Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Daily Routines Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:06 pm
For those of you with a consistent daily practice, what does yours involve?

Mines not always consistent, but I have my prayer beads that I probably use most days of the week.

For less than Daily, I bake about once a week as an offering to Hestia.

So what do you guys do? What do you want to do?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:35 pm
I wish I'd be able to meditate every day. I'm at about once a week, and even then it usually gets shoved off to make room for something else.

I also keep putting off the things I need to create as permanent sigils, but once I do that, then, in theory, I will be meditating every day.  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Branwen Silverwolf

Devoted Prophet

7,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:04 pm
I have a small altar (it's really this yellow kitchen chair I found next to the dumpster and there was just something about it) set up where I light incense once I've got my daughter settled in the morning. I sometimes leave little trinkets that I or my daughter find.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:41 pm
I meditate and pray every day.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Synnthetika

5,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:41 pm
I try to remember to at least say a greeting to the landvaettir, the gods, and the heroes as I pass my heaped stone altar (I think it's spelled hoergr, but I have only heard the word, never seen it written) every day.

I want to be able to put a little offering there every morning as I leave. Nothing exorbitant, maybe even something as simple as toast with butter and jam or a little oatmeal. I'd also really like to get back into finding the runes. I've been putting it off for fear that I would start and then not be able to keep up, but I just gotta do it. Even if it's just for a couple minutes a day.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:21 pm
I used to have daily practice. I would do a basic purification (washing my hands, arms, face). I would light a candle and recite the Orphic Hymn to Musaeus. Depending on the day I would either make an offering or just... talk. Put myself out there for the day to which ever one of Them was interested.

Eventually I stopped because my Hellenic practice at first became more focused on particular relationships and has now become more 'folksy' and less ritualistic.

My daily practice now largely revolves around the little things that form the basis of my personal faith - little actions like how I keep myself (physically and mentally), how I cook food, things like that. I also have an olive tree that I care for (it's still little and cute in a pot) in honor of the goddess who initially pushed me into the Hellenic pool.

Ideally I want to bring the ritual back in - regularly doing Noumenia for instance, and some sort of solid and separate daily devotion that is relevant to Hellenic and Slavic deities.  

Collowrath

kyndryana3

10,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:26 am
I have a routine I go through at night before bed. I say affirmations/gratitude statements. There is a tai-chi based exercise I was taught when I was very young that has stuck with me...to help relax the body. I also spend some time in prayer.

I don't meditate every day, though it is a pretty regular practice. I would like to get back into daily meditations, but I dislike meditating right before bed, and there are days where I have a hard time carving out time to spend in meditation.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:28 am
I meditate and set my intentions in the morning and in the evening I do gratitude. Sometime in the day I do reiki on myself though that's more an as I see fit thing than a general must do. Twice a week I try to put time a side to focus on sending energy and prayers out for close friends and family. Once a week I try to focus on local news and global news. I keep up with current news events and personal events as they come, but I like to set aside time in my week to filter and deal with that mentally and religiously beyond the immediate moment I learn about said events.

I'm really connected to colors and there personal meanings. This season I've been focused on green and gold so I do my best to work it into my wardrobe and to keep an eye out for those colors in the world around me. Before that I was looking for blues and teals and before that it was orange.

Sometimes I hold constant symbols and signs with me, but right now I don't see a need and none of my guides have directed anything specific as they sometimes do.  

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Hawk Atreides

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:39 am
This is kind of weird, but I always used to have one last cigarette before bed as a time to meditate and give gratitude before sleeping. I've nearly stopped the religious aspect of it, to my shame, but I think I intend to pick it back up again. It grew out of necessity and maintenance of hospitality, and eventually became near-ritual. Then it just became habit. I think I can still say I use the time to shed the day in the manner I think my deities wish of me, but it's no longer a directed act.

Sorry if this doesn't quite fit.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:15 am
Collowrath

Eventually I stopped because my Hellenic practice at first became more focused on particular relationships and has now become more 'folksy' and less ritualistic.

This in every way.

Most days now I light my candle for Hestia and recite a Hymn for her. Then, throughout the day if I am around I will burn incense or leave a little food out for one of the gods or my ancestors as I go about things.  

patch99329

Seeky

Inquisitive Seeker

14,550 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:03 am
I think everyone, including and especially, saint dreya, will find this weird. I say the Sailor's Creed before bed as an affirmation.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:22 am
I try to meditate everyday and do a crossing at night in honor of those I serve. Sometimes I am too exhausted however crying

I try to meditate in the morning and at night, but usually it's just at night. Though...I suppose my shower counts....hm...

I also try to give an offering to the local spirits once a week and a bigger offering to those I serve on a Saturday or Wednesday. But mundane life sometimes gets in the way.

Stupid mundane life...work...school. *shakes fist*  

Cunning Witch Angus

Dante Moonshadow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:28 pm
Hawk Atreides
This is kind of weird, but I always used to have one last cigarette before bed as a time to meditate and give gratitude before sleeping. I've nearly stopped the religious aspect of it, to my shame, but I think I intend to pick it back up again. It grew out of necessity and maintenance of hospitality, and eventually became near-ritual. Then it just became habit. I think I can still say I use the time to shed the day in the manner I think my deities wish of me, but it's no longer a directed act.

Sorry if this doesn't quite fit.

I actually do something very similar. I guess one could say that it is a sort of ritual. I mean, i don't personally attach any meaning to it, just a time to think and mull things over, clear my mind, etc. before going to bed  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:18 pm
Seeing the divine spark inside myself, as well as being a fan of Buddhism, I would say my daily/weekly rituals would include meditating and taking care of myself, as well as the world around me.
I don't see anything else as important.
I wish I could be more consistent though.

Naynram Ukir

Salmenella

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:46 pm
I pray twice a day with an offering. When I wake up and before bed, I light my candle for Vesta and pray/make offerings to her and the household and family spirits.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff