head? I'm sensitive to hematite, and alternatives sound interesting.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff